U.S. Security Associates

Getting the Interview

11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Jacksonville, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at U.S. Security Associates in February 2014.

Interview Details – Had to drive an hour and a half away to go to the companys home office. I felt very unfortunate for this company to not be hiring locally. Most companies would set up a place to hire locally.

Interview Question – No unexpected or difficult questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Cant complain

Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Security Associates in October 2012.

Interview Details – Interview lasted 5 mins, when can you start, what is your availability?

Interview Question – There was nothing difficult about the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase.

Federal Way, WA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at U.S. Security Associates.

Interview Details – I don't really remember the process all that much except the day I submitted my resume, I was called into the office for an interview. It was one interview and it went well. I already had 10 years security behind me. I thought both Cheryl and Mike (Recruiter and Field Supervisor) were friendly and helpful as they placed me right away. Thought the office was a little cluttered and they never seem to have the right size uniforms in stock.

Interview Question – None. All the questions were routine and easy to answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There were no negotiation phase.

Security Officer

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at U.S. Security Associates.

Interview Details – make sure your driver lin and security lines is up to date, be available days and nights ,be willing to travel in your local area...you will get hired on the spot

Interview Question – say yes when they ask you do you have reliable transportation, if you say something like me and my wife share a car..then they wont hire you, so just say yes..leave it at that   Answer Question

Security Officer

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at U.S. Security Associates.

Interview Details – You can always apply online directly through the US Security website, chances are that they will not respond to it. They constantly have posting on craigslist that is the easiest way with this company also in person go to the local branch office and apply in person.
Once you apply they will froward your resume to a site lead, where they will interview you, or you will be interviewed by the branch and then they will ask you for some documents. They will run your background,DMV, and give you a drug test in the office. If you pass your in, they issue you uniforms and you'll get some sites to work almost instantly.

Interview Question – They do not ask you anything other than what is your experience. If you can manage to not sleep through out the interview that takes roughly 5 minutes then your in.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Basically let them know when your available, how far you are willing to travel, and what shifts you are looking for. Pay rate will vary according to the sites you are placed at.

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Security Associates.

Interview Details – The hiring process was simple. Send in your application online, then wait for a response and set up an interview.

The first part of the "interview" was filling out a ton of paperwork, including having your driver's license and social security card scanned. Then you sit around until you finally get to interview. Plan on spending 2 hours at the office due to paperwork and waiting.

The interview was a joke. The interviewer was shopping online and taking personal phone calls during the interview process. She created the most unprofessional interview I have ever had the displeasure of taking part in.

Next was the unpaid 8 hour training day to see if you even qualify to become a security officer with their company. The current employees who I saw coming into the office were extremely unprofessional, and had no business in a customer service position such as this.

Interview Question – What questions, she just shopped online and talked on the phone.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much of a negotiation, their pay is standardized.

Boston, MA

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at U.S. Security Associates in October 2010.

Interview Details – Do you have any security expierence ? And when can you start ? Us Security Associates is a good company to work if you start from the bottom you can work your way up to management. We are located in 39 states and the 4 th Largest security firm in the country.

Interview Question – How long do you plan on staying   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiatin doesn't matter if your a former FBI agent you'll start off at minimum wage.

Commerce, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at U.S. Security Associates.

Interview Details – No interview. It's basically when can you start?

Interview Question – How far are you willing to drive?   View Answer

Gaithersburg, MD

The process took a day - interviewed at U.S. Security Associates in February 2011.

Interview Details – It was straightforward. Not going to be much help here. They were planning on hiring me before I even interviewed. They said they wanted to up the quality of the SOs.

They pretty much said you are smart and articulate. You're hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – None

Security Officer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at U.S. Security Associates in August 2011.

Interview Details – I heard about this job from a current USSA employee, picked up an application, turned in the completed application and attached resume, and received a call for an interview within the week. Interview process was straight forward (tell me about yourself, explain xyz on your resume, do you have any experience with this, etc). I had previous experience in a related field, so I was not caught off guard with scenario questions. One note, this interview was completed at the security location, and not a USSA headquarters office. As long as you don't have background check issues, tats on your neck, act and dress fairly professionally and answer questions directly and succinctly, you should have no problems if my experience is any indication.

Interview Question – Describe to me one time where you were proud of your response to a stressful situation.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at U.S. Security Associates

Worked for U.S. Security Associates? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at U.S. Security Associates Security Officer interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by U.S. Security Associates employees and interview candidates.