UBS

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Director

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at UBS.

Interview Details – 5 Interviews, All by Video Conference. The interviews were organized by my recruiter.

Interview Question – Describe the parameter that you would look for to prove that the IT system you use is stable.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation was possible.

Stamford, CT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at UBS in July 2011.

Interview Details – My interview process was fairly standard. A friend referred me and put in a good word with HR. I had to complete an online profile. This was followed up with a phone screen and 4 in-person interviews. They were in need of someone fairly quickly, so hiring process was accelerated. Key would be to work your network. Without a recruiter or inside connection, it seems difficult to get in here.

Interview Question – How would you go about increasing the knowledge base of the group and create an environment for learning and knowledge sharing?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at UBS in September 2010.

Interview Details – Process -
 A full day consisting of a test followed by several interviews and a personnel interview.
Test & most of the interviews went very well, but 1 or 2 questions came up during the day that I couldn't answer and I was not made an offer.

Advice -
 1) Know *your* stuff. They will grill you in the general areas and you need to provide accurate answers.
 2) Know *their* stuff or be prepared to defend your boundaries. They will also expect you to be expert in the job you are applying for. Either make sure you have all the answers or, where that's not possible, do not be afraid to say that some areas will doubtless be new to you and you are not yet at their level in those areas.

Interview Question – Be conscious of the group you are entering and research their particular skills/priorities.   Answer Question

Worked for UBS? Contribute to the Community!