UBS Interview Questions in Hong Kong

Updated Jul 30, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UBS (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in January 2015.

Interview

1) Online Test: standard SHL test, not difficult; 2) Phone interview: standard questions, based on your past experience. They want to see your leadership and teamwork; 3) AC: 4 composites: a) retest: to verify your online test result; b) case presentation: SWOT analysis; c) individual interview: senior manager interview; 4) group exercise: discuss and propose a marketing plan.

Interview Questions

• Phone Interview: behaviour questions; AC: case presentation and asking questions based on your presentation   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Interview

The Hiring Process was extremely quick. I was referred to the hiring manager through an employment agency. After sending out my CV, I was asked to go in for an interview. I have only seen 2 people at UBS. I was offered a few days after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Surprisingly, no difficult questions were asked at all.   1 Answer

Senior C# Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at UBS (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in March 2014.

Interview

Completely Textbook Recite Interview. Looking for textbook memory guy rather than analysis. First got a 30 minutes over-the-phone question set by the ED level lead - Very Large Object Heap, how do you reallocate super long array objects back to heap, and the problem with VLOH - The fastest way of copying array in C# is memory copy (do you need to get this low level with C#? How do you know the CLR is not optimizing towards memory copy?) - How do you implement a ArrayList (actually it is an array with list implementation) and the problem with it (this is not generic in C# and is legacy for so many years already. I guess little candidate still know the super legacy ArrayList C#?) - List out new features for C# .NET 3.5, 4.0, 4.5. IF, you can pass all these questions over phone, you will be given a 1.5 hour on site face to face technical questions again with 2 VP team members. - Differences between ValueTypes and Reference Types, and give some examples - Precisely - Differences in "memory representation" in ValueTypes and References Types (They are referring to Heap and Stack, and it's incorrectly described as memory representation) - Where objects get allocated in memory (Heap and Stack) - What can you do with delegates but not events - Is delegate Reference Type or Value Type - What is EventHandler, EventArgs - List out Actions/Func difference with delegate, events - What is the major differences for function pointer in C++ and delegate in C# (I said inheritance / contravariance ....) But MSDN it says type safety. - Do you know what is the IL ("bytecode") being generated for Property in C# - What is the significance for Property in C# (Data Binding) - How do you pass by reference with primitive types (convoluted question that you need to use out as parameter like TryGet methods in Collections) GUI question set: - Can you map a field in WPF without using Property - Cross threads operation. BeginInvoke, ..... etc etc etc - The rest - just open the MSDN C# Programming Guide and CLR Spec and recite, please Tools Section - What tools do you use to help refactor, profile memory (Resharper, Redant, VS Premium Profiler, Performance Monitor,....) - How do you do unit testing, TDD, do you do test first or write the stuffs first, etc Experience Section - Did you experience some scenarios that your screen is freezing and how do you fix this To close out the interview, you need to recite this: - I am very interested in C# best practices from your experiences. Must be VERY C# specific (not to say those Unit testing, SDLC, ) You must be able to suggest some If you are still able to break through this You will be given another on site pair coding test. And the end the interviewer reiterates: Sorry, we just have too many best of the very best people in this industry, proclaiming he is the worst within the team.

Interview Questions

• The vacancy has been there for 1 year already. Hong Kong has 7 million population.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at UBS (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)).

Interview

It really depends. Some managers are more easy going. Mainly hiring manager and HR.

Interview Questions

• Nothing much technical. More about how to handle situation of your past experience.   Answer Question

Wealth Planninig Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at UBS (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in January 2014.

Interview

Email and text message are sent from UBS for setting up an interview, which in i guess most of us this is better than taking unexpected interviewer's calls during office hours. Interview lasts around 30 minutes. General questions like describe what your former job is like, and what do you expect from this position, are asked.

Interview Questions

• Fair questions are asked. Nothing much unexpected or difficult as anticipated.   Answer Question

UBS Operations Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at UBS (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in December 2013.

Interview

Applied online and received a request for Phone Interview. Interview lasted around 45 minutes and had a lot of the typical questions expected: Why UBS, Ops, Financial News, Where do you see yourself in 5 yrs, Strength/Weakness, Teamwork Qs; I don't think it's too hard to prepare for, just know the UBS culture & Ops well.

CREAS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at UBS (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)).

Interview

First round-Phone Interview- 3 way interview with two Directors, asked very general competency questions, not much technical stuff Second round- AC Standard Presentation for 15 mins & 10 mins Q&A on a case study Face to Face Interview Numerical Test-similar to online test but 20mins, 20 questions and they are not in order Overall very structured and friendly environment

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at UBS (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in November 2011.

Interview

I sent my resume and transcript and there is an interview with two department managers. They ask me about UBS, what do they do and what departments they have. They ask about my working experience. The whole process took 15 mins.

Client Advisor Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UBS (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in March 2008.

Interview

The interview process itself was short but I met with 5 people over the course of the interview including HR, two client advisors, deskhead and the regional head. They were all face-to-face meetings and largely behavioural in nature. The interview focused on the demonstration of specific skills such as communication skills, organizational skills, multi-tasking, and to a lesser degree, financial knowledge. Given that this was a junior role, I think the main purpose of having me met with so many individuals from the team was to determine fit. The last meeting with the deskhead was very casual. It was conducted in the common area (sounds odd I know) instead of a meeting room where people were walking by. I had a feeling he wanted to get a feel for how I carried myself in a casual setting.

Interview Questions

• Tell us something interesting about you that is not on your resume.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at UBS (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in March 2008.

Interview

Interview not well co-ordinated, interviewer did not know what s/he wanted, questions not well structured and some were remotely related to the role.

Interview Questions

• Would you feel comfortable working for a person with less experience than you?   2 Answers