U.S. Xpress

Relevance Date Difficulty

Computer Programmer Internship Interview

Computer Programmer Internship
Chattanooga, TN

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at U.S. Xpress in June 2008.

Interview Details – I was given word that this company was hiring a new wave of paid interns for the computer programming field. I applied and was given an informal over the phone interview with the president of the company responsible for the internship. After that I was scheduled for a in person 1:1 interview which was basically just a "meet and greet". After I was given a panel interview with the Director of IT, the lead programmer, and the president again. The interview was basically drilling me to see what all I already knew, and to see if I was being honest on my application/resume. It wasn't too hard, but if i tried to B.S. my way through some of the questions they would call me on it, haha. After this interview I was called about 3 days later and told that I was one of the candidates they chose for the paid internship and talked pay over the phone.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – It wasn't really a "negotiation" but more of a "what did you make before?" They matched my previous employers pay rate and also paid for college.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at U.S. Xpress

Worked for U.S. Xpress? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at U.S. Xpress Computer Programmer Internship interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by U.S. Xpress employees and interview candidates.