UBS Business Analyst Interview Questions

2.7

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Weehawken, NJ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weehawken, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at UBS in March 2013.

Campus hiring.
First round: On campus interview conducted by MD. simple background question.
Evaluation Center: 5 interview + group interview.
  Interview: technical question. algorithm, coding, data structure, database (SQL), creative questions.

Interview Questions
  • Group Interview: given 10MM, how to distribute into projects? Asked to rank projects and distribute capital to reach company goal.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for UBS

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Weehawken, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weehawken, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at UBS in March 2012.

I applied through our universities career serives and got a interview (on site ) shortly. This interview is not so hard, the interviewer asked some behaviour questions as well as some basic concept of finance and computer science in particular c++. Then I was invited to attend superday, it consists of 2 1:1 interview which is also focus on behaviour and a group discussion observed by interviewee. At the end, we have a lunch with the staff there and network with each other.

Interview Questions
    • If you are not familiar the project you are given and you are the leader of the group what you will do?   Answer Question
    • If you missed a deadline what you will do   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stamford, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UBS in February 2011.

one to one personal interview, which is held in the Penn Inn hotel in the University of Pennsylvania, the recruiter asked a bunch questions, including behavior and technical.

Interview Questions
    • How will you deal with the situation that two of your customers has the different expectations of your product   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 2 days - interviewed at UBS in January 2011.

I interviewed with 8 people, all 1-1 interviews that lasted about 30 min. In general they just asked questions about my resume and tried to get an understanding of what i had previously done and if I would be a good "fit" for their department.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at UBS in August 2008.

The interview process was not too difficult. One-on-one interview with the manager on the floor. Mostly asked behavioral questions but did not get into much detail. Also asked questions regarding the current market place and what was going on in the industry. Pretty typical stuff really, nothing too difficult or challenging.

Nothing was negotiated.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at UBS in January 2012.

The scheme is designed to develop individuals who can lead and manage our complex business units and functions, which play a crucial role in ensuring that we are able to capitalise on the strength of our investment capability. We are looking for individuals who are excited about delivering commercial success by applying a combination of analysis, strategic thinking, relationship management and leadership skills. This scheme will suit graduates who have a commercial mind-set and want to gain an in-depth understanding of how a dynamic business works in order to take up a future leadership role.

Interview Questions
    • The scheme typically lasts between 12 and 18 months and involves a series of three month placements in our business units. In each rotation, you will work closely with senior management and colleagues to expand your range of skills and competencies.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at UBS in January 2013.

What makes you interested in finance?
    What's happening in EM right now?
    I got given a sheet of paper and was told to draw some payoffs for options and their 1st and 2nd derivatives.
    I was asked about thoughts on Bankers and the media and ethics
    I was asked what I've done to prepare me for a finance career?
    I was asked to tell them about myself.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me how I would react if a team member disliked me. What. Is happening in Europe now. What's put call parity. What are the Greeks and why sales.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through other source. The process took 2 months - interviewed at UBS in March 2012.

Very professionally done. I had 2 formal interviews and one HR interview, and a short catch up with another Director

Interview Questions
    Was not able to negotiate at all

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at UBS.

Had a 1-1 interview with a technical senior .Surprisilngly simple HR type questions and running down the resume.Then was called on-site for a 3 long interview sessions and a group discussion and a tour of the facility.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UBS in December 2010.

3 interviews

Interview Questions

Worked for UBS? Contribute to the Community!