UAMS Medical Center Interview Questions

Updated Apr 7, 2014

2.5

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at UAMS Medical Center.

When I applied for the position, I applied for three others in the same organization. I had one interview with the person who was supposed to be my superior and two other individuals. I was called back in less than two weeks and had a second interview with two others. My superior called and made the offer for employment and asked me to come in to sign the offer packet. The staff members were very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • It has been so long ago that I cannot recall a most difficult question.   Answer Question

Research/Clinical Program Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at UAMS Medical Center.

The interview/hiring process was very smooth; can't speak the same for the training, but it taught me a lot. This was my first job post college and I stated from 2005-2012.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was more of a dialogue and was not difficult at all. Very open and laid back.   Answer Question
    They will defiantly negotiate your salary, if you have the experience and they like you.

Director Sleep Disorders & Research Center/Research Associate Professor Interview

I was called by the Professor of Anatomy who had started doing sleep research and sleep tests, but was leaving the University. He called to see if I was interested in starting a sleep disorders and research center. I was an Assistant Professor of Neurology & Psychiatry at the time. I said would be interested. The Head of Pulmonary called and arranged an interview, with me and my family at UAMS. I accepted the position and established a 4 bedroom sleep disorders and research center, where I conducted 3 Federal grants and provided clinical evaluations of patients with sleep disorders. The Head of the department and other staff and employees were very friendly and provided excellent teaching, research and clinical programs.

Interview Questions
    • Of the interview the most difficult question was would you accept x salary.   View Answer
    The negotiating phase was cordial, understanding and took only a couple of weeks to finalize. Since they had much more of what I wanted, with the added benefits and move closer to relatives, etc., it was an offer that I could not refuse. I was very grateful to U. Miami School of Medicine however, since they got me started on my academic career and also supported my fledgling early efforts.

Educational Technologist Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at UAMS Medical Center.

I went through multiple interviews for the position that I was trying to get most recently. It was not a bad experience and the questions were as expected. It was a group interview and each person obviously had the same canned questions to ask interviewees.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

I applied in-person - interviewed at UAMS Medical Center.

I was hired through a personal invitation from the PI who new me from previous collaboration. No interview, but I had 3 months long visit to his lab before he offered a job.

No negotiations.

Project/Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

I applied online - interviewed at UAMS Medical Center in August 2013.

This was a very professional interview. The overall process was very positive the covered everything from size of office space, salary, benefits, conflict resolution, time management, specifics as to what the position consisted of.

Respiratory Care Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UAMS Medical Center in March 2009.

Interview: Comprehensive mixed with a bit of humor. Met with Manager, Assistant manager as well as area supervisors. Positive experience overall. Area was well lit and comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • Asked if I would consider a management position.   View Answer
    The hourly wage was inline with other area facilities

Biostatistician Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UAMS Medical Center in November 2012.

Three professors called me in this phone interview. They asked some basic behavior questions like why are you interested in this position. Some basic stats question such as if you have a binary response and a continuous predictor, what kind of regress it is. Quite simple overall.

Interview Questions
    • explaining some terms in layman. (p value, normal distribution. etc)   Answer Question

RN I Interview

I applied online - interviewed at UAMS Medical Center in November 2011.

I applied online , through the UAMS website in October. This is a good time to apply at a hospital because they are gearing up to hire for the new year however; there will be many additional applicants applying in December since nursing school classes graduate then so October is a good month to apply. HR set me up with the floor manager for an interview and I brought my CV with me to the interview. I was hired on the spot and completed my new employment physical/screening that same day. I started in Jan 2012

Interview Questions
    • "Give an example of a conflict you were involved with at the workplace and describe how you handled it"   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation, especially as a new grad nurse. There is hardly negotiations in the nursing realm since the hospitals have to basically stick to what they are budgeted for in hiring new people.

Science Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at UAMS Medical Center in January 2009.

to describe my work during my phd. my technical skills, my team work capabilities and scientific writing and presentation skills and analytical skills

Interview Questions

Worked for UAMS Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!