U.S. Security Associates

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Average Difficulty
40 candidate interviews

Worcester, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at U.S. Security Associates in September 2010.

Interview Details – Generally if you aren't trying to be hired for high paying site, $14 Hr and up, basically they only want bodies. However be aware that its a mix of the main office hiring and the site manager. The office truly only cares about filling positions. The site managers themselves are open to conduct interviews however they want for good or bad.

Negotiation Details – Nothing to negotiate you take the pay or dont.

Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at U.S. Security Associates in June 2014.

Interview Details – Quick and easy, you get asked 2 questions on the phone interview. whats is your security experience and what other qualities do you have to contribute to being a officer. if hired you get a 8hr orientatation 2 days later and you have to pass a digital and drug test during orientation

Interview Question – None really
1. What is your security experience
2.what other qualities do you have to contribute to being a officer.
  Answer Question

Security Officer

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at U.S. Security Associates.

Interview Details – Interview was very easy and relaxed style a few questions then poof your done. The Hiring Process was so long you have to go to their home office which may be miles away for almost a week to complete the entire process to be able to start work.

Interview Question – Really didnt have one but generally its what is you best or worse trait   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not Employed Any Longer Interview

Not Employed Any Longer
Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at U.S. Security Associates in December 2010.

Interview Details – The manager asked me to start immediately as a Site Supervisor at Walmart and I accepted. I went for my drug test, filled out the paperwork and received my uniforms and badge. I started that evening.

Interview Questions

• How can you work a full-time heat and air job, full-time college student, and a full-time security guard?   View Answer
  • Are you still employed?   View Answer

Interviewed at U.S. Security Associates

Interview Details – Sign an application, take urine test, look at your background info...there really wasn't much interviewing. They just made sure you were sane. After the interview and uniform sizing they set you up on any site they have available.

Murrells Inlet, SC

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at U.S. Security Associates in November 2013.

Interview Details – I was picked up from a previous contract. Everything was very disorganized with promises of higher pay when after 6 months we are still at the same amount. There was little or no communication between the Area Manager and the District Manager, which led to some confusing answers.

Interview Question – Asked about how we get paid.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation process, I needed a job since I was loosing my current one to them. They said I would get paid x amount and that was that.

Lead Security Officer Interview

Lead Security Officer
Houston, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at U.S. Security Associates in August 2010.

Interview Details – Rather simple; basic writing, reading comprehension, and communication skills tested; High School/GED level testing; Applied and was granted an interview within days; Upon confirmation of aforementioned skills, was offered the position.

Negotiation Details – N/A. Inflexible offer given.

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at U.S. Security Associates in February 2012.

Interview Details – The Interview was very professional and well organized... I was interviewed by one man who referred me to another above him to make a decision about what position i should get with the company. They were very considerate and nice people. I thought I was getting on with a GREAT company.

Interview Question – When is the last time your cell phone was cut off?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very unimpressed with the company when my interview went so well they offered me the Shift supervisor position as a new hire because of my security and military experience and my professionalism... and when I cam in the next day for training... they told me the had given it to some one else... AFTER they had given it to me... because her husband had gotten the contract for the company... it didn't work out in the end...

Southfield, MI

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at U.S. Security Associates.

Interview Details – They wanted a resume, proof of diploma or GED, Social security card, drivers license, and performed a background check for a criminal record. There was an in person interview with someone in H.R.

After I was informed of intent to hire they had me go to a clinic for health check and drug screening. This part may vary depending on the site you're assigned to work.

Interview Question – Rather basic questions and much of it related to understanding previous experience in the field.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You may be able to negotiate depending on availability of positions. Each site pays different and offers slightly different options. You may get better pay or work options but have to travel farther.

Assistant Site Supervisor Interview

Assistant Site Supervisor

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at U.S. Security Associates.

Interview Details – Interview and screening at the Allentown office. Then a drug test and background check that takes forever. Then an 8-9 hour day basic training at the Allentown office. Then three days at job site training at minimum wage pay.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you over other applicants?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiating involved

Interviews for Top Jobs at U.S. Security Associates

Worked for U.S. Security Associates? Contribute to the Community!