U.S. Office of Personnel Management

Relevance Date Difficulty

Contact Specialist Interview

Contact Specialist
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Office of Personnel Management in February 2013.

Interview Details – They contacted me for an interview. The interview was with a panel of 3 supervisors. Then they send me a job offer. I accepted. I had to pass a background check. Background check took about a month. Then I started working.

Interview Question – There was really no difficult question. They asked me situational questions such as: "what was a situation were something took you by surprise?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary was already arranged base on government standard (years of experience, education, etc), there was no much room to negotiate.

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Human Resources Specialist
Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and interviewed at U.S. Office of Personnel Management.

Interview Details – Most all are hired through USJobs.gov. It is a lengthy process and one must pay careful attention to all the information provided in the announcement. Tailor resume to fit each individual job using key words from the job description.

Interview Question – Tell me why I should hire you instead of the other 149 applicants.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation whatsoever.

Management Analyst Interview

Management Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at U.S. Office of Personnel Management.

Interview Details – Very structured. Several multi-part questions.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you had a conflict with a peer or customer on a project. How did you deal with it and what was the outcome? How did you feel about it?   Answer Question

Assistant Office Manager Interview

Assistant Office Manager
New York, NY

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Office of Personnel Management in April 2009.

Interview Details – I apllied online, after 2 days a received a phone call from HR setting up an interview for the next week. I meet with HR manager the interview took about a hour.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Salary was fix.

IT Specialist Interview

IT Specialist
Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at U.S. Office of Personnel Management in July 2009.

Interview Details – Phone interview, 1:1 interview, background investigation

Interview Question – Describe your past experience.   View Answer

Worked for U.S. Office of Personnel Management? Contribute to the Community!