UBS

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Business Analyst

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at UBS in February 2008.

Interview Details – The whole process took about 3 - 4 weeks. I had a phone interview with the HR person. After that, I was called in for the first round pf interviews with about 3 different people. They asked in-depth questions about qualifications and work experience.

I was then called for the second round of interviews and these were with more senior level of management and questions were more about fit with the company culture, and my career goals, etc, more high level questions.

Interview Question – Walking me through your resume   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UBS in December 2010.

Interview Details – 3 interviews

Interview Question – what are the key things for a team to operate well   Answer Question

Weehawken, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at UBS in March 2013.

Interview Details – Campus hiring.
First round: On campus interview conducted by MD. simple background question.
Evaluation Center: 5 interview + group interview.
  Interview: technical question. algorithm, coding, data structure, database (SQL), creative questions.

Interview Question – Group Interview: given 10MM, how to distribute into projects? Asked to rank projects and distribute capital to reach company goal.   View Answer

London, England (UK)

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at UBS in March 2012.

Interview Details – Very professionally done. I had 2 formal interviews and one HR interview, and a short catch up with another Director

Interview Question – None.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was not able to negotiate at all

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at UBS in January 2013.

Interview Details – What makes you interested in finance?
What's happening in EM right now?
I got given a sheet of paper and was told to draw some payoffs for options and their 1st and 2nd derivatives.
I was asked about thoughts on Bankers and the media and ethics
I was asked what I've done to prepare me for a finance career?
I was asked to tell them about myself.

Interview Question – They asked me how I would react if a team member disliked me. What. Is happening in Europe now. What's put call parity. What are the Greeks and why sales.   Answer Question

Business Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at UBS in February 2011.

Interview Details – I attend first round interview on campus within group technology, my position is business analyst summer intern. the interview is director of currency trading for BA. questions are really simple. just one tech question about tell me what is currency trading, because i just did a paper on this topic. after three days, i got email for a super day.

Interview Question – tell me an example you show your initiative   Answer Question

Stamford, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UBS in February 2011.

Interview Details – one to one personal interview, which is held in the Penn Inn hotel in the University of Pennsylvania, the recruiter asked a bunch questions, including behavior and technical.

Interview Question – How will you deal with the situation that two of your customers has the different expectations of your product   Answer Question

Weehawken, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at UBS in March 2012.

Interview Details – I applied through our universities career serives and got a interview (on site ) shortly. This interview is not so hard, the interviewer asked some behaviour questions as well as some basic concept of finance and computer science in particular c++. Then I was invited to attend superday, it consists of 2 1:1 interview which is also focus on behaviour and a group discussion observed by interviewee. At the end, we have a lunch with the staff there and network with each other.

Interview Questions

• If you are not familiar the project you are given and you are the leader of the group what you will do?   Answer Question
  • If you missed a deadline what you will do   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at UBS in August 2008.

Interview Details – The interview process was not too difficult. One-on-one interview with the manager on the floor. Mostly asked behavioral questions but did not get into much detail. Also asked questions regarding the current market place and what was going on in the industry. Pretty typical stuff really, nothing too difficult or challenging.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Nothing was negotiated.

Chicago, IL

The process took 2 days - interviewed at UBS in January 2011.

Interview Details – I interviewed with 8 people, all 1-1 interviews that lasted about 30 min. In general they just asked questions about my resume and tried to get an understanding of what i had previously done and if I would be a good "fit" for their department.

Interview Question – Walk me through your resume   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at UBS

Worked for UBS? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at UBS Business Analyst interview questions and advice. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by UBS employees and interview candidates.