U.S. Vision

Relevance Date Difficulty

District Manager Interview

District Manager
Waterford, MI

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at U.S. Vision in April 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and was called in for interview. Interviewer felt my district management experience was not recent enough and was offered a store management position in Wisconson but declined as I am based in Michigan.

Optical Manager Interview

Optical Manager
Birmingham, AL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Vision in September 2011.

Interview Details – DM at the time of hire was nice and welcoming. Since I had experience she just ask how most companies I worked for ran. Ask how I could manager remakes.

Interview Question – Do u have any tattoos   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Interesting. For 9 yrs experiences they offered 7.75. I declined then they called with 8.50 I declined again then 9 and I said no. 2 week later they offered me management and offered 16.00 plus bonuses and commission

Not Given Interview

Not Given

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at U.S. Vision.

Interview Details – Professional and timely interview. I took a tour of the plant. Fairly clean with some newer equipment. They workers seemed stressed and in need of motivation. I noticed many thing I would change to control the variation in the plant.

Interview Question – What salary were you making at last job   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Optician Interview

Optician
Northridge, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at U.S. Vision.

Interview Details – Very quick. They usually need people if they are hiring and not just accepting applications. They do drug test.

Interview Question – What would you do to satisfy customers?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – starting wage "minimum".

Opticial Technician Interview

Opticial Technician
Bolingbrook, IL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at U.S. Vision in June 2013.

Interview Details – one on one with the manger of this location it was informal and very casual.

Interview Question – I had extensive experience in customer service and retail management I was more than qualified for this job   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No I was told that the District Manager had called various other vision care businesses and was told that no one was paying more than mininum wage therefore he would not offer more than minimum wage. I think he was beign dishonest.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Human Resources Manager
Glendora, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at U.S. Vision in July 2011.

Interview Details – I applied for the job via CraigsList and received a phone call same day. 1:1 Interview was 3 days later. I felt it went well. I sent thank you, and email followup 2 weeks later. There was never any response or follow-up on their part.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Call Center Supervisor Interview

Call Center Supervisor
Blackwood, NJ

The process took a day - interviewed at U.S. Vision in March 2010.

Interview Details – It was very easy to get to a level one interview. I was informed over the phone that the company conducts open interviews on a daily basis from 10:00AM until 2:00PM.
 There were several other candidates in the office when I arrived, and we were given a brief tour of the facilities.
 My first HR person was extremely personable, friendly, and seemed to really enjoy the company and their position within. I accepted a second interview on the spot. This person seemed only interested in getting me to commit to "the minimum salary I needed to survive", even after I declined as I wished to learn more about the job description, and the responsibilities that went along with it prior to being "locked in" to a salary range.
 My personal perception upon leaving was that the company is doing many good things (on site cafe, daycare, overtime) for their employees, but will probably only be offering minimum wage and will be constantly monitoring your every minute of work to ensure productivity.
 It's nothing unusual for manufacturing to work this way, and they did state that "overtime is a way of life", so I assume employees would have the opportunity to increase their salary by working it.

Interview Question – What is the minimum salary you need to survive on.   View Answer

Optician Interview

Optician

The process took a day - interviewed at U.S. Vision in June 2010.

Interview Details – I actually had came in to put in an order of contact lenses, and the manager thought I was there applying for a position. As I was leaving I asked her if I could apply. She called me up shortly for an interview, and the next month I had a job. The interview was a basic interview describe yourself. What are your plans in life. I honestly believe it is your personality and how you end up representing yourself to others.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Op Tech Interview

Op Tech

I applied in-person and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Vision in September 2010.

Interview Details – I bought a pair of eyeglasses and as I was waiting to pick them up, I spoke with another customer and her husband who were also waiting to be seen and I sold them each a pair of eyeglasses by recommending styles and colors, etc.The manager asked me if I was looking for a job and at that time I was looking for a better job.She then handed me an application, I filled it out, took a drug test, interviewed again and when the pay was less than I was making at a non-profit, I declined the job. She then, a few days later offered more money and I accepted.The store manager was professional and personable and we had a great rapport. The store was impressive and I was impressed at the number of frames and the selection.I enjoy sales and working with the public. I would recommend that others be as commited in that area....it's not for everybody!

Interview Question – Do you have any experience selling eyewear?
Do you have any experience with perscriptions for eyewear?
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – Don't go in for less than you are currently making. I was able to negotiate an extra .50 per hour based on my record in sales. (I have 35 years experience in wholesale and retail sales)

Licensed Optician Interview

Licensed Optician

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at U.S. Vision in May 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring manager (District Manager) was great. He was very professional and made the process move along quickly. He also was honest and upfront and was able to answer all of my questions because he held the same position years ago before being promoted.

Interview Question – How would you handle an irate customer?   Answer Question

Worked for U.S. Vision? Contribute to the Community!