U.S. Security Associates

1.4

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at U.S. Security Associates in June 2014.

Very simple phone interview, then met the next day and did all the paperwork. Was also very fast, should have been a sign, that they just want bodys to fill shifts. They did a background check before the phone interview.

Other Interview Reviews for U.S. Security Associates

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murrells Inlet, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murrells Inlet, SC

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at U.S. Security Associates in November 2013.

I was picked up from a previous contract. Everything was very disorganized with promises of higher pay when after 6 months we are still at the same amount. There was little or no communication between the Area Manager and the District Manager, which led to some confusing answers.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation process, I needed a job since I was loosing my current one to them. They said I would get paid x amount and that was that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at U.S. Security Associates in August 2012.

Went in for an interview, was similar to a retail job interview, nothing crazy. Asks the typical "explain a time you were in a difficult situation, and how you handled it."

Interview Questions
    • Nothing very difficult, pretty basic. Looking for someone that can stay out of trouble working on there own.   Answer Question
    Basically told me I got the job starting a $9 an hour. First shift was filled so I had the option of second or third shift, I chose second.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Federal Way, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Federal Way, WA

I applied in-person – interviewed at U.S. Security Associates in May 2012.

went through pointless traiing

Security Guard Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at U.S. Security Associates in April 2012.

Very poor, the hiring manager had no experience in Security at all, could tell that they lie to you right from the start about the job and pay and getting rasies

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing hard at all about the interview, especially after i was hired to see the kind of people they hired just goes to show that the hiring manager had no background in Security if he did then their is something really wrong with his hiring process.   Answer Question
    There really was none it was take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at U.S. Security Associates in February 2012.

The Interview was very professional and well organized... I was interviewed by one man who referred me to another above him to make a decision about what position i should get with the company. They were very considerate and nice people. I thought I was getting on with a GREAT company.

Interview Questions
    • When is the last time your cell phone was cut off?   View Answer
    Very unimpressed with the company when my interview went so well they offered me the Shift supervisor position as a new hire because of my security and military experience and my professionalism... and when I cam in the next day for training... they told me the had given it to some one else... AFTER they had given it to me... because her husband had gotten the contract for the company... it didn't work out in the end...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at U.S. Security Associates in December 2011.

Interviewed initially at office then 2nd interview on site with manager.

On 2nd interview was told nothing but lies. How all advancement based upon merit. I never missed a single day in 1 months, worked hard, harder than all temmates, and never became full time. Why? Because of politics. There was a girl that called in sick every other week but still remained full-time. She never got fired but finally quit. Still never was i offered full-time.

They repeatedly lied over and over about why I was never offered a permanent position.

none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at U.S. Security Associates in October 2010.

Once you pass your background check your hired

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at U.S. Security Associates in September 2010.

Generally if you aren't trying to be hired for high paying site, $14 Hr and up, basically they only want bodies. However be aware that its a mix of the main office hiring and the site manager. The office truly only cares about filling positions. The site managers themselves are open to conduct interviews however they want for good or bad.

Nothing to negotiate you take the pay or dont.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Covina, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Covina, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at U.S. Security Associates in July 2010.

This was the first security company I applied for, as the retail store I was working was doing very poor sales (I worked the second shift and the day people would maybe have $300 in sales, bad when they sell shoes for $30). Since I worked weekend swing shift and had mid-week off, going to their office wasn't a problem, but it was quite a drive from Long Beach.

Filled out the application online and invited for an interview. There was an older gentleman with prior security expereince in aerospace and told me "If they don't pay you at least $20/hour, don't bother." I should have taken the gentleman's statement as fact, but I didn't know better. Interview time wasn't honored; the receptionist waited until there were several of us in a tiny 12'x12' room (with seating for six) in stifling heat (also didn't help the was no A/C and we're wearing suits.

Had a group interview then the gal sat down with us individually for not more than five minutes and told me she'd be in touch. Get a callback a couple days later and was invited to fill out some additional information and take some assessments. Six hours later after watching several inane training videos in another stifling room with a dozen of us (with seating for six...but this was a 10'x10' room), I'm finally able to sit in front of some HR girl (yes, I'm calling her a girl because she had to be barely 20) and ask particulars about the assignments, additional training, advancement/promotions, compentsation, etc., but she couldn't give me any satisfying answers. It didn't help that she was just filling in from their San Diego office and didn't have a clue about LA/OC geography, but told me she can get me a post close to Long Beach ("Can you work in Escondido?" "Sorry, that's too far for me."). I'm thinking this company is a joke and just thanked the girl for her time, but this wasn't going to work for me.

A few days later, I get a call from the receptionist, informing me that I need to come in, pick up my uniforms and report to my post next week. Uh, hold the phone lady...I told her that I didn't accept anything, didn't have any of my questions answered ("Uh, I don't know, but I'll get back to you on that" was the girls response to most of my questions...such as "How much does the post pay?") and wasn't even presented with a written offer for employment. Then the receptionist gets really snippy, telling me that they spent considerable time and money processing my application and running my background and drug test. Funny bit was that I never took a drug test and if a background check takes you three days, it's no background check at all. We have a little spirited dialogue and I told her I'd email the questions I asked the HR girl and if you can answer them, I'll come in and continue the process. I think you know that by the tone of this review that I never received a reply to my email.

Interview Questions

No real offer given, just an assumption on their part that I'd just roll over and take a job with particulars (such as compensation) that I knew nothing about. This company is a complete joke and waste of time and gas. I have no clue how they got all those security awards (unless you can just pay for those endorsements).