U.S. Trust

Relevance Date Difficulty

Trust Administrative Officer II Interview

Trust Administrative Officer II
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at U.S. Trust.

Interview Details – One preliminary 20 minute phone interview where you are asked about brief educational and work experience background questions. A second phone interview (about 30-45 mins) where the team lead asks you more specific work experience questions and tells you about the position duties and roles. A third in-person interview where you first meet with a panel of peers (about 5 peers) and then a panel of Directors (about 4 people) after.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions -- just asked how you are able to handle difficult customers and give an example of a time where you handled a difficult customer or had to deliver unfavorable news to a client.   Answer Question

GWIM Summer Analyst Interview

GWIM Summer Analyst
Providence, RI

I applied through college or university and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at U.S. Trust.

Interview Details – The people I met at US Trust were incredibly kind and helpful. I had an initial 60 minute on-campus recruiting interview where I met with two interviewers, and then moved on the the final round where I had 3 back-to-back interviews at the office. It was all behavioral questions––nothing too technical or difficult.

Interview Question – They were all "tell me about a time when......" type questions.   Answer Question

Client Sales & Service Officer Interview

Client Sales & Service Officer
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at U.S. Trust.

Interview Details – Phone interview. Then an in-person interview with three or more sales team members and management. You will be there for over two hours!

Interview Question – Basic questions regarding customer service experience, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation. accepted right away

Client Sales & Service Officer Interview

Client Sales & Service Officer

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at U.S. Trust.

Interview Details – Round 1: Phone call with HR. Round 2) Interview with Hiring Manager, Client Team member and Market Executive. Round 3) Meeting with Hiring Manager, and interview with Client Team (members not at round 2).

Interview Question – Do you have any questions? .. Success in this interview process for me was being knowledge about what US Trust does and asking many questions towards the ends of each interview.   Answer Question

Portfolio Management Associate Interview

Portfolio Management Associate
Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at U.S. Trust in January 2013.

Interview Details – 2 interviews. One phone, one in-person with a group and a one-on-one interview. No difficult questions.

Interview Question – The most difficult question I was asked was about the power holder in a trust.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at U.S. Trust.

Interview Details – College career advisor had a connection with the hiring manager at U.S. Trust who had an opportunity for a long-term temp. After 2 rounds of interviews with different, an offer was made for 6, 12, 18 or up to 24 months.

Interview Question – If you are not familiar with Private Wealth Management, be familiar with the nature of the business and the direct competitive landscape.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Temp is a temp. Although some get hired after the term is up, most don't.

Portfolio Manager Interview

Portfolio Manager
Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 months - interviewed at U.S. Trust in September 2009.

Interview Details – Vague process - HR is centralized through BofA in North Carolina. Had a phone screen then met with various folks in the office. Process took months, as HR was very disorganized and didn't get back to me promptly.

Very Easy Interview

Assistant Vice President Private Lending Mortgage Consultant Interview

Assistant Vice President Private Lending Mortgage Consultant
Hillsboro, OR

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at U.S. Trust in September 2009.

Interview Details – It was an easy interview. It's all about who you know.

Negotiation Details – There isn't negoating.

Trust Officer Interview

Trust Officer
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Trust in February 2013.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by two groups of managers. The first group emphasized the interaction with sometimes difficult beneficiaries and asked whether I can handle detail-oriented and how would I communicate with them. The second group of managers asked me more personal questions and work style.

Interview Question – How can you transform your previous mental role of an attorney to this position?   View Answer

Private Client Advisor Interview

Private Client Advisor
Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at U.S. Trust.

Interview Details – Recruiter called. Met with market exec and head of PMs. Talked to several other peyote who had worked there.

They did model out comp potential for an average deal. Looked good but base was low.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Reputation for changing comp plans. Accepted at other bank. High turnover of PCAs in market was too unnerving.

Interviews for Top Jobs at U.S. Trust

Worked for U.S. Trust? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at U.S. Trust interview questions and advice. All 31 interview reviews posted anonymously by U.S. Trust employees and interview candidates.