U.S. Trust Interview Questions

Updated Mar 5, 2015
Updated Mar 5, 2015

2.8

Sales and Service Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at U.S. Trust.

great, but longer than expected response time. It was as difficult as you would expect. Since it is a bank and under lots of regulation background checks were done via finger print.

Portfolio Manager Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at U.S. Trust in September 2014.

The interview was only two phases phone and then an in office interview. Meet with four different employees. One was the senior manager of the team, followed by the person I was replacing, the assistant and her PM.

Trust Administrative Officer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at U.S. Trust.

One preliminary 20 minute phone interview where you are asked about brief educational and work experience background questions. A second phone interview (about 30-45 mins) where the team lead asks you more specific work experience questions and tells you about the position duties and roles. A third in-person interview where you first meet with a panel of peers (about 5 peers) and then a panel of Directors (about 4 people) after.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions -- just asked how you are able to handle difficult customers and give an example of a time where you handled a difficult customer or had to deliver unfavorable news to a client.   Answer Question

Portfolio Manager II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at U.S. Trust in May 2014.

I saw the job posted and applied online. I got a call from HR the next day. Had several in-person interviews over the course of a week with the hiring manager his boss and the group I would be working with. Interviews also included a round of phone interviews with divisional managers in other locations. That was the hardest part to schedule but felt like just a rubber stamp. Quick to make a decision and extend an offer. Very smooth hiring process.

GWIM Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at U.S. Trust.

The people I met at US Trust were incredibly kind and helpful. I had an initial 60 minute on-campus recruiting interview where I met with two interviewers, and then moved on the the final round where I had 3 back-to-back interviews at the office. It was all behavioral questions––nothing too technical or difficult.

Interview Questions
    • They were all "tell me about a time when......" type questions.   Answer Question

Client Sales & Service Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at U.S. Trust.

Phone interview. Then an in-person interview with three or more sales team members and management. You will be there for over two hours!

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions regarding customer service experience, etc.   Answer Question
    no negotiation. accepted right away

Client Sales & Service Officer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at U.S. Trust.

Round 1: Phone call with HR. Round 2) Interview with Hiring Manager, Client Team member and Market Executive. Round 3) Meeting with Hiring Manager, and interview with Client Team (members not at round 2).

Interview Questions
    • Do you have any questions? .. Success in this interview process for me was being knowledge about what US Trust does and asking many questions towards the ends of each interview.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at U.S. Trust.

College career advisor had a connection with the hiring manager at U.S. Trust who had an opportunity for a long-term temp. After 2 rounds of interviews with different, an offer was made for 6, 12, 18 or up to 24 months.

Interview Questions
    • If you are not familiar with Private Wealth Management, be familiar with the nature of the business and the direct competitive landscape.   Answer Question
    Temp is a temp. Although some get hired after the term is up, most don't.

Private Client Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at U.S. Trust.

Recruiter called. Met with market exec and head of PMs. Talked to several other peyote who had worked there.

They did model out comp potential for an average deal. Looked good but base was low.

Interview Questions

Reputation for changing comp plans. Accepted at other bank. High turnover of PCAs in market was too unnerving.

Portfolio Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at U.S. Trust.

They want to get the input of the two other areas of the group (Trust Officers and Sales associates), therefore it will be a lengthy interview with many different participants.