U.S. Government Accountability Office

www.gao.gov

U.S. Government Accountability Office Summer Analyst Interview Questions

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at U.S. Government Accountability Office in April 2010.

The interview included a simple phone interview that last about thirty minutes. I was asked the standard fit questions and briefly asked about my technical background. The interviewers seemed genuine and soundly like they actually enjoyed their work.

Interview Questions
  • Please describe a situation where you were required to work with as part of a team. What was the biggest obstacle? How did you achieve it?   Answer Question
Since it is the government there is very little room for negotiating.

Other Interview Reviews for U.S. Government Accountability Office

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

The process took a dayinterviewed at U.S. Government Accountability Office in February 2010.

I filled out the application on USAjobs.gov. I was called to set up an interview about two months later. My interview was scheduled for my half birthday (February 10, 2010) during the Washington D.C. snow storms so I was stood up for the first scheduled interview, but we re rescheduled :)

I was supposed to be interviewed by a panel, but because there were people missing from the office there was only one gentleman and our conversation was recorded. They asked me about times when I was part of a team, how I prioritized projects, and my writing. It was very conversational and we talked more about his experience after the "interview" portion was over. We had a very honest conversation about the two positions I was being interviewed for and the pros and cons. The people I ended up working with were fantastic. The colleagues I found at the GAO were top notch.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you were on a team and a team member didn't pull his/her weight.   Answer Question
    • How do you prioritize tasks?   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate, although I probably could have.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at U.S. Government Accountability Office in March 2009.

Applied online at USAjobs November 2008, received a call-back March 2009 and scheduled a 60 minute phone interview (with the 3 interviewers). Received my job offer in April 2009 and began working May 2009.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe your approach to evaluating a policy or program   Answer Question