UBS Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2015

2.6

Analyst Interview

Interview

Phone interview and 3 rounds of interviews with other analysts and directors. It was quite the experience. Extremely rigorous format with what seemed like consecutive interviews for an entire work day. The final interviews were more about personality and ability to converse and interact with others in the work place.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult questions were involving the analysis of the financial statements. They expected you to be able to come up with a detailed analysis within minutes of seeing the data.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for UBS

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UBS.

Interview

Went through three rounds of interviews. HR was very friendly and accommodating. Hiring managers were not hard to talk to and easy going. Heard back within 2 days after the first interview. The second and third in person interview was further apart. Total time was about 2 months. Overall enjoyed the experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY).

Interview

I was referred by a close contact of the lead of the group. Overall it was one phone interview and one large group interview.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at UBS.

Interview

I went to a career fair and talked with the HR directly. She simply checked my resume and asked some detailed questions according to my resume. She asked me what company I was evaluating. And some other questions like what is current ratio. What does that mean?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY) in December 2012.

Interview

Applied through school, was contacted my a hiring manager about a few days after I applied. Went into the office for about a 30 minute interview. They got back to me a few hours later to offer me the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UBS (Stamford, CT) in December 2010.

Interview

Basic questions about overall market trends, 10 year bond yield, S&P, etc. The interviewer did not ask me any of the basic questions like why do you want to work here or tell me about yourself. It was very different from other interviews I had with other banks because my interviewer seemed more rushed and less interested than other people I spoke to at UBS and at other banks. Speaking with him wasn't fun for me... I usually really enjoy interviews.

Interview Questions

• If you had $10,000 to invest anywhere, where would you put it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at UBS (Stamford, CT) in September 2010.

Interview

It took a long time for the process

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation occurred

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY) in July 2010.

Interview

I went into the office and met with several employed individuals. I got the interview through networking and had an atypical interview/hiring experience as a result. However, the people who interviewed me were more laid-back and friendly than at other banks I had interviewed. Overall, it was a positive interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in investment banking?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They called me and I accepted the offer. They offered the standard package for all analysts there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UBS (Chicago, IL) in February 2010.

Interview

The process took a very long time. I did not expect to be interview for so long and wait do long for a response. I felt a little frustrated by the process. Heck, I was really frustrated by the process. I am not sure why it took so long. I was expecting a much quicker response. Oh well, maybe next time, but not this time

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at UBS.

Interview

It was engaging and I enjoyed what they had to offer in terms of job description and workload. The interview consisted of 2 people from the team, one team lead and team manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about your current job. What are the setbacks you faced?   Answer Question