U.S. Vision Interview Questions

Updated Aug 3, 2014
Updated Aug 3, 2014

2.0

Optech Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at U.S. Vision in April 2014.

Had to take a drug test, finger scanning for time punch. Had to do a math portion on job app. Store manager had to check with DM on hiring, company did back ground check.

None, but wage increase after 90 days

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Vision.

The entire process took about 2 weeks, from the day I applied to accepting the job offer. Since I was an experienced optician I was asked technical optical questions about fittings, sales and how I motivated staff talent.

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Waterford, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterford, MI

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at U.S. Vision in April 2014.

Applied online and was called in for interview. Interviewer felt my district management experience was not recent enough and was offered a store management position in Wisconson but declined as I am based in Michigan.

Optical Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Birmingham, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Vision in September 2011.

DM at the time of hire was nice and welcoming. Since I had experience she just ask how most companies I worked for ran. Ask how I could manager remakes.

Interview Questions
    Interesting. For 9 yrs experiences they offered 7.75. I declined then they called with 8.50 I declined again then 9 and I said no. 2 week later they offered me management and offered 16.00 plus bonuses and commission

Not Given Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at U.S. Vision.

Professional and timely interview. I took a tour of the plant. Fairly clean with some newer equipment. They workers seemed stressed and in need of motivation. I noticed many thing I would change to control the variation in the plant.

Optician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Northridge, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northridge, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at U.S. Vision.

Very quick. They usually need people if they are hiring and not just accepting applications. They do drug test.

starting wage "minimum".

Opticial Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bolingbrook, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bolingbrook, IL

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at U.S. Vision in June 2013.

one on one with the manger of this location it was informal and very casual.

Interview Questions
    • I had extensive experience in customer service and retail management I was more than qualified for this job   Answer Question
    No I was told that the District Manager had called various other vision care businesses and was told that no one was paying more than mininum wage therefore he would not offer more than minimum wage. I think he was beign dishonest.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Glendora, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendora, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at U.S. Vision in July 2011.

I applied for the job via CraigsList and received a phone call same day. 1:1 Interview was 3 days later. I felt it went well. I sent thank you, and email followup 2 weeks later. There was never any response or follow-up on their part.

Call Center Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Blackwood, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blackwood, NJ

The process took a day - interviewed at U.S. Vision in March 2010.

It was very easy to get to a level one interview. I was informed over the phone that the company conducts open interviews on a daily basis from 10:00AM until 2:00PM.
     There were several other candidates in the office when I arrived, and we were given a brief tour of the facilities.
     My first HR person was extremely personable, friendly, and seemed to really enjoy the company and their position within. I accepted a second interview on the spot. This person seemed only interested in getting me to commit to "the minimum salary I needed to survive", even after I declined as I wished to learn more about the job description, and the responsibilities that went along with it prior to being "locked in" to a salary range.
     My personal perception upon leaving was that the company is doing many good things (on site cafe, daycare, overtime) for their employees, but will probably only be offering minimum wage and will be constantly monitoring your every minute of work to ensure productivity.
     It's nothing unusual for manufacturing to work this way, and they did state that "overtime is a way of life", so I assume employees would have the opportunity to increase their salary by working it.

Interview Questions
    • What is the minimum salary you need to survive on.   View Answer

Optician Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at U.S. Vision in June 2010.

I actually had came in to put in an order of contact lenses, and the manager thought I was there applying for a position. As I was leaving I asked her if I could apply. She called me up shortly for an interview, and the next month I had a job. The interview was a basic interview describe yourself. What are your plans in life. I honestly believe it is your personality and how you end up representing yourself to others.

Interview Questions

Worked for U.S. Vision? Contribute to the Community!