UBS Interview Questions

Updated Mar 28, 2015
Updated Mar 28, 2015

2.9

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at UBS.

1...Contact by complex director and regional manager. Brief 15 minute interview over the phone, then scheduled an in person meeting one month later.
    2...Meeting in branch with director for 30 minutes, discussing the three teams I would be interviewing with. Interviewed with three teams, approximately 45 minutes a piece. Final meeting with director at end of day. Director suggested I would hear back from all teams by end of week, likely getting three offers.
    3. Received three offers. Discussed options with director over the phone, then scheduled 30 minute conference call with each team to discuss vision and roles. Selected team over weekend.

Interview Questions
    • How will you handle moving to Columbus knowing only your girlfriend?   View Answer

Summer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at UBS.

one phone interview and one AC with numerical test, presentations and one on one interview. Not too hard but time for numerical test was really tight. Better to be prepared ahead of time. I attended the information session so I think it might be crucial for getting the first round interview

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at UBS.

The interview was pretty straightforward and comfortable. My interviewer began by telling me about her background and then asked me to do the same. Next came questions about why I wanted to work for UBS, along with questions about my past work experience. The interviewer then gave me a brief description of the position and gave me time to ask questions.

Administrative Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeksinterviewed at UBS in March 2015.

I submitted my resume online and was contacted via email 2 months later. There was no phone screen interview. I met with the complex operation manager a week later. We discussed the position and the requirements for about an hour. She then explained that I was missing one required license and could not be hired to this role without it. That was it.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about UBS? And why did you want to apply for this position?   Answer Question

S&T Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at UBS.

Applied through school career center and got an internship. I had the first round interview, and one other at super day
    30 minutes phone interview, and in person interview with MD, and other associates/analysts

Equity Analyst Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at UBS.

First give a behavioral interview and then process to an online test.The behavioral questions are about your basic mathematical intuition and may be give you a tiny case to solve. However, the online test seems very strict. I believed I finished them all correctly however I still did not meet the minimum requirement.

Director Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at UBS.

Experienced hire interview. I thought everyone I met was really nice. They mostly asked me about my experience and tested on some light technical knowledge. I was very impressed with everyone I interviewed with.

It took some time to get back to me with a second round interview and decision.

UBS Wealth Management Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at UBS.

The process was pretty straightforward. I applied online through my University, and was contacted a few weeks later. After a phone screen, I went into the office for an in-person interview that was fairly short, maybe 30 min-1 hr. The in-person interview was conversational; I first met with the Office Manager, and then the Financial Advisor I would be working with. Mostly behavioral questions. After the in-person interview I was notified almost immediately.

Summer S&T Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at UBS.

Applied through college and get a phone interview from an alumnus, which doesn't take long 15mins. Got the final round on campus, 3 MD total and last an hour total. The first one is not very friendly, more focus on behavior. The other two is more focus on conversation.

UBS Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UBS in February 2015.

Interview was with 2 employees. I was referred by a client and the interview was very comfortable. The interviewers were very professional but also welcoming. Standard questions asked. Didn't expect much experience as I am a college student looking for a summer internship. Somewhat slow follow up. Still waiting for the next steps in the process.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think you will be doing as an intern in wealth management at UBS?   Answer Question