UBS Financial Advisor Interview Questions

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at UBS in March 2014.

I attended an Open House by invitation from a recruiter after I applied online. It was a panel presentation by management in that department and current financial advisors. I found out it was a call center environment.

Interview Questions
  • Recruiter asked "Why UBS", also "Tell me about your background". These are common questions, but I didn't expect a telephone interview. She asked if we could "connect" in an email and I replied that would be fine. She said she would call at a certain time, and called 15 minutes late so I was not expected an interview. I had to take another call and the recruiter hung up. That was actually fine with me, because during the panel presentation, and even during the phone conversation, I'd decided I did not want to go back to a call center environment.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for UBS

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at UBS.

Online application, background check, simulated three hour working day.

Interview Questions
    • "I don't get it. Why are you here at this interview?"   View Answer
    Rigid corporate structure.

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at UBS.

I was first contacted by UBS after a refferal from a family friend after I had reached out earlier in the year. I was contacted and told to come into their New York office on Park Avenue and was assigned interviews with an advisor and with the branch manager. Questions included basic things such as why I wanted to be an advisor and what markets I would like to penetrate.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you able to fulfill the job at such a young age?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at UBS in November 2011.

I was required to make a phone call to my supervisor to make an appointment with him. On the day of interview, the interview between me and my supervisor was really well. It was turned out to be a personal conversation since we have the same background in science. People in the office are really nice because they show me everything in the office. I was so interested because of the high floor and glass office.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weehawken, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weehawken, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at UBS in November 2010.

Wanted details of my selling process and had to give two live demomstrations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at UBS in July 2009.

Have to be qualified for the job

There was no Negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UBS in January 2009.

6 interviews, i let them know up front that I had an 8 year old bankruptcy, I kept scoring well, interviewing well and then before interview #7 they declined to offer based on the bankruptcy starting pay 60k training.

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at UBS.

Called me because they liked my credentials in my resume and wanted to hear more about myself. The interview process started with a series of questions that specified my personality qualities and work-related qualities, also what I can bring to UBS.

Interview Questions
    • A difficult question that arose was when they asked about a specific problem that I overcame.   Answer Question

I received a better offer.

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UBS in January 2009.

Very professional, fairly easy interview process. There were two face to face meetings, the first with hr and the asst. manager, then the second with the manager of the office. The second also included a few hour work simulation of receiving "client calls" and dealing with rejection responses. This was fairly interesting and reasonable. I also had to submit a sample presentation prior to this. This entire process was web based and I received all the details and had plenty of time to write my responses.

Current company countered.