UBS

Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at UBS in June 2012.

Interview Details – Make sure you are well prepared for the interview and know your resume top to bottom, It is a straight forward interview with someone on the team you are going for. Make sure you also are prepared to be in a serious environment and are looking to gain expereince from Financial Advisors, Managers

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness   Answer Question

Senior Wealth Strategy Associate Interview

Senior Wealth Strategy Associate

I applied through college or university and interviewed at UBS.

Interview Details – Mostly driven by individual teams. I was recruited through my university. Members of the team flew out and interviewed me on campus and then flew me out to LA for a final round.

Interview Question – mostly behavioral and some market based questions   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UBS in April 2012.

Interview Details – Applied through university career services. Was put in touch with a client service representative who conducted a single phone interview. Interview consisted of a few fit questions - mainly why I was interested in the position, and what about my post experiences made me a good candidate for the position.

Interview Question – Pitch me a stock..   Answer Question

Network Associate Interview

Network Associate

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at UBS.

Interview Details – Tiered interview process. Depending on the department you are in, 1) The first interview is personality based, 2) the second interview is technical 3) The third interview is background, drug testing, etc.

Interview Question – How you can improve the department   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer, take it or leave it.

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at UBS.

Interview Details – I received an an interview through a referral at my college I am studying at. The first interview I had with UBS was just a phone screening. The second interview I had with UBS asked about what my goals were for my career in finance and why I wanted to be with Wealth Management at UBS.

Interview Question – n/a   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The process took very long, I accepted the offer in early May and didn't start working until mid June.

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and interviewed at UBS.

Interview Details – Initially, they contacted me via phone after I submitted a resume through my school's career center. They have you come to their office, and for the most part it was your run of the mill interview questions. They then had me speak with a guy who had graduated recently from my school, he had similar questions for me. From their discussions with me, it was obvious that they were proud of their AUM, but I didn't get the sense that their clients were a priority. The office was beautiful with polite staff.

Interview Question – What differentiated this position (wealth management) from one in other financial services, like investment banking or consulting?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I wanted to intern with a group that cared about their clients, not just their money. This may sound counterintuitive for wealth management, but my internship now has shown me that those firms exist.

Strategist Interview

Strategist
New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at UBS in September 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring process is notoriously slow and a very frustrating process. So be prepared! You will have to go thru many interview rounds and meet many individuals, including those that are not well-prepared to interview ... and not so interested in being there.

Client Service Associate Interview

Client Service Associate
Irvine, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at UBS in December 2013.

Interview Details – There was hardly an interview process--I was recruited as an intern, then switched over to a full-time staff position.

The whole interview/hiring process took roughly a month and a half. The company moves at a glacial pace and doesn't care if you have impending deadlines (i.e., schools pressuring you to get authorization and proof of internship for class credit).

The questions they asked didn't really pertain to the job--I mostly ended up running the mail, grabbing morning coffee, making copies of meeting presentations. It was all very non-educational but at least I got paid $10/hr.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Difficult.

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Weehawken, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at UBS in March 2013.

Interview Details – Campus hiring.
First round: On campus interview conducted by MD. simple background question.
Evaluation Center: 5 interview + group interview.
  Interview: technical question. algorithm, coding, data structure, database (SQL), creative questions.

Interview Question – Group Interview: given 10MM, how to distribute into projects? Asked to rank projects and distribute capital to reach company goal.   View Answer

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at UBS.

Interview Details – Went through three rounds of interviews. HR was very friendly and accommodating. Hiring managers were not hard to talk to and easy going. Heard back within 2 days after the first interview. The second and third in person interview was further apart. Total time was about 2 months. Overall enjoyed the experience.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for UBS?   Answer Question

Worked for UBS? Contribute to the Community!