U.S. Security Associates

Average Difficulty
15 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at U.S. Security Associates in June 2014.

Interview Details – Quick and easy, you get asked 2 questions on the phone interview. whats is your security experience and what other qualities do you have to contribute to being a officer. if hired you get a 8hr orientatation 2 days later and you have to pass a digital and drug test during orientation

Interview Question – None really
1. What is your security experience
2.what other qualities do you have to contribute to being a officer.
  Answer Question

Security Officer

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at U.S. Security Associates.

Interview Details – Interview was very easy and relaxed style a few questions then poof your done. The Hiring Process was so long you have to go to their home office which may be miles away for almost a week to complete the entire process to be able to start work.

Interview Question – Really didnt have one but generally its what is you best or worse trait   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Interviewed at U.S. Security Associates

Interview Details – Sign an application, take urine test, look at your background info...there really wasn't much interviewing. They just made sure you were sane. After the interview and uniform sizing they set you up on any site they have available.

Southfield, MI

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at U.S. Security Associates.

Interview Details – They wanted a resume, proof of diploma or GED, Social security card, drivers license, and performed a background check for a criminal record. There was an in person interview with someone in H.R.

After I was informed of intent to hire they had me go to a clinic for health check and drug screening. This part may vary depending on the site you're assigned to work.

Interview Question – Rather basic questions and much of it related to understanding previous experience in the field.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You may be able to negotiate depending on availability of positions. Each site pays different and offers slightly different options. You may get better pay or work options but have to travel farther.

Jacksonville, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at U.S. Security Associates in February 2014.

Interview Details – Had to drive an hour and a half away to go to the companys home office. I felt very unfortunate for this company to not be hiring locally. Most companies would set up a place to hire locally.

Interview Question – No unexpected or difficult questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Cant complain

Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Security Associates in October 2012.

Interview Details – Interview lasted 5 mins, when can you start, what is your availability?

Interview Question – There was nothing difficult about the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase.

Federal Way, WA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at U.S. Security Associates.

Interview Details – I don't really remember the process all that much except the day I submitted my resume, I was called into the office for an interview. It was one interview and it went well. I already had 10 years security behind me. I thought both Cheryl and Mike (Recruiter and Field Supervisor) were friendly and helpful as they placed me right away. Thought the office was a little cluttered and they never seem to have the right size uniforms in stock.

Interview Question – None. All the questions were routine and easy to answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There were no negotiation phase.

Security Officer

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at U.S. Security Associates.

Interview Details – make sure your driver lin and security lines is up to date, be available days and nights ,be willing to travel in your local area...you will get hired on the spot

Interview Question – say yes when they ask you do you have reliable transportation, if you say something like me and my wife share a car..then they wont hire you, so just say yes..leave it at that   Answer Question

Security Officer

Interview Details – You can always apply online directly through the US Security website, chances are that they will not respond to it. They constantly have posting on craigslist that is the easiest way with this company also in person go to the local branch office and apply in person.
Once you apply they will froward your resume to a site lead, where they will interview you, or you will be interviewed by the branch and then they will ask you for some documents. They will run your background,DMV, and give you a drug test in the office. If you pass your in, they issue you uniforms and you'll get some sites to work almost instantly.

Interview Question – They do not ask you anything other than what is your experience. If you can manage to not sleep through out the interview that takes roughly 5 minutes then your in.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Basically let them know when your available, how far you are willing to travel, and what shifts you are looking for. Pay rate will vary according to the sites you are placed at.

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Security Associates.

Interview Details – The hiring process was simple. Send in your application online, then wait for a response and set up an interview.

The first part of the "interview" was filling out a ton of paperwork, including having your driver's license and social security card scanned. Then you sit around until you finally get to interview. Plan on spending 2 hours at the office due to paperwork and waiting.

The interview was a joke. The interviewer was shopping online and taking personal phone calls during the interview process. She created the most unprofessional interview I have ever had the displeasure of taking part in.

Next was the unpaid 8 hour training day to see if you even qualify to become a security officer with their company. The current employees who I saw coming into the office were extremely unprofessional, and had no business in a customer service position such as this.

Interview Question – What questions, she just shopped online and talked on the phone.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much of a negotiation, their pay is standardized.

Interviews for Top Jobs at U.S. Security Associates

Worked for U.S. Security Associates? Contribute to the Community!