UBS

3.1

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at UBS in October 2013.

Through my network I was referred to the branch manager. I did my interview and was told that he wanted to hire me. I then took an assessment exam that was identical to Morgan Stanley's test. After that there was a business plan assessment (personal). I passed all exams and after a while an offer letter was produced.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to be a financial advisor personally? Is it the money? Do you like numbers? What is it?   View Answer
I had a verbal offer from Morgan Stanley so I knew what to expect. I also knew that I came into the bargaining position as an underdog due to lack of experience and education (my degrees are in other subjects). The branch manager stated the offer will be enough to where I will not need to worry about money again. He was right. I actually was shooting for under the amount he offered me based off analyzing my bargaining factors.

Other Interview Reviews for UBS

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UBS in September 2010.

I first spoke with a recruiter on the phone and after that went well I met with one of the VP's. The second interview went well, very informal.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UBS in August 2009.

I went through several face to face interviews. The second required a "public" presentation to several UBS employees. This was intended to simulate a public seminar, questions from the attendees made this a challenging event. The final hurdle was a test. It consisted of lots of math and problem questions. Very challenging and a tight time constraint.

Interview Questions
    • The interviews and presentation were pretty standard stuff, but the test was a monster. I'm not sure I was intended to finish. I started estimating when I realized of the time crunch and still left one question unanswered.   Answer Question
    Trainee position didn't allow much room, but I managed to get a five grand bump to the base.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at UBS in February 2009.

Interview process was fairly direct. Initially there was a one on one interview that mainly reviewed the compensation structure and what was to be expected from a sales goal perspective. The second interview took place over the phone with an HR director and confirmed my background and legal check.

Interview Questions
    • How do you plan on building a business within our company and why do you believe you will be successful at it?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at UBS in December 2008.

I really thought the interview couldn't have gone better until the interviewer asked at the very end, "what do your parents do for a living?" It just really threw me off and I started to get sidetracked, trying to figure out what implications the answer to my question might bring. Seeing as my family has a pretty humble background, I think it may have cost me the position.

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UBS in September 2008.

It begins with the submission of your application, I went through an employee referral so I don't know if this is done online, although I'm sure it is. The next step is you do a phone interview with a recruiter, they ask you basic questions, I had some industry experience already so my questions was mostly based on my knowledge of the industry. Once you pass that process you take two test at a UBS location. They are web based, and timed, one test is problem solving based, the other is more mathematical. The purpose is to determine if you have the capacity to pass the series 7. Once you pass the test you do another phone interview (same recruiter as before), behavior based questions, then they do a background check, drug test.

If you pass all that then they fly you and the other recruits to the market area HQ for two days of interviews. After that you find out if your in the program or not.

Interview Questions
    • Explain why you want to be in the financial services industry and what you think it means to be a financial adviser.   View Answer
    No negotiation took place, they recognized that I had some prior experience and some licenses. That put me a few steps a head. Plus, the package was fair. I liked to see they were willing to invest money in their new hires. Shows they want you to succeed and ultimately make it back for then.

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at UBS in January 2007.

The entire process was very organized and formal. I arrived at the hotel in the early evening and went straight to a formal dinner, where I was joined by 20 or so other candidates. The next morning was the start of an all day interviewing process. Each person was given a schedule which detailed exactly which interviewers they would be meeting with throughout the day. The questions were more about personality type and why you felt you would succeed in this industry. Overall was a good experience.

Interview Questions
    • How do you respond to multiple tasks? Give an example.   Answer Question