U.S. Xpress Computer Programmer Internship Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Computer Programmer Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chattanooga, TN
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at U.S. Xpress in June 2008.

I was given word that this company was hiring a new wave of paid interns for the computer programming field. I applied and was given an informal over the phone interview with the president of the company responsible for the internship. After that I was scheduled for a in person 1:1 interview which was basically just a "meet and greet". After I was given a panel interview with the Director of IT, the lead programmer, and the president again. The interview was basically drilling me to see what all I already knew, and to see if I was being honest on my application/resume. It wasn't too hard, but if i tried to B.S. my way through some of the questions they would call me on it, haha. After this interview I was called about 3 days later and told that I was one of the candidates they chose for the paid internship and talked pay over the phone.

Interview Questions
It wasn't really a "negotiation" but more of a "what did you make before?" They matched my previous employers pay rate and also paid for college.

Worked for U.S. Xpress? Contribute to the Community!