UBS Director Interview Questions

Updated May 23, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weehawken, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at UBS (Weehawken, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

Fairly easy interview process. Interviewed with three executive directors. One in person, one from London, and one from Switzerland.

UBS was very aggressive with interview process and offer was received three days after interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Be sure to stand firm when negotiating salary and bonus. Do not provide your current salary during the interview process.

Other Interview Reviews for UBS

Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at UBS.

Interview

Experienced hire interview. I thought everyone I met was really nice. They mostly asked me about my experience and tested on some light technical knowledge. I was very impressed with everyone I interviewed with.

It took some time to get back to me with a second round interview and decision.

Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at UBS.

Interview

5 Interviews, All by Video Conference. The interviews were organized by my recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Describe the parameter that you would look for to prove that the IT system you use is stable.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation was possible.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UBS (Stamford, CT) in July 2011.

Interview

My interview process was fairly standard. A friend referred me and put in a good word with HR. I had to complete an online profile. This was followed up with a phone screen and 4 in-person interviews. They were in need of someone fairly quickly, so hiring process was accelerated. Key would be to work your network. Without a recruiter or inside connection, it seems difficult to get in here.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about increasing the knowledge base of the group and create an environment for learning and knowledge sharing?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at UBS (London, England (UK)) in September 2010.

Interview

Process -
     A full day consisting of a test followed by several interviews and a personnel interview.
    Test & most of the interviews went very well, but 1 or 2 questions came up during the day that I couldn't answer and I was not made an offer.

Advice -
     1) Know *your* stuff. They will grill you in the general areas and you need to provide accurate answers.
     2) Know *their* stuff or be prepared to defend your boundaries. They will also expect you to be expert in the job you are applying for. Either make sure you have all the answers or, where that's not possible, do not be afraid to say that some areas will doubtless be new to you and you are not yet at their level in those areas.

Interview Questions

• Be conscious of the group you are entering and research their particular skills/priorities.   Answer Question