UBS

Updated Jan 21, 2015
Updated Jan 21, 2015

2.9

Senior Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UBS.

very lengthy process, it took 2 months, first with HR, ask typical HR questions, then serveral phone interviews for java questions, then onsite interview one on one, and with a group of people.

Interview Questions
    did not negotiate, I wish I did, everyone is associate director, if you don't ask, you don't get it. very micro management company, does not like it.

UBS Wealth Management Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at UBS.

Met with the Senior Advisors and they asked me about my professional experience as well as what I knew about Wealth Management. They were more interested in me being passionate about helping them than my experience.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me what makes me different from all of the other candidates.   Answer Question

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at UBS.

Applied through online and had a phone interview before being invited to AC. Had to take one numercial test (paper, 20 questions in 20 min). Also had a case study (30 minutes to prepare). Had just one interview all the questions were behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were behavioral so guess the most difficult question was what are the recent trends in the market?   Answer Question

Sales & Trading Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UBS in January 2015.

Recruiter and traders came to campus first for an info session. Invited a select few to dinner that night. Then came to campus a few weeks later and selected students to have informational interviews (which were sort of first round interviews). They selected a few from that pool to ask to dinner that night. Then a month later in January they did a phone interview and three on campus interviews and gave an offer that night.

Interview Questions
    • In response to my stock pitch asked which large institutional investors held the stock.
      Square root of 3?
      What will happen when interest rates increase?
      I have a cake, I want eight equal sized pieces and you can only slice three times, how do you slice?

Answer Question
    3 Week decision period no negotiation

Sales & Trading Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UBS.

Phone interview with MD (few questions on markets and some brainteasers) followed by super day (five interviews and a desk shadow). Overall, the process took about two and a half weeks. Not too bad at all.

Interview Questions
    • Some tough brainteasers and stat questions, wasn't grilled on markets   View Answer

Graduate Trainee Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UBS.

Very nice people and comfortable conversations. Highly approachable and encouraging. Went through 5 rounds of interviews, no technical questions but they really want to make sure they you can fit well in the team and do contribute to the work.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you choose UBS?
      Why this position?
      What is your strength and weakness?

Answer Question
    Took the offer right away. The compensation is quite nice and there is nothing to negotiate about.

Sales and Trading Interview

focus more on market than other firms
    everyone at the firm is focused because of the recent downsizing/ However, they are a good group of people trying to do the most they can.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at UBS in December 2014.

There was a campus visit/interview, then I applied online. A few weeks later, I got emailed for a short phone interview with two junior analysts, very casual. They mostly just asked about your resume and a few brainteasers. A week later, I got emailed about the Superday. The Superday consisted of three back-to-back 30 minute interviews (2 fit, 1 technical). The two fit interviews were by the MD and AD. The technical interview was two junior analysts.

Interview Questions
    • $10 in depreciation - what happens to the three financial statements.   Answer Question

Investment Management Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UBS.

the usual recruiting scheme. first the phone interview and then went to the office for the back to back interviews. the interview was not difficult and a mix of tech and behavior questions.

Interview Questions
    • the interview was quite technical and team based. knowing the market would be a plus but running through the resume with a sound story would be a must.   Answer Question

Corp Cash Management Group Interview

I had one in-office interview with three different people. The questions were very straightforward and simple. I was asked about my work history and what I knew about the company. Each individual I talked to seemed interested in the conversation they were all easy to converse with. Overall, the process was quite simple and quick.