UBS

Updated Dec 16, 2014
Updated Dec 16, 2014

2.9

Graduate Trainee Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UBS.

Very nice people and comfortable conversations. Highly approachable and encouraging. Went through 5 rounds of interviews, no technical questions but they really want to make sure they you can fit well in the team and do contribute to the work.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you choose UBS?
      Why this position?
      What is your strength and weakness?

Answer Question
    Took the offer right away. The compensation is quite nice and there is nothing to negotiate about.

Sales and Trading Interview

focus more on market than other firms
    everyone at the firm is focused because of the recent downsizing/ However, they are a good group of people trying to do the most they can.

Investment Management Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UBS.

the usual recruiting scheme. first the phone interview and then went to the office for the back to back interviews. the interview was not difficult and a mix of tech and behavior questions.

Interview Questions
    • the interview was quite technical and team based. knowing the market would be a plus but running through the resume with a sound story would be a must.   Answer Question

Corp Cash Management Group Interview

I had one in-office interview with three different people. The questions were very straightforward and simple. I was asked about my work history and what I knew about the company. Each individual I talked to seemed interested in the conversation they were all easy to converse with. Overall, the process was quite simple and quick.

UBS Wealth Management Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at UBS.

The interview did not take very long and it was very easy and straight forward. Very unstructured and really just wants to see how one would be at cold calling and client relations. It depends on the team that you interview with as all teams are different.

Firm

Branch Examiner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UBS.

After applying for the position, I received an email to set up a phone interview. My phone interview was conducted by a member of the company's New Jersey office and consisted of general interview questions, starting out with "tell me about yourself". This interview lasted about 25 minutes. About a week after the phone interview, I received another email to schedule an in-person interview. This interview focused more on interpersonal and teamwork skills and called for recalling a specific situation that utilized each skill discussed (or how I reacted in the past to certain situations). This interview lasted about half an hour, about ten minutes of which consisted of the interviewer answering my questions about the position.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question I had to answer was why I was applying for this job instead of traditional legal jobs and whether I was comfortable with sticking with this route while giving up the opportunity to pursue the traditional litigation route.   Answer Question

Group Technology Interview

The interview process was very enjoyable. There were no curveball questions, mostly behavioral and getting to know me. They just wanted to see if I'd be a good fit at the company based on personality and obvious work ethic.

No negotiation

UBS Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Interview was very informal, not technical at all. Conversation was very laid back, they explained the job and went over when they would need me to work. Ended up getting the job and have learned alot

Interview Questions
    • How well do you work in teams? was also asked to go into detail about my prior work experience   Answer Question

PWM Interview

Got in touch with a few people working at firm, lucky to have my resume passed up to the Branch Director within a few days. Phone interview was easy and two days later was offered

Group Technology Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at UBS.

First Interview was a typical on campus interview. Lots of behavioral and fit type questions to see how one would interact if given a position within the company. Second interview was a superday at UBS. The only technical questions that were asked dealt with the technology used in previous work experience.