U.S. Security Associates

Updated Sep 14, 2014

1.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at U.S. Security Associates in August 2010.

I interviewed with a District Manager who himself seemed very knowledgeable and professional. I think we clicked right off the bat because after reviewing my resume and speaking with him for a few minutes, it was apparent that our backgrounds were very similar. He continued by detailing the job responsibilities and his expectations for the position. We then toured the facility, at which point I felt that I knew I was getting the job. To be on the safe side, I used the opportunity to highlight specific cases that I had worked in the past. that sealed the deal I believe. He then told be about company orientation dates and times, background checks, and drug testing. All in all about an hour was spent "interviewing".

Interview Questions
    • This interview was pretty standard. I have a lot of experience, and was not caught off guard with any of them.   Answer Question
    Salary was firm with no negotiation, however the review process allows for up to two raises per year based on performance.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Roswell, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roswell, GA

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at U.S. Security Associates in January 2009.

Even though the position was for Inside Sales, my last interview involved me selling a cheap, obnoxious men's tie to managers. It was not expected and quite fun.

Lead Patrol Field Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

The process took 2 days - interviewed at U.S. Security Associates in January 2010.

They take way to long to process your paper work, and you dont get paid for training which that is a eight hour course. You will be there all day with no pay, Im sure that illegal.

Interview Questions
    Get it in writing, because they like to play the dumd card on you quick!

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at U.S. Security Associates in October 2012.

Very easy to get hired at this company as long as you can pass a background check. The biggest thing is passing their terrorism test on their computer & loss prevention if your doing LP for them. They have all their own test that you must pass to work at this company and you get two shoots to pass them and one shoot to pass any drug test & background check.

Interview Questions
    • The terrorism & loss prevention test was the most difficult thing about the process. The most unexpected was the wait you can go into the office and wait up to 1-4 hours if you don't keep on them.   Answer Question
    It was a pain in the butt first i was offered $14,50 then the day before i was to start work they retracted their offer & gave me 13.00 an hour

Security Guard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at U.S. Security Associates in February 2012.

The Interview was very professional and well organized... I was interviewed by one man who referred me to another above him to make a decision about what position i should get with the company. They were very considerate and nice people. I thought I was getting on with a GREAT company.

Interview Questions
    • When is the last time your cell phone was cut off?   View Answer
    Very unimpressed with the company when my interview went so well they offered me the Shift supervisor position as a new hire because of my security and military experience and my professionalism... and when I cam in the next day for training... they told me the had given it to some one else... AFTER they had given it to me... because her husband had gotten the contract for the company... it didn't work out in the end...

Security Guard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Worcester, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at U.S. Security Associates in September 2010.

Generally if you aren't trying to be hired for high paying site, $14 Hr and up, basically they only want bodies. However be aware that its a mix of the main office hiring and the site manager. The office truly only cares about filling positions. The site managers themselves are open to conduct interviews however they want for good or bad.

Nothing to negotiate you take the pay or dont.

Security Officer Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at U.S. Security Associates in August 2012.

Was one of the best Guards we have got sent to this site to work. Got let go for not being up to par even though I was more than good enough.

Interview Questions
    • Got asked questions on what I would do in certain senerios at my job there and was told most of the time I was wrong on my answers and I explained to them why I believe I am right with alot of backing and with alot of thought behind why I believed in doing things a certain way in these different senerios asked. Then they could not explain to me why my thought answer is wrong. They originally said I was wrong and I explained to them why I believe what I do and they couldn't find any flaws in it and they scrathed their head like hmmmm that kind of makes sense to me (DUH)   Answer Question

Security Officer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at U.S. Security Associates in August 2012.

The process was pretty straight forward, After filling an application Received a call within a week asked general questions based on availability to work. You will receive a date to come to their office in business casual attire to finish process going through guard training which has a test at the end and the mandatory drug and background test.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to work overnight at a construction site by yourself.   Answer Question

Loss Prevention Agent Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at U.S. Security Associates in November 2008.

It was fast and easy, the only thing that was complex was the fact that a guard card was needed. It took a whole week to pass this requirement and there was no pay for it. The drug testing is done on the spot. They do suggest the fact that they do random testing for drugs but it has never be done to me.

Interview Questions
    They like to make the deal on the spot alot of pressure and fact dropping on how they are unable to give more for the profitability of the company's contract.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at U.S. Security Associates in February 2014.

Had to drive an hour and a half away to go to the companys home office. I felt very unfortunate for this company to not be hiring locally. Most companies would set up a place to hire locally.

Cant complain

Worked for U.S. Security Associates? Contribute to the Community!