U.S. Security Associates

Updated Nov 17, 2014

1.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at U.S. Security Associates in February 2014.

Had to drive an hour and a half away to go to the companys home office. I felt very unfortunate for this company to not be hiring locally. Most companies would set up a place to hire locally.

Cant complain

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Federal Way, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Federal Way, WA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at U.S. Security Associates.

I don't really remember the process all that much except the day I submitted my resume, I was called into the office for an interview. It was one interview and it went well. I already had 10 years security behind me. I thought both Cheryl and Mike (Recruiter and Field Supervisor) were friendly and helpful as they placed me right away. Thought the office was a little cluttered and they never seem to have the right size uniforms in stock.

Interview Questions
    • None. All the questions were routine and easy to answer.   Answer Question
    There were no negotiation phase.

Security Officer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at U.S. Security Associates.

make sure your driver lin and security lines is up to date, be available days and nights ,be willing to travel in your local area...you will get hired on the spot

Interview Questions
    • say yes when they ask you do you have reliable transportation, if you say something like me and my wife share a car..then they wont hire you, so just say yes..leave it at that   Answer Question

Security Guard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murrells Inlet, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murrells Inlet, SC

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at U.S. Security Associates in November 2013.

I was picked up from a previous contract. Everything was very disorganized with promises of higher pay when after 6 months we are still at the same amount. There was little or no communication between the Area Manager and the District Manager, which led to some confusing answers.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation process, I needed a job since I was loosing my current one to them. They said I would get paid x amount and that was that.

Security Officer Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at U.S. Security Associates.

You can always apply online directly through the US Security website, chances are that they will not respond to it. They constantly have posting on craigslist that is the easiest way with this company also in person go to the local branch office and apply in person.
    Once you apply they will froward your resume to a site lead, where they will interview you, or you will be interviewed by the branch and then they will ask you for some documents. They will run your background,DMV, and give you a drug test in the office. If you pass your in, they issue you uniforms and you'll get some sites to work almost instantly.

Interview Questions
    • They do not ask you anything other than what is your experience. If you can manage to not sleep through out the interview that takes roughly 5 minutes then your in.   Answer Question
    Basically let them know when your available, how far you are willing to travel, and what shifts you are looking for. Pay rate will vary according to the sites you are placed at.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Security Associates.

The hiring process was simple. Send in your application online, then wait for a response and set up an interview.

The first part of the "interview" was filling out a ton of paperwork, including having your driver's license and social security card scanned. Then you sit around until you finally get to interview. Plan on spending 2 hours at the office due to paperwork and waiting.

The interview was a joke. The interviewer was shopping online and taking personal phone calls during the interview process. She created the most unprofessional interview I have ever had the displeasure of taking part in.

Next was the unpaid 8 hour training day to see if you even qualify to become a security officer with their company. The current employees who I saw coming into the office were extremely unprofessional, and had no business in a customer service position such as this.

Interview Questions
    • What questions, she just shopped online and talked on the phone.   Answer Question
    Not much of a negotiation, their pay is standardized.

Armed Security Officer Interview

Was so fast at the time I started right away. They cannot find or keep Officer so they will go quick for hired peoples.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Security Associates in October 2012.

Interview lasted 5 mins, when can you start, what is your availability?

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation phase.

Loss Prevention Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at U.S. Security Associates in October 2012.

Very easy to get hired at this company as long as you can pass a background check. The biggest thing is passing their terrorism test on their computer & loss prevention if your doing LP for them. They have all their own test that you must pass to work at this company and you get two shoots to pass them and one shoot to pass any drug test & background check.

Interview Questions
    • The terrorism & loss prevention test was the most difficult thing about the process. The most unexpected was the wait you can go into the office and wait up to 1-4 hours if you don't keep on them.   Answer Question
    It was a pain in the butt first i was offered $14,50 then the day before i was to start work they retracted their offer & gave me 13.00 an hour

Security Guard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at U.S. Security Associates in August 2012.

Went in for an interview, was similar to a retail job interview, nothing crazy. Asks the typical "explain a time you were in a difficult situation, and how you handled it."

Interview Questions
    • Nothing very difficult, pretty basic. Looking for someone that can stay out of trouble working on there own.   Answer Question
    Basically told me I got the job starting a $9 an hour. First shift was filled so I had the option of second or third shift, I chose second.