U.S. Office of Personnel Management Interview Questions

2.8

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at U.S. Office of Personnel Management (Washington, DC).

Interview

Most all are hired through USJobs.gov. It is a lengthy process and one must pay careful attention to all the information provided in the announcement. Tailor resume to fit each individual job using key words from the job description.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why I should hire you instead of the other 149 applicants.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation whatsoever.

Management Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at U.S. Office of Personnel Management.

Interview

Very structured. Several multi-part questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had a conflict with a peer or customer on a project. How did you deal with it and what was the outcome? How did you feel about it?   Answer Question

Contact Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Office of Personnel Management (Washington, DC) in February 2013.

Interview

They contacted me for an interview. The interview was with a panel of 3 supervisors. Then they send me a job offer. I accepted. I had to pass a background check. Background check took about a month. Then I started working.

Interview Questions

• There was really no difficult question. They asked me situational questions such as: "what was a situation were something took you by surprise?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary was already arranged base on government standard (years of experience, education, etc), there was no much room to negotiate.

Background Investigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Patuxent River, MD

Application

I applied online – interviewed at U.S. Office of Personnel Management (Patuxent River, MD) in February 2011.

Interview

Online application, interview with local supervisor, security clearance process then took 30 days. Whole process was straight forward with good communications as long as you make yourself available for interview at any location. I had to travel 1 hour for interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you would conduct an interview of a reference for security clearance.   1 Answer
    • Tell me of a character flaw you have   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offer letter received after one week by email

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at U.S. Office of Personnel Management (Washington, DC) in July 2009.

Interview

Phone interview, 1:1 interview, background investigation

Interview Questions

• Describe your past experience.   1 Answer

Assistant Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Office of Personnel Management (New York, NY) in April 2009.

Interview

I apllied online, after 2 days a received a phone call from HR setting up an interview for the next week. I meet with HR manager the interview took about a hour.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary was fix.