U.S. Government Accountability Office
www.gao.gov Washington, DC 1000 to 5000 Employees

U.S. Government Accountability Office Information Technology Interview Questions & Reviews

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Information Technology Interview

Information Technology
Washington, DC

The process took a day - interviewed at U.S. Government Accountability Office in April 2009.

Interview Details – I applied for the position using the USA jobs website. There were questions that required a narrative which I answered carefully. I refined my answers several times, as the website allows you to change your application up until the closing date. About 2 weeks later I was contacted by an HR person who scheduled me for an interview with the department chief and team members the following week. I was provided with their names and titles beforehand. The day of the interview I met with the HR contact who explained the process and answered my questions, and the interview itself was 45 minutes long, where I was asked about 4 or 5 open-ended questions which pertained to either my experience or the work that department does. I was told that they used a standard set of questions for this position so as to compare each applicant equally.

About 2 weeks later I was extended an offer and accepted.

Everyone involved seemed very happy and professional, and the entire process was extremely comfortable, yet focused on figuring out who I was and exploring my skillset. I think my timeframe was very short compared to the hiring of other GAO positions, such as analysts, and shouldn't be used as a comparison.

Interview Question – Explain how you would handle having to explain to someone that their project has been pre-empted by another more important project (not an exact quote)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate as I was happy with the starting salary.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for U.S. Government Accountability Office? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at U.S. Government Accountability Office Information Technology interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by U.S. Government Accountability Office employees and interview candidates.