UBS Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at UBS (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was longer than I was expecting. I did not think that it would take over 3 months to complete a background check. The interview itself was difficult, but the rest of the process was rather painless. There was no drug test or any other type of testing required for this job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for UBS

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Panamá (Panama)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UBS (Panamá (Panama)) in June 2014.

Interview

It is a straightforward interview with some knowledge questions on the company such as stock price or RoA of the company. Additionally, it has a high focus on yourself and on the typical personal questions such as describing your strengths etc. It is done in person and it has more the feel of a get to know you than an actual interview

Interview Questions

• Describe a moment in which you had difficulty and how did you overcome it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at UBS (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied through my school and received a phone call the next day. There was a phone interview and then 2 rounds of in person interviews. Very casual first interview and the next was a little more intense and skill based type of questions.

Interview Questions

• What was one of your greatest challenges, and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at UBS.

Interview

After completing the online application I was invited to a telephone interview with HR. This included such as why UBS, the financial crisis, how I would invest £1m etc. I was then invited to an assessment centre. This consisted of a presentation on a case study (SWOT analysis), a competency interview, a technical interview and group exercise.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UBS (Washington, DC) in May 2013.

Interview

The interview was very personal. As all interview goes, the questions depend largely on the personality of the interviewer and what they are looking for. Don't hesitate to ask questions and know exactly why you want to go into this field before going for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be our intern?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UBS (London, England (UK)) in October 2014.

Interview

Typical investment banking process, exactly the same as every bank I would say. First interview with someone from the Human Resource division, then after a few days I proceeded to the next round where I had an interview with an investment banker. Asked questions about myself, past experiences, valuation methods, deals M&As etc, market outlook, and then I asked some questions.

Interview Questions

• Discuss about a deal which you believe will happen in the future   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at UBS.

Interview

Had a direct interview with the financial advisor. She made the position clear. I was a little disappointed that the financial advisor was looking for a somewhat marketing intern. She pretty much asked me behavioral questions.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at UBS.

Interview

Assessment Centre 1) Technical Thinking Exercise (Individual) - think individually then present to interviewer 2) Numerical Exercise (Individual) - 20 min 3) Group Discussion Exercise - 15 min thinking - 20 min group exercise 4) Competency Interview (Individual) - 40 min ~ interview

Interview Questions

• What is a current business news that caught your attention?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at UBS.

Interview

It started with a standard application for Summer 2013. I was then invited to take a Phone interview with HR then an Assessment Centre. The phone call was bog standard competencies as well as some UBS based questions. The AC had a presentation based on information, a group assessment & an interview. The process was really friendly and the questions certainly weren't too taxing. It's a shame I messed up the group exercise by not inputting.

Interview Questions

• Can you give an example of a product/service we provide?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at UBS in January 2014.

Interview

interview very casual. just had a conversation with the manager about my background and why I was interested in what I'm doing. Discussed hobbies and sports. like a said, extremely behavioral.

Negotiation

none existent