UAMS Medical Center Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2015

2.4

Medical Biller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UAMS Medical Center (Little Rock, AR).

Interview

Did not take nothing but a month.. You do not take a drug test. You do have to go to orientation with other departments. They do give one on one traning. To get the job make sure you have a job listed on your resume for the time they are asking for nothing the experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

When do I start

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at UAMS Medical Center.

Interview

The process was in three parts. The first was a one hour seminar detailing the prospective research project. The next was one on one interviews with the senior researchers in the department. Last was one on one interviews with junior researchers and clinicians in the department. There were a total of 10 individual interviews.

Interview Questions

• No truly difficult questions. The senior researchers were more interested in the project details.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, the salary and benefits are specified by the granting institution, the NIH in my case.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UAMS Medical Center (Little Rock, AR).

Interview

When I applied for the position, I applied for three others in the same organization. I had one interview with the person who was supposed to be my superior and two other individuals. I was called back in less than two weeks and had a second interview with two others. My superior called and made the offer for employment and asked me to come in to sign the offer packet. The staff members were very friendly.

Interview Questions

• It has been so long ago that I cannot recall a most difficult question.   Answer Question

Research/Clinical Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at UAMS Medical Center.

Interview

The interview/hiring process was very smooth; can't speak the same for the training, but it taught me a lot. This was my first job post college and I stated from 2005-2012.

Interview Questions

• The interview was more of a dialogue and was not difficult at all. Very open and laid back.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They will defiantly negotiate your salary, if you have the experience and they like you.

Interview

I was called by the Professor of Anatomy who had started doing sleep research and sleep tests, but was leaving the University. He called to see if I was interested in starting a sleep disorders and research center. I was an Assistant Professor of Neurology & Psychiatry at the time. I said would be interested. The Head of Pulmonary called and arranged an interview, with me and my family at UAMS. I accepted the position and established a 4 bedroom sleep disorders and research center, where I conducted 3 Federal grants and provided clinical evaluations of patients with sleep disorders. The Head of the department and other staff and employees were very friendly and provided excellent teaching, research and clinical programs.

Interview Questions

• Of the interview the most difficult question was would you accept x salary.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiating phase was cordial, understanding and took only a couple of weeks to finalize. Since they had much more of what I wanted, with the added benefits and move closer to relatives, etc., it was an offer that I could not refuse. I was very grateful to U. Miami School of Medicine however, since they got me started on my academic career and also supported my fledgling early efforts.

Educational Technologist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at UAMS Medical Center.

Interview

I went through multiple interviews for the position that I was trying to get most recently. It was not a bad experience and the questions were as expected. It was a group interview and each person obviously had the same canned questions to ask interviewees.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at UAMS Medical Center (Little Rock, AR).

Interview

I was hired through a personal invitation from the PI who new me from previous collaboration. No interview, but I had 3 months long visit to his lab before he offered a job.

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Project/Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UAMS Medical Center (Little Rock, AR) in August 2013.

Interview

This was a very professional interview. The overall process was very positive the covered everything from size of office space, salary, benefits, conflict resolution, time management, specifics as to what the position consisted of.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UAMS Medical Center (Little Rock, AR) in June 2013.

Interview

With the CSM (unit manager) and a night shift nurse. Sat in a conference room and answered questions. Took weeks to get an official acceptance because of paperwork issues.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Did not negotiate

Biostatistician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UAMS Medical Center in November 2012.

Interview

Three professors called me in this phone interview. They asked some basic behavior questions like why are you interested in this position. Some basic stats question such as if you have a binary response and a continuous predictor, what kind of regress it is. Quite simple overall.

Interview Questions

• explaining some terms in layman. (p value, normal distribution. etc)   Answer Question