UBS

Updated Jul 18, 2014

Average Difficulty
15 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at UBS in February 2008.

Interview Details – The interview consisted of a panel of employees, while also the occasional 1-on-1's thoughout the day. I was able to speak with employees at all levels of the organization, and ask any questions I had. They wanted to know that I had researched the company well, and asked me some finance questions as well.

Interview Question – Why do you want to do investment banking?   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at UBS in February 2010.

Interview Details – The process took a very long time. I did not expect to be interview for so long and wait do long for a response. I felt a little frustrated by the process. Heck, I was really frustrated by the process. I am not sure why it took so long. I was expecting a much quicker response. Oh well, maybe next time, but not this time

Interview Question – Why UBS?   Answer Question

Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at UBS in August 2010.

Interview Details – First level: Telephonic interview
Second level: F2F

Interview Question – Can rollback statements be used in triggers?   View Answer

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at UBS in October 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online, got invitation to the interview. Day started with numerical reasoning test, which was easier than online, however the ammount of work was huge. Therefore, you have to work really quickly and accuratelly those 45 minutes. After that got 1:1 interview. It was really short one only half an hour, so it was basic competencies questions + a couple of technical questions. After a couple of days got rejected. After 3 more days taught coursemate how to to numerical reasoning as UBS asked her to return and redo the test and I quote the HR person in UBS "as she did not fail, just her points achieved were not high enough". Not surprisingly she did very well :). Strange system, favoritism at its best.

Interview Questions

Analyst

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at UBS in June 2011.

Interview Details – people were friendly, snuck a test on me, but it was fun if you like problem solving

Interview Question – Describe a difficult situation that you delt with   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UBS in July 2013.

Interview Details – Had a conference call for about an hour with 2 future members of the team. Talked about me and them. They asked me question to test my knowledge and I asked them questions about what kind of job they are doing. Overall very friendly, but was a little problem with connection: I was in Russia, another person was in London and another person in Sydney (Australia).

Interview Question – There wa a multitasking question that was a bit tricky.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase.

Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at UBS.

Interview Details – Went through three rounds of interviews. HR was very friendly and accommodating. Hiring managers were not hard to talk to and easy going. Heard back within 2 days after the first interview. The second and third in person interview was further apart. Total time was about 2 months. Overall enjoyed the experience.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for UBS?   Answer Question

Analyst

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at UBS in April 2010.

Interview Details – Multiple interviewers, not particularly structured interview outside of this however. I believe they did not have a set timeline in mind for the role, but it was a strange interview without any behavioral questions or really any questions of all besides going over the role and my background with them asking for further info on a few points but not at all what I expected.

All the interviewers seemed like really good potential co-workers however, I just think this particular role was a bit unusual and therefore their knowledge in how they could fill it might be less than a typical UBS job interview- hence I thought it was easy in my overall impression, but that I was not particularly good at this easy interview.

Interview Question – Types of potential risk in an asset portfolio, asking for more but not giving much assistance as to what type of more might be intended by the vaguely worded question.   Answer Question

Stamford, CT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at UBS in December 2010.

Interview Details – Basic questions about overall market trends, 10 year bond yield, S&P, etc. The interviewer did not ask me any of the basic questions like why do you want to work here or tell me about yourself. It was very different from other interviews I had with other banks because my interviewer seemed more rushed and less interested than other people I spoke to at UBS and at other banks. Speaking with him wasn't fun for me... I usually really enjoy interviews.

Interview Question – If you had $10,000 to invest anywhere, where would you put it?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at UBS in April 2010.

Interview Details – Generally 2 rounds of interviews happen.

Interview Question – What are the challenges that you have faced in your current role?, What are your core strengths and weakness?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – On compensation

Worked for UBS? Contribute to the Community!