UBS

Updated Sep 16, 2014

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UBS in June 2013.

After completing initial phone interviews, I was brought into their office in Chicago. They bring you in to a conference room and leave you there for 20 mins, all pretty standard. Then six people come in and start bombarding with questions, anything from personal life to what I knew about fixed income and some of the exotic products traded at UBS. Interview was about 45 mins, recieved a call back about a week and a half later informing me they would be emailing me over a job offer shortly and congratulating me.

Interview Questions
I was able to negotiate, as I was given a range initially for pay and was told in the interview that I would be recieving the high end of the range if I was made an offer. The initial contract I was sent had the low end of the range, some back and forth with HR and I was able to successfully negotiate higher pay.

Other Interview Reviews for UBS

Data Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UBS in July 2013.

1.Phone interview - some questions like "why UBS","why this position" and about expectations (also salary).
    2. Excel test and interview with manager - Excel test was very easy and unsuprising, 30% of questions about VBA, interview with manager took about 45 minutes - many questions about experiance, education and soft skills

get better offer

Data Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UBS.

half day - meet with team and perhaps some senior managers.

Interview Questions
    • general questions but be prepared for zealous person about the role.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Zürich (Switzerland)
    Anonymous Employee in Zürich (Switzerland)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UBS in February 2012.

The first interview was in Zurich Altstetten. The HR lady was very nice and explained me everthing in detail. UBS in Zurich has very good social benefits (2. Säule).
    The second interview was with the business responsibles. I was sent an email prior to the meeting and had to prepare a presentation about some portfolio.
    After my presentation there were the usual questions. Everyone was very nice and open. I felt comfortable during the whole interview.
    The job would have included prepping various data (for sales and internal statistics and reports) with SAS.

Interview Questions
    • One question was: Why do you think your current employer would miss you and what did you contribute in your current job that has not been there before.   View Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kraków (Poland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kraków (Poland)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UBS in August 2010.

There were 3 levels of interview.

1st was general interview with HR. The questions were of kind "what difficult situation did you have, and how you managed it". It was mostly in Polish, but at one point I was asked to switch to English. Then I had to take Excel test, that consisted of 4 exercises - not easy at that time, but trivial with some experience with these particular functions.

Second interview took place few days later and was held by Line Manager and one of team members I applied to. Once again there were some general questions - "what would you do", "who would you like to become in the company", "what can you give to the company".

Third interview was with onshore client from Hong Kong and the questions were alike.

Interview Questions
    • You have lots of tasks to do, and somebody calls you with another request. He states his problem is of the highest priority, and if the problem is not solved somebody would lose his job. What would you do.   View Answers (2)
    I did not negotiate. In fact I demanded lower salary than I got. But I know there is a room for negotiation, especially if you have some experience and still have another job.