UBS

Updated Feb 17, 2015
Updated Feb 17, 2015

2.5

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at UBS in February 2008.

The interview consisted of a panel of employees, while also the occasional 1-on-1's thoughout the day. I was able to speak with employees at all levels of the organization, and ask any questions I had. They wanted to know that I had researched the company well, and asked me some finance questions as well.

Other Interview Reviews for UBS

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UBS in February 2010.

The process took a very long time. I did not expect to be interview for so long and wait do long for a response. I felt a little frustrated by the process. Heck, I was really frustrated by the process. I am not sure why it took so long. I was expecting a much quicker response. Oh well, maybe next time, but not this time

Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at UBS in August 2010.

First level: Telephonic interview
    Second level: F2F

Interview Questions
    • Can rollback statements be used in triggers?   View Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at UBS in October 2010.

Applied online, got invitation to the interview. Day started with numerical reasoning test, which was easier than online, however the ammount of work was huge. Therefore, you have to work really quickly and accuratelly those 45 minutes. After that got 1:1 interview. It was really short one only half an hour, so it was basic competencies questions + a couple of technical questions. After a couple of days got rejected. After 3 more days taught coursemate how to to numerical reasoning as UBS asked her to return and redo the test and I quote the HR person in UBS "as she did not fail, just her points achieved were not high enough". Not surprisingly she did very well :). Strange system, favoritism at its best.

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at UBS in June 2011.

people were friendly, snuck a test on me, but it was fun if you like problem solving

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UBS in July 2013.

Had a conference call for about an hour with 2 future members of the team. Talked about me and them. They asked me question to test my knowledge and I asked them questions about what kind of job they are doing. Overall very friendly, but was a little problem with connection: I was in Russia, another person was in London and another person in Sydney (Australia).

Interview Questions
    • There wa a multitasking question that was a bit tricky.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation phase.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UBS in December 2012.

Applied through school, was contacted my a hiring manager about a few days after I applied. Went into the office for about a 30 minute interview. They got back to me a few hours later to offer me the position.

Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at UBS.

Went through three rounds of interviews. HR was very friendly and accommodating. Hiring managers were not hard to talk to and easy going. Heard back within 2 days after the first interview. The second and third in person interview was further apart. Total time was about 2 months. Overall enjoyed the experience.

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at UBS in April 2010.

Multiple interviewers, not particularly structured interview outside of this however. I believe they did not have a set timeline in mind for the role, but it was a strange interview without any behavioral questions or really any questions of all besides going over the role and my background with them asking for further info on a few points but not at all what I expected.

All the interviewers seemed like really good potential co-workers however, I just think this particular role was a bit unusual and therefore their knowledge in how they could fill it might be less than a typical UBS job interview- hence I thought it was easy in my overall impression, but that I was not particularly good at this easy interview.

Interview Questions
    • Types of potential risk in an asset portfolio, asking for more but not giving much assistance as to what type of more might be intended by the vaguely worded question.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT
    Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at UBS in December 2010.

Basic questions about overall market trends, 10 year bond yield, S&P, etc. The interviewer did not ask me any of the basic questions like why do you want to work here or tell me about yourself. It was very different from other interviews I had with other banks because my interviewer seemed more rushed and less interested than other people I spoke to at UBS and at other banks. Speaking with him wasn't fun for me... I usually really enjoy interviews.

Interview Questions
    • If you had $10,000 to invest anywhere, where would you put it?   View Answer