U.S. Security Associates

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at U.S. Security Associates in October 2012.

Interview Details – Very easy to get hired at this company as long as you can pass a background check. The biggest thing is passing their terrorism test on their computer & loss prevention if your doing LP for them. They have all their own test that you must pass to work at this company and you get two shoots to pass them and one shoot to pass any drug test & background check.

Interview Question – The terrorism & loss prevention test was the most difficult thing about the process. The most unexpected was the wait you can go into the office and wait up to 1-4 hours if you don't keep on them.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was a pain in the butt first i was offered $14,50 then the day before i was to start work they retracted their offer & gave me 13.00 an hour

Very Easy Interview

Portland, OR

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at U.S. Security Associates in January 2011.

Interview Details – The interview consisted of about a 30 minute phone call. My resume was reviewed and basically I had the job before the manager even talked to me. The only questions asked really were about my previous employment, if i have any criminal background, can I pass a drug test, and how soon I would be able to start. I was also promised many things such as gas reimbursement, benefits, etc, etc which I later found out were grossly exaggerated in order to get me to say yes to the job.

Interview Question – No questions were that unique   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate my pay from $12 to $13 an hour.

Orlando, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at U.S. Security Associates in August 2010.

Interview Details – I interviewed with a District Manager who himself seemed very knowledgeable and professional. I think we clicked right off the bat because after reviewing my resume and speaking with him for a few minutes, it was apparent that our backgrounds were very similar. He continued by detailing the job responsibilities and his expectations for the position. We then toured the facility, at which point I felt that I knew I was getting the job. To be on the safe side, I used the opportunity to highlight specific cases that I had worked in the past. that sealed the deal I believe. He then told be about company orientation dates and times, background checks, and drug testing. All in all about an hour was spent "interviewing".

Interview Question – This interview was pretty standard. I have a lot of experience, and was not caught off guard with any of them.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary was firm with no negotiation, however the review process allows for up to two raises per year based on performance.

Loss Prevention Agent

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at U.S. Security Associates in November 2008.

Interview Details – It was fast and easy, the only thing that was complex was the fact that a guard card was needed. It took a whole week to pass this requirement and there was no pay for it. The drug testing is done on the spot. They do suggest the fact that they do random testing for drugs but it has never be done to me.

Interview Question – What would you like for your salary?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They like to make the deal on the spot alot of pressure and fact dropping on how they are unable to give more for the profitability of the company's contract.

Interviews for Top Jobs at U.S. Security Associates

Worked for U.S. Security Associates? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at U.S. Security Associates Loss Prevention Agent interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by U.S. Security Associates employees and interview candidates.