UBS

Relevance Date Difficulty

UBS Wealth Management Interview

UBS Wealth Management
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and interviewed at UBS.

Interview Details – Initially, they contacted me via phone after I submitted a resume through my school's career center. They have you come to their office, and for the most part it was your run of the mill interview questions. They then had me speak with a guy who had graduated recently from my school, he had similar questions for me. From their discussions with me, it was obvious that they were proud of their AUM, but I didn't get the sense that their clients were a priority. The office was beautiful with polite staff.

Interview Question – What differentiated this position (wealth management) from one in other financial services, like investment banking or consulting?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I wanted to intern with a group that cared about their clients, not just their money. This may sound counterintuitive for wealth management, but my internship now has shown me that those firms exist.

Strategist Interview

Strategist
New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at UBS in September 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring process is notoriously slow and a very frustrating process. So be prepared! You will have to go thru many interview rounds and meet many individuals, including those that are not well-prepared to interview ... and not so interested in being there.

Client Service Associate Interview

Client Service Associate
Irvine, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at UBS in December 2013.

Interview Details – There was hardly an interview process--I was recruited as an intern, then switched over to a full-time staff position.

The whole interview/hiring process took roughly a month and a half. The company moves at a glacial pace and doesn't care if you have impending deadlines (i.e., schools pressuring you to get authorization and proof of internship for class credit).

The questions they asked didn't really pertain to the job--I mostly ended up running the mail, grabbing morning coffee, making copies of meeting presentations. It was all very non-educational but at least I got paid $10/hr.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Difficult.

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Weehawken, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at UBS in March 2013.

Interview Details – Campus hiring.
First round: On campus interview conducted by MD. simple background question.
Evaluation Center: 5 interview + group interview.
  Interview: technical question. algorithm, coding, data structure, database (SQL), creative questions.

Interview Question – Group Interview: given 10MM, how to distribute into projects? Asked to rank projects and distribute capital to reach company goal.   View Answer

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at UBS.

Interview Details – Went through three rounds of interviews. HR was very friendly and accommodating. Hiring managers were not hard to talk to and easy going. Heard back within 2 days after the first interview. The second and third in person interview was further apart. Total time was about 2 months. Overall enjoyed the experience.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for UBS?   Answer Question

Wealth Strategy Associate Interview

Wealth Strategy Associate
Century City, CA

I applied through other source - interviewed at UBS in March 2014.

Interview Details – Be prepared to work with a recruiter who works with UBS, but not for them. Telephone interview process was initially difficult and tedious. I followed up regularly; however, very little communication from either UBS or the recruiter. In the end, I was strung along, only to not receive an interview.

UBS Wealth Management Intern Interview

UBS Wealth Management Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UBS.

Interview Details – Visited campus and had 2 30 minute interviews. Both were pretty direct, a few technical questions but more fit questions, asking about past experiences. Made decisions that day which was nice to hear back.

Interview Question – Asked a lot about current events, know WSJ, what stocks are doing good and bad.   Answer Question

Manager Research Analyst Interview

Manager Research Analyst
Weehawken, NJ

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at UBS in May 2014.

Interview Details – Hiring for a manager due diligence analyst to research and monitor mutual fund managers to be included on UBS's platform. After an initial phone interview, the next step is an in-person interview with the head of the group and the HR hiring manager. A written sample is the next step in the process.

Interview Question – They ask about how passionate you are are about stocks. Walk through an example of a mutual fund you recommended and how you evaluated that fund. They asked if my fund example was a typical type of fund that I would recommend, but wasn't sure what they were trying to find out with that question.   View Answer

UBS Wealth Management Intern Interview

UBS Wealth Management Intern

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at UBS.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by an HR director. The interview was pretty general, though they asked extensively about my extra-curricular activities. The interviewer was friendly and really was interested in getting to know who I was. She also asked about the courses I was enrolled in and what I was learning.

Interview Question – What was my most recent paper about?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Global Asset Management Summer Intern Interview

Global Asset Management Summer Intern
Chicago, IL

Interview Details – Base in Chicago. 3 phone interviews.
1st Interview: with the team leader. Mostly questions on the resume, some questions on stock pitch. Easy and straightforward. Assigned a web-scraping project and due in a week.
2nd and 3rd interviews: one with a junior analyst and one with the managing director, back to back. Still mostly questions on resume, and some questions on the project they are doing (big data in equity selection). They were looking for someone who was tech-savvy and interested in investment. No technical questions at all.

Interview Question – Do you believe in the project we are doing?   Answer Question

Worked for UBS? Contribute to the Community!