UBS Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jul 8, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weehawken, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at UBS (Weehawken, NJ) in March 2013.

Interview

Campus hiring. First round: On campus interview conducted by MD. simple background question. Evaluation Center: 5 interview + group interview. Interview: technical question. algorithm, coding, data structure, database (SQL), creative questions. Group Interview: given 10MM, how to distribute into projects? Asked to rank projects and distribute capital to reach company goal.

Interview Questions

• Group Interview: given 10MM, how to distribute into projects? Asked to rank projects and distribute capital to reach company goal.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for UBS

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UBS (Stamford, CT) in February 2013.

Interview

1 round on campus and 1 super day with multiple interviews with middle management and senior managers. In the interview they ask general behavioral questions of situation based on projects you have worked on. Some technical questions / textual knowledge. Also one group case study to solve in a group of 6 while the interviewers see the interactions between the team. Takes approximately 6 hours of the day.

Interview Questions

• SDLC related questions and behavioral questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weehawken, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UBS (Weehawken, NJ) in March 2012.

Interview

I applied through our universities career serives and got a interview (on site ) shortly. This interview is not so hard, the interviewer asked some behaviour questions as well as some basic concept of finance and computer science in particular c++. Then I was invited to attend superday, it consists of 2 1:1 interview which is also focus on behaviour and a group discussion observed by interviewee. At the end, we have a lunch with the staff there and network with each other.

Interview Questions

• If you are not familiar the project you are given and you are the leader of the group what you will do?   Answer Question
    • If you missed a deadline what you will do   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (Stamford, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

one to one personal interview, which is held in the Penn Inn hotel in the University of Pennsylvania, the recruiter asked a bunch questions, including behavior and technical.

Interview Questions

• How will you deal with the situation that two of your customers has the different expectations of your product   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at UBS (Chicago, IL) in January 2011.

Interview

I interviewed with 8 people, all 1-1 interviews that lasted about 30 min. In general they just asked questions about my resume and tried to get an understanding of what i had previously done and if I would be a good "fit" for their department.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY) in June 2010.

Interview

Initial communications via e-mail, normal interview questions. Interview via phone became highly specific and over my known skill set to see how I would react to dealing with information that is beyond my experience. Interesting set of questions.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY) in August 2008.

Interview

The interview process was not too difficult. One-on-one interview with the manager on the floor. Mostly asked behavioral questions but did not get into much detail. Also asked questions regarding the current market place and what was going on in the industry. Pretty typical stuff really, nothing too difficult or challenging.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nothing was negotiated.

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

it took 4 weeks overall. involved 2 rounds of interview. one HR and one with the product owner.it took 4 weeks overall. involved 2 rounds of interview. one HR and one with the product owner.

Interview Questions

• explain the most satisfying solution provided to a business problem   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UBS (London, England (UK)) in January 2013.

Interview

What makes you interested in finance? What's happening in EM right now? I got given a sheet of paper and was told to draw some payoffs for options and their 1st and 2nd derivatives. I was asked about thoughts on Bankers and the media and ethics I was asked what I've done to prepare me for a finance career? I was asked to tell them about myself.

Interview Questions

• They asked me how I would react if a team member disliked me. What. Is happening in Europe now. What's put call parity. What are the Greeks and why sales.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UBS.

Interview

Had a 1-1 interview with a technical senior .Surprisilngly simple HR type questions and running down the resume.Then was called on-site for a 3 long interview sessions and a group discussion and a tour of the facility.