UBS Business Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

2.7

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Weehawken, NJ
Anonymous Employee in Weehawken, NJ

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at UBS in March 2013.

Campus hiring.
First round: On campus interview conducted by MD. simple background question.
Evaluation Center: 5 interview + group interview.
  Interview: technical question. algorithm, coding, data structure, database (SQL), creative questions.

Interview Questions
  • Group Interview: given 10MM, how to distribute into projects? Asked to rank projects and distribute capital to reach company goal.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for UBS

Business Analyst Interview

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at UBS in February 2008.

The whole process took about 3 - 4 weeks. I had a phone interview with the HR person. After that, I was called in for the first round pf interviews with about 3 different people. They asked in-depth questions about qualifications and work experience.

I was then called for the second round of interviews and these were with more senior level of management and questions were more about fit with the company culture, and my career goals, etc, more high level questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UBS in December 2010.

3 interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 months - interviewed at UBS in March 2012.

Very professionally done. I had 2 formal interviews and one HR interview, and a short catch up with another Director

Interview Questions
    Was not able to negotiate at all

Business Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at UBS in February 2011.

I attend first round interview on campus within group technology, my position is business analyst summer intern. the interview is director of currency trading for BA. questions are really simple. just one tech question about tell me what is currency trading, because i just did a paper on this topic. after three days, i got email for a super day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at UBS in January 2013.

What makes you interested in finance?
    What's happening in EM right now?
    I got given a sheet of paper and was told to draw some payoffs for options and their 1st and 2nd derivatives.
    I was asked about thoughts on Bankers and the media and ethics
    I was asked what I've done to prepare me for a finance career?
    I was asked to tell them about myself.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me how I would react if a team member disliked me. What. Is happening in Europe now. What's put call parity. What are the Greeks and why sales.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Weehawken, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Weehawken, NJ

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at UBS in March 2012.

I applied through our universities career serives and got a interview (on site ) shortly. This interview is not so hard, the interviewer asked some behaviour questions as well as some basic concept of finance and computer science in particular c++. Then I was invited to attend superday, it consists of 2 1:1 interview which is also focus on behaviour and a group discussion observed by interviewee. At the end, we have a lunch with the staff there and network with each other.

Interview Questions
    • If you are not familiar the project you are given and you are the leader of the group what you will do?   Answer Question
    • If you missed a deadline what you will do   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Stamford, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Stamford, NY

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UBS in February 2011.

one to one personal interview, which is held in the Penn Inn hotel in the University of Pennsylvania, the recruiter asked a bunch questions, including behavior and technical.

Interview Questions
    • How will you deal with the situation that two of your customers has the different expectations of your product   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

The process took 2 days - interviewed at UBS in January 2011.

I interviewed with 8 people, all 1-1 interviews that lasted about 30 min. In general they just asked questions about my resume and tried to get an understanding of what i had previously done and if I would be a good "fit" for their department.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at UBS in August 2008.

The interview process was not too difficult. One-on-one interview with the manager on the floor. Mostly asked behavioral questions but did not get into much detail. Also asked questions regarding the current market place and what was going on in the industry. Pretty typical stuff really, nothing too difficult or challenging.

Nothing was negotiated.

Worked for UBS? Contribute to the Community!