UBS Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 24, 2014
527 interviews

2.9

Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at UBS in November 2013.

The interviewer was very kind and he started friendly conversation first. I was the last one so he was exhausted however he asked very general questions such as "Tell me about yourself, What do you think about our company?, Which of your skills do you trust?"

Interview Questions
    • I was interviewing about leadership and he asked "Tell me one of your most difficult experience about leadership". What can I say about it? The people I managed or money? I humbled something but he didn't seem so pleased to my answer.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at UBS in June 2012.

Make sure you are well prepared for the interview and know your resume top to bottom, It is a straight forward interview with someone on the team you are going for. Make sure you also are prepared to be in a serious environment and are looking to gain expereince from Financial Advisors, Managers

Senior Wealth Strategy Associate Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at UBS.

Mostly driven by individual teams. I was recruited through my university. Members of the team flew out and interviewed me on campus and then flew me out to LA for a final round.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UBS in April 2012.

Applied through university career services. Was put in touch with a client service representative who conducted a single phone interview. Interview consisted of a few fit questions - mainly why I was interested in the position, and what about my post experiences made me a good candidate for the position.

Network Associate Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 days - interviewed at UBS.

Tiered interview process. Depending on the department you are in, 1) The first interview is personality based, 2) the second interview is technical 3) The third interview is background, drug testing, etc.

Interview Questions
    Offer, take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at UBS.

I received an an interview through a referral at my college I am studying at. The first interview I had with UBS was just a phone screening. The second interview I had with UBS asked about what my goals were for my career in finance and why I wanted to be with Wealth Management at UBS.

Interview Questions
    The process took very long, I accepted the offer in early May and didn't start working until mid June.

Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at UBS.

Initially, they contacted me via phone after I submitted a resume through my school's career center. They have you come to their office, and for the most part it was your run of the mill interview questions. They then had me speak with a guy who had graduated recently from my school, he had similar questions for me. From their discussions with me, it was obvious that they were proud of their AUM, but I didn't get the sense that their clients were a priority. The office was beautiful with polite staff.

Interview Questions
    • What differentiated this position (wealth management) from one in other financial services, like investment banking or consulting?   Answer Question

I wanted to intern with a group that cared about their clients, not just their money. This may sound counterintuitive for wealth management, but my internship now has shown me that those firms exist.

Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed in-person. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at UBS in September 2010.

Hiring process is notoriously slow and a very frustrating process. So be prepared! You will have to go thru many interview rounds and meet many individuals, including those that are not well-prepared to interview ... and not so interested in being there.

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at UBS in December 2013.

There was hardly an interview process--I was recruited as an intern, then switched over to a full-time staff position.

The whole interview/hiring process took roughly a month and a half. The company moves at a glacial pace and doesn't care if you have impending deadlines (i.e., schools pressuring you to get authorization and proof of internship for class credit).

The questions they asked didn't really pertain to the job--I mostly ended up running the mail, grabbing morning coffee, making copies of meeting presentations. It was all very non-educational but at least I got paid $10/hr.

Difficult.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Weehawken, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Weehawken, NJ

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at UBS in March 2013.

Campus hiring.
    First round: On campus interview conducted by MD. simple background question.
    Evaluation Center: 5 interview + group interview.
      Interview: technical question. algorithm, coding, data structure, database (SQL), creative questions.

Interview Questions
    • Group Interview: given 10MM, how to distribute into projects? Asked to rank projects and distribute capital to reach company goal.   View Answer

Worked for UBS? Contribute to the Community!