UBS Interview Questions

Updated Oct 15, 2014
Updated Oct 15, 2014

2.9

PWM Interview

Got in touch with a few people working at firm, lucky to have my resume passed up to the Branch Director within a few days. Phone interview was easy and two days later was offered

Group Technology Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at UBS.

First Interview was a typical on campus interview. Lots of behavioral and fit type questions to see how one would interact if given a position within the company. Second interview was a superday at UBS. The only technical questions that were asked dealt with the technology used in previous work experience.

Wealth Strategy Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at UBS.

Applied online, received an email for a phone interview two weeks later. Long turn around time between application and next steps. be patient. Phone interviews are difficult, be sure to be in a quiet room with no distractions and headphones to make it easier to listen. questions were based mostly going over your resume so be prepared to discuss any and all points in further detail.

PWM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at UBS.

The people were really nice and walk you through the interview. The questions were mostly behavioral and they made sure hard questions were more of a dialogue than sitting there silently while you struggle through it. Very nice people, both sales and product development. This was their first time hiring an intern for their department so I'm not sure they had a concrete process. Fun interview.

Intern Interview

Was a very good experience. People were very nice and the interview was pretty straight forward and focused more on fit and personality questions. Didn't ask anything unexpected just the basic type of questions you can expect to hear in any job interview.

CSA/NFA Wealth Advice Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weehawken, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weehawken, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UBS.

Initially got in contact through employee referral. Got an email scheduling a phone interview with 5 different people of various positions, each to last 30 minutes (around 2.5 hours total). Some were personable, others were very blunt with questions and just wanted to get straight to the point. Asked questions about background and experience, with some people asking the same questions as others; spent a lot of time telling me about the position. Asked if I knew what some characteristics of basic investment vehicles were (Mutual fund, fixed income. Not many curveballs, but the interview was very long.

Interview Questions
    • What is your biggest personal weakness?
      How does your experience prove you will be able to effectively communicate with people via phone?
        Answer Question

UBS Wealth Management Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at UBS.

It can be a long process for minimal rewards. Research what you are getting into before go this route. There is a large difference between Wealth , and Investment culture

Interview Questions
    • Question are straight forward commonly used through the financial world   Answer Question

Senior Wealth Strategy Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at UBS.

Mostly driven by individual teams. I was recruited through my university. Members of the team flew out and interviewed me on campus and then flew me out to LA for a final round.

Network Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at UBS.

Tiered interview process. Depending on the department you are in, 1) The first interview is personality based, 2) the second interview is technical 3) The third interview is background, drug testing, etc.

Interview Questions
    Offer, take it or leave it.

UBS Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at UBS.

I received an an interview through a referral at my college I am studying at. The first interview I had with UBS was just a phone screening. The second interview I had with UBS asked about what my goals were for my career in finance and why I wanted to be with Wealth Management at UBS.

Interview Questions
    The process took very long, I accepted the offer in early May and didn't start working until mid June.