UBS

Getting the Interview

50 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at UBS

Interview Details – Very informal interview process. I was interviewed by another intern at the company.

Interview Question – The most difficult questions were those about what my 5 year goal was. As an intern, I wasn't sure where my career would go.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Little to no negotiation.

Interviewed at UBS

Interview Details – The hiring process was fairly simple and quick.

Interview Question – Pretty standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at UBS.

Interview Details – One round of interviews for fit with Private Wealth Team.

Interview Question – biggest weakness   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation

Interviewed at UBS

Interview Details – Phone interview, 15 minutes, fit questions and where would you invest 1 million dollars

Interview Question – Most difficult decision taken lin the past year   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at UBS in May 2011.

Interview Details – Brief phone interview followed by filling out some forms and going in for a meeting which was them telling me the job description etc.

Weehawken, NJ

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at UBS in January 2013.

Interview Details – There were two rounds. I had mine both on the phone. First one was with junior person. Second round was with a more senior person.

Interview Question – What do you think wealth management is?   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at UBS in April 2009.

Interview Details – Very usual questions about my self, noting hard core. where I'm coming from my education and stuff like that. Noting unusual to say about it. I got the intern position through my school website applied and got emailed from my mentor to set up a interview. I was the first candidate and he got me right away for the position since its only a internship, a not paid internship so I guess they didn't boder about as much as regular employment, but also latter teh mentor admited he liked me as a candidate and didnt look for other students. However at the end after little bit over a year UBS couldn't hire me since recession and financial crisis occured

Interview Question – Since it was only an intern interview i didnt get any hard or unexpected questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations, not a paid internship

Interviewed at UBS

Interview Details – Connected through career services at my university. Got a call to come in for an interview. Vey basic interview just looking for a hard worker.

Interview Question – biggest weakness   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at UBS in January 2012.

Interview Details – I was referred by a friend who sent the hiring manager my resume. I was then called and asked to come in for an interview about 2-3 weeks later. I met with two employees/colleagues of the boss who was looking for an intern for about 15 minutes, and then the Sr. VP came in and all three interviewed me together.

Interview Question – There were no particularly difficult questions, mostly behavioral and about prior internships.
1. What are your biggest weaknesses?
2. Describe a time where you had to work in a team?
3. What were your experiences like at prior internships?
4. What has been your favorite and least favorite classes?
  Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at UBS in September 2012.

Interview Details – Had 2 interviews before being hired. The first interview lasted about 5 minutes, after which I felt thoroughly shaken. However they contacted me again a few weeks later, very much to my surprise, and asked me to come in again to interview with a specific team.

Interview Question – This is not the typical resume we receive, explain to me why you would make a good intern at UBS despite your untraditional background.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at UBS

Worked for UBS? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at UBS Intern interview questions and advice. All 50 interview reviews posted anonymously by UBS employees and interview candidates.