UBS Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015

2.9

Wealth Management Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UBS.

Interview

Started off with a phone interview. Mostly behavioral and the basic phone interview questions. Asked about school, major, background, experience, etc. Pretty easy phone interview. Next I was invited into the office for an in-person interview. Met with the senior vice president of the specific office I was applying for and the client service associate. Was asked some technical questions regarding wealth management and my overall finance background. Overall the interview process was pretty easy.

Interview Questions

• Why wealth management? Do you invest? What do you think of today's market? What is your opinion on ____ stock?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at UBS.

Interview

I worked hard to get the interview because the company is so widely recognized. Initially, I was supposed to go in for an in person interview but the team could not schedule a date that worked with both of us so I turned to a phone interview. The phone call led to an in person interview. I talked to an employee for about 20 minutes. The person I talked to on the phone did not even take the time to talk to me after he was the person that invited me to come in in the first place.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a work load with various deadlines?   1 Answer

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at UBS (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

Good experience. I applied online and was contacted via phone from their HR department and was able to schedule an interview the next week. I met with about 6-7 people in a span of a few hours and had a positive overall experience. Everyone was very straight forward and did not beat around the bush in terms of the corporate culture and what is expected of you in that role.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle high stress environments?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UBS.

Interview

After I submitted the application, I was asked to do a survey. Survey asked why I wanted the role, what I'd bring to the question, locations I preferred, etc. Then, had a follow-up call with an executive director and was later brought in to Superday. It's been more than 3 weeks and I haven't heard a word. Clearly, I didn't get it, but closing the loop would be nice.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to change careers and go into financial services?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Interview

The interview was about 30 minutes long. The questions that we asked were mainly about the resume and the skills (particularly Excel). There were no unexpected/difficult questions. Overall the experience and the impression of the management/company was positive. One has to be prepared to answer standard questions and know Excel really well.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at UBS (New York, NY).

Interview

2 rounds in total First round on campus, interviews with 2 people 1-1, both associates, 30min each, no technical questions Second round at headquarter, also 2 interviews, with Executive Directors, fit question HR organized dinner before 2nd round interviews

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume; what's your strength and weakness; standard interview questions   Answer Question

Fund Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at UBS (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Walked into office, met with 2 people, lasted 1.5 hours. Asked about experience, strengths, what value you bring to the company. The first person I interviewed was the hiring manager and we basically walked through my resume and chatted about the company. He asked about how well I work with others and the overall quality of my work. The second person was the supervisor and we just had a casual conversation. They want to get a sense that you're a good fit for the role and if you will fit in withthem.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at UBS (Nashville, TN) in May 2015.

Interview

Contacted by HR by applying for another job, HR is really helpful by setting up the interview time. Talked to two of their associate manager by the phone, they are really nice and easy to work with.

Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Weehawken, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at UBS (Weehawken, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview, itself, took approximately 10 minutes. The interview questions were very standard. It was a 2 on 1 interview process. It consisted of the hiring manager along with the HR representative.

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UBS (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Horrible. Came in for what was supposed to be a second round interview to the Philadephia office, and I sat in the lobby for about 15 minutes. Eventually, met with both financial advisers and they asked about two questions each before saying they had seen enough and sent me on my way. Probably talked to me about five minutes total and to be honest was an absolute joke of a process. Would not even bother applying.