U S Synthetic Interview Questions

Updated Mar 30, 2015

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at U S Synthetic

Team Lead Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at U S Synthetic.

Interview

Sat down with two Supervisors. They had a sheet of paper with like 30 questions on it. They would write things down while I answered their questions. The interview lasted 30 minutes.

Student Engineer Interview

Interview

It took a while to get my foot in the door. I eventually received a tour of the place and was introduced to the Engineering Department manager. After checking back multiple times and submitting my resume to several individuals, I had 1 interview with the engineering group manager and a fellow full-time engineer. Best advice would be to have a reference internally. They seem to win out every time, and it worked for me.

Interview Questions

• In the interview I was asked to identify potential root causes of an on-going problem dealing with collets and justify my reasonings.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at U S Synthetic (Orem, UT) in March 2014.

Interview

Pleasant Interviewing process. The focus seemed to be making sure that you would be a good fit for the position rather than being grilled on specifics.

Interview Questions

• No specific questions per say, rather there were vague, open ended questions that they asked that seemed as if they were looking for specific, concise responses.   Answer Question

Student Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orem, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at U S Synthetic (Orem, UT) in June 2012.

Interview

I heard about the job position through a friend of mine who is in the Mechanical engineering program with me at Brigham Young University. They also post positions though their website and through the school's engineering department. I handed him a resume and he took it in and hand delivered it to my future boss as well as a recommendation. Latter I got a call for an interview and then a few weeks after that I got a call for a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a story about how you have worked on a detailed project; have used design principals; have worked as a teammate; as a leader; what was a great accomplishment in your life?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate higher, I was excited to get engineering experience as a job, not just an internship, before graduating.

Finish Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orem, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at U S Synthetic (Orem, UT) in June 2010.

Interview

Brother worked there and sent my referral in to HR, as well as a temp agency. Got a call for an interview and went in a few days later. The interview was relatively easy, and just had to answer a few questions. They contacted me again after a few more days and offered me the job. It was a huge pay increase from what I was currently making, so I accepted on the phone and then had to have a drug test. Started three weeks later.

Interview Questions

• I was not very technical minded, so some questions were a little tough. But it was entry level, so that wasn't that hard.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations, other than when you could start.