U.S. News & World Report

Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Specialist Interview

Marketing Specialist
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at U.S. News & World Report in February 2014.

Interview Details – I received an email for a phone interview within the hour of submitting my application. After the phone interview, I was invited in to meet with six people from the Education/Hospitality teams. They were all incredibly friendly and intelligent. However, the process took a while (almost two months) to complete. I was a finalist for the position but never heard back about a decision despite several follow-ups. Really nice group, but the communication could have been better.

Interview Question – What problems would we be inheriting from your previous employer?   View Answer

Internship Interview

Internship
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at U.S. News & World Report in July 2010.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview, then a writing test, then an in-person interview, then another phone interview. After the in-person interview, they invited me to come meet with them in DC (expenses paid) and then waited 2 weeks to tell me that airfare was too high and another phone interview would be better. None of the interviews were very hard but they just took forever to get back with me and after my last phone interview they still haven't sent me a rejection letter. I just didn't feel like they treated me with very much respect throughout the whole process.

Interview Questions

Network Administrative Interview

Network Administrative
Washington, DC

The process took a day - interviewed at U.S. News & World Report in December 2009.

Interview Details – It was quite fun, I was interviewed initially by the head Network guy, Then by 5 others, that also worked it the IT dept. They asked me a lot of question, in a round table like manner, as long as you know what you're talking about, you should be good to go

Interview Question – Define DNS   View Answer

Worked for U.S. News & World Report? Contribute to the Community!