UBS

Updated Mar 5, 2014

Average Difficulty
50 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at UBS in September 2012.

Interview Details – Had 2 interviews before being hired. The first interview lasted about 5 minutes, after which I felt thoroughly shaken. However they contacted me again a few weeks later, very much to my surprise, and asked me to come in again to interview with a specific team.

Interview Question – This is not the typical resume we receive, explain to me why you would make a good intern at UBS despite your untraditional background.   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at UBS in January 2012.

Interview Details – I was referred by a friend who sent the hiring manager my resume. I was then called and asked to come in for an interview about 2-3 weeks later. I met with two employees/colleagues of the boss who was looking for an intern for about 15 minutes, and then the Sr. VP came in and all three interviewed me together.

Interview Question – There were no particularly difficult questions, mostly behavioral and about prior internships.
1. What are your biggest weaknesses?
2. Describe a time where you had to work in a team?
3. What were your experiences like at prior internships?
4. What has been your favorite and least favorite classes?
  Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at UBS in April 2009.

Interview Details – Very usual questions about my self, noting hard core. where I'm coming from my education and stuff like that. Noting unusual to say about it. I got the intern position through my school website applied and got emailed from my mentor to set up a interview. I was the first candidate and he got me right away for the position since its only a internship, a not paid internship so I guess they didn't boder about as much as regular employment, but also latter teh mentor admited he liked me as a candidate and didnt look for other students. However at the end after little bit over a year UBS couldn't hire me since recession and financial crisis occured

Interview Question – Since it was only an intern interview i didnt get any hard or unexpected questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations, not a paid internship

Weehawken, NJ

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at UBS in January 2013.

Interview Details – There were two rounds. I had mine both on the phone. First one was with junior person. Second round was with a more senior person.

Interview Question – What do you think wealth management is?   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at UBS in March 2009.

Interview Details – The phone interview was 30 minutes and conversational. Then a day later, I found out that I made it to the final rounds which was super day at the headquarters. At the headquarters, I was among 13 other students (of the 2nd portion of the interviews-- there were two day slots). I met with several of the top level executives and most was a fit interview

Interview Question – What books do you read?   Answer Question

Intern

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UBS in January 2008.

Interview Details – The process was pretty straight forward. I intially applied through my University career services. At that point I received an email that they wanted to interview me over the phone. Was not hard at all, mainly behavioral with some brain teasers thrown in. About a week later a received notice that i had madde it to the second round and went into the office for a super day. This round was a little more technical but still had more fit questions than I expected. A couple days after that they let me know I had an offfer.

Interview Question – If we were playing Russian roulette and had one bullet, I randomly spun the chamber and fired but nothing was fired, would you rather fire the gun agian or respin the chamber and then fire on your turn   View Answers (16)

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at UBS in December 2009.

Interview Details – They initially contacted me via phone to set up the interview time and date. When I arrived I met directly with the person that was interviewing who was the VP for Wealth Management. The main part of the interview was a skills test. It consisted of rearranging a list of names into alphabetical order, mathematical operations for different problems, mainly arithmetic and then preparing a letter to a company soliciting funds/donations for a cause you are interested in. The interviewer was very nice and after the skills test that was when he spoke to you one-on-one.

Interview Question – What is your best attribute?   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at UBS in June 2010.

Interview Details – A CFP emailed me right away. He asked what was I looking for in an internship and what I do at my current job.

Interview Questions

New York, NY

The process took 1 week - interviewed at UBS in August 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process was very straigh forward. I applied using my colleges career services website. I was contacted by a UBS employee days later via email. We schedule an interview that worked well for both of us. The interview went fine. The questions were basic interview questions, i.e. tell me about your job experience.

Interview Question – Name two companies you respect, and why   Answer Question

Stamford, CT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at UBS in March 2009.

Interview Details – Heard about internship through local connections. I interviewed with a financial advisor first. I was asked what I want to do, what I am interested in, the classes I am taking. Easy questions. THen I interviewed with the Branch Manager which was also an "informal" interview process. I was asked what I want to get out of my internship at UBS. Then had to do a background and drug test, fingerprinting.

Interview Questions

Worked for UBS? Contribute to the Community!