UBM Tech

10 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Interview

Marketing

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at UBM Tech.

Interview Details – I applied and had HR contact me back asking for an interview. The process wasn't terrible but the knowledge of the company was pretty bad. HR didn't know much about my team/brand at all.

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at UBM Tech in March 2013.

Interview Details – Meet with the Director if Technology in person and went over the position. 30 minutes from start to finish.

Interview Question – Review a Drupal reviews modules and look for the bug. Also ways to improve it.   Answer Question

Inventory Analyst Interview

Inventory Analyst
Manhasset, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at UBM Tech in December 2012.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview with a recruiter from Florida and than she arranged for an in person interview. Meet with the General Manager followed by 3 employees. One was the manager of the group of the position I was interviewing for,followed by the employee of whom I'd be working with and the human resources person. After they said they were impressed with me multiple times it was made known that the position was "On Hold" and 3 months later I was still getting the run around but the position was approved and Id need to wait another week. The Manager and recruiter never got back to me after many attempts to make contact.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Manager Interview

Manager

Interviewed at UBM Tech

Interview Details – I submitted my resume and got a call from HR to set up an interview. I spent a half hour on the phone during the interview, at which time I was told they wanted to follow up with another phone interview with the manager. Then....I never heard from them again. They didn't return my emails or VMs. I guess they didn't want me, but still a one-line email saying so would have been the professional way of handling that.

Marketing Interview

Marketing
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at UBM Tech.

Interview Details – Be prepared for a long interview process. Usually begins with phone screen from a recruiter who works on behalf of company - this takes at least 30 minutes. If you pass this you will go through a series of interviews and for any level position expect to interview with a member of the executive management. They can also give you some homework exercises they will ask you to complete within 24 hours.
Be prepared to furnish multiple references as their reference system is quite extensive.

Interview Question – Make sure you are prepared to speak about your current work and process in explicit detail.
Be prepared with facts and figures.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation as they typically offer what you want to make sure you're happy.

Business Development Coordinator Interview

Business Development Coordinator
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at UBM Tech in February 2011.

Interview Details – The interview is laid back, but the process is drawn out and lengthy. There was no real structure when I was there. Asking you to use Checkster is painful and time consuming. (25 Business references + asking them to fill out a survey which takes more like 20 mins)

The "Hiring Consultant" was on vacation during the interview process.

Interview Question – They asked for salary up front and if I have any pending job offers?   View Answers (2)

Sales Support Interview

Sales Support
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UBM Tech in January 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was laid back but thorough and a bit tricky. A few trick questions were used, but mostly to engage conversation. The interviewer was particularly interested in why I had relocated to the Bay Area during a recession. He kept coming back to that and seemed skeptical. I found out later they asked for many applicants from the recruiter. I think they were looking for someone extremely polished for this position, although everyone I encountered was very friendly.

Interview Questions

Integrated Program Manager Interview

Integrated Program Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UBM Tech.

Interview Details – I was not particularly impressed with the offices. But they had gone through a recent renovation and were in the process of moving to a new location located by Penn Station. I meet with at least 5 people on 3 different occasions. A bit of a boondoggle but pleasant experience nonetheless.

Interview Question – All of the questions asked were relatively soft ball given my expertise in my field.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Sales Interview

Sales

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at UBM Tech in March 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was very smooth. The interviewer new my background and what he was looking for in a seasoned professional.

Interview Questions

Director of Sales Interview

Director of Sales

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at UBM Tech in January 2011.

Interview Details – Online application, answered questions about sales leadership & sales experience, one phone interview with recruiter, one phone interview with hiring manager, in person panel interview with employees the position would be leading and panel with peer group. Culture seems relaxed, fun, not a lot of structure or systems in place.

Interview Question – How do you feel about flex time?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for UBM Tech? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at UBM Tech interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by UBM Tech employees and interview candidates.