UBS Associate Director Interview Questions

Updated Aug 7, 2015

3.1

Associate Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UBS in September 2014.

Interview

A long thorough interview process with multiple relevant people across the organization. First meeting will be with HR hiring manager to do initial screening. The next stage of interviewers will be with the line manager for the position and relevant peers. Last rounds will be with more senior leaders of the organization.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for UBS

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at UBS (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Long hiring process - took over 3 months for a decision

Interview Questions

• no unusual interview questions - although has to interview with 5+ people in a group type interview   Answer Question

Negotiation

HR contacted me to see if salary level was ok

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

Typical interview questions on past work experiences and qualifications. No curveballs for my given role. Be prepared to meet with several people throughout the day, including senior managers and managing directors. They will ask questions pertaining to the open position, so be prepared to discuss what type of transferable skills you may have. Most of all, they are just looking for a good fit.

Associate Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at UBS in September 2010.

Interview

HR was incredibly professional. When UBS is ready to hire, they will interview immediately and expect and answer immediately. The whole process was less than a week, but I know for others it can take months...until they need head count in the hiring area, then it is important to be in the right place.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what we do here? (The answer is hardly ever yes, but show that you did some homework)   Answer Question

Negotiation

I accepted what was offered which was what I requested in my application.

Anonymous Employee in Weehawken, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UBS (Weehawken, NJ) in July 2007.

Interview

Took to long to hear back - HR issue.

Negotiation

I let them know how much I wanted to be paid. They told me to have faith in UBS' bonus program. Need I say more after the financial industry collapse?

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UBS (Pune (India)) in July 2015.

Interview

Was directly called for a F2F interview with 2 people. They make you wait in the waiting lounge of the hotel where the interview is held. People who finished their interviews before you keep coming periodically to this lounge. So does the neatly dressed HR to let them know one after the ther that "the team would contact her/him later". On this particular day, almost all of them were made to go away. Needless to say it was a polite way of saying no.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell us about yourself. 2. Let's discuss last 3 of the projects you have worked on. 3. What was the architecture like? Draw the architecture layers (or just blocks) and specify the corresponding technologies used to implement them. Grilled completely on this question. 4. Some standard Java questions like "how does a HashMap work", "Java synchronization mechanisms including CyclicBarrier and CountdownLatch" 5. Last 4-5 minutes were kept for the candidate to ask questions. Total interview duration - 1 hour 15 minutes. Verdict - No offer   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Interview

Simple process, mainly behavioral rather than knowledge based

Associate Director Interview

Interview

Went through a referral. was contacted by hr directly and after an initial phone screen an inhouse interview was setup in valuations group with a manager and senior associate. The whole process was pretty smooth and lasted about three hours. Was lucky to be given an offer in a couple of days. Was able to move to the trading floor within a year of supporting a desk.

Associate Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UBS.

Interview

Lateral hire with 6 - 7 people within the team

Interview Questions

• Mostly technicals and experience based questions no surprises   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation but was able to pro rate the year end bonus

Associate Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at UBS in February 2009.

Interview

Applied via the known HR. There was phone screen initially which was light as expected. Then within 48 hours there was a schedule for another interview. The interview was on time with multiple round of technical interviews with different people. All in all everything went well and then there was a personality interview with the HR. Post that - Offer.

Interview Questions

• What is your best strength?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None.