U.S. Security Associates

1.5

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Security Associates in September 2014.

Nothing just asked if I wanted to work they really just wanna make sure your alive and don't do drugs you pretty much need open availability for this job easiest interview

None

Other Interview Reviews for U.S. Security Associates

Security Officer Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at U.S. Security Associates.

Interview was very easy and relaxed style a few questions then poof your done. The Hiring Process was so long you have to go to their home office which may be miles away for almost a week to complete the entire process to be able to start work.

Interview Questions
    • Really didnt have one but generally its what is you best or worse trait   Answer Question
    none

Security Officer Interview

Sign an application, take urine test, look at your background info...there really wasn't much interviewing. They just made sure you were sane. After the interview and uniform sizing they set you up on any site they have available.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at U.S. Security Associates in June 2014.

Quick and easy, you get asked 2 questions on the phone interview. whats is your security experience and what other qualities do you have to contribute to being a officer. if hired you get a 8hr orientatation 2 days later and you have to pass a digital and drug test during orientation

Interview Questions
    • None really
      1. What is your security experience
      2.what other qualities do you have to contribute to being a officer.

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at U.S. Security Associates.

They wanted a resume, proof of diploma or GED, Social security card, drivers license, and performed a background check for a criminal record. There was an in person interview with someone in H.R.

After I was informed of intent to hire they had me go to a clinic for health check and drug screening. This part may vary depending on the site you're assigned to work.

Interview Questions
    • Rather basic questions and much of it related to understanding previous experience in the field.   Answer Question
    You may be able to negotiate depending on availability of positions. Each site pays different and offers slightly different options. You may get better pay or work options but have to travel farther.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at U.S. Security Associates in February 2014.

Had to drive an hour and a half away to go to the companys home office. I felt very unfortunate for this company to not be hiring locally. Most companies would set up a place to hire locally.

Cant complain

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Federal Way, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Federal Way, WA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at U.S. Security Associates.

I don't really remember the process all that much except the day I submitted my resume, I was called into the office for an interview. It was one interview and it went well. I already had 10 years security behind me. I thought both Cheryl and Mike (Recruiter and Field Supervisor) were friendly and helpful as they placed me right away. Thought the office was a little cluttered and they never seem to have the right size uniforms in stock.

Interview Questions
    • None. All the questions were routine and easy to answer.   Answer Question
    There were no negotiation phase.

Security Officer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at U.S. Security Associates.

make sure your driver lin and security lines is up to date, be available days and nights ,be willing to travel in your local area...you will get hired on the spot

Interview Questions
    • say yes when they ask you do you have reliable transportation, if you say something like me and my wife share a car..then they wont hire you, so just say yes..leave it at that   Answer Question

Security Officer Interview

You can always apply online directly through the US Security website, chances are that they will not respond to it. They constantly have posting on craigslist that is the easiest way with this company also in person go to the local branch office and apply in person.
    Once you apply they will froward your resume to a site lead, where they will interview you, or you will be interviewed by the branch and then they will ask you for some documents. They will run your background,DMV, and give you a drug test in the office. If you pass your in, they issue you uniforms and you'll get some sites to work almost instantly.

Interview Questions
    • They do not ask you anything other than what is your experience. If you can manage to not sleep through out the interview that takes roughly 5 minutes then your in.   Answer Question
    Basically let them know when your available, how far you are willing to travel, and what shifts you are looking for. Pay rate will vary according to the sites you are placed at.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Security Associates.

The hiring process was simple. Send in your application online, then wait for a response and set up an interview.

The first part of the "interview" was filling out a ton of paperwork, including having your driver's license and social security card scanned. Then you sit around until you finally get to interview. Plan on spending 2 hours at the office due to paperwork and waiting.

The interview was a joke. The interviewer was shopping online and taking personal phone calls during the interview process. She created the most unprofessional interview I have ever had the displeasure of taking part in.

Next was the unpaid 8 hour training day to see if you even qualify to become a security officer with their company. The current employees who I saw coming into the office were extremely unprofessional, and had no business in a customer service position such as this.

Interview Questions
    • What questions, she just shopped online and talked on the phone.   Answer Question
    Not much of a negotiation, their pay is standardized.