UBS Interview Questions

Updated Jul 2, 2015

2.9

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at UBS.

Interview

I worked hard to get the interview because the company is so widely recognized. Initially, I was supposed to go in for an in person interview but the team could not schedule a date that worked with both of us so I turned to a phone interview. The phone call led to an in person interview. I talked to an employee for about 20 minutes. The person I talked to on the phone did not even take the time to talk to me after he was the person that invited me to come in in the first place.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a work load with various deadlines?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UBS.

Interview

After I submitted the application, I was asked to do a survey. Survey asked why I wanted the role, what I'd bring to the question, locations I preferred, etc. Then, had a follow-up call with an executive director and was later brought in to Superday. It's been more than 3 weeks and I haven't heard a word. Clearly, I didn't get it, but closing the loop would be nice.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to change careers and go into financial services?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Interview

The interview was about 30 minutes long. The questions that we asked were mainly about the resume and the skills (particularly Excel). There were no unexpected/difficult questions. Overall the experience and the impression of the management/company was positive. One has to be prepared to answer standard questions and know Excel really well.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at UBS (New York, NY).

Interview

2 rounds in total
    First round on campus, interviews with 2 people 1-1, both associates, 30min each, no technical questions
    Second round at headquarter, also 2 interviews, with Executive Directors, fit question
    HR organized dinner before 2nd round interviews

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume; what's your strength and weakness; standard interview questions   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at UBS (Nashville, TN) in May 2015.

Interview

Contacted by HR by applying for another job, HR is really helpful by setting up the interview time. Talked to two of their associate manager by the phone, they are really nice and easy to work with.

Fund Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at UBS (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Walked into office, met with 2 people, lasted 1.5 hours. Asked about experience, strengths, what value you bring to the company. The first person I interviewed was the hiring manager and we basically walked through my resume and chatted about the company. He asked about how well I work with others and the overall quality of my work. The second person was the supervisor and we just had a casual conversation. They want to get a sense that you're a good fit for the role and if you will fit in withthem.

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UBS (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Horrible. Came in for what was supposed to be a second round interview to the Philadephia office, and I sat in the lobby for about 15 minutes. Eventually, met with both financial advisers and they asked about two questions each before saying they had seen enough and sent me on my way. Probably talked to me about five minutes total and to be honest was an absolute joke of a process. Would not even bother applying.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at UBS.

Interview

Received a phone call asking to set up an in person interview. Scheduled for the following week. Very casual interview. Had a very casual conversation for the majority of the interview, with some minor questions about some things on my resume. Felt like it went very well.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weehawken, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at UBS (Weehawken, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

Fairly easy interview process. Interviewed with three executive directors. One in person, one from London, and one from Switzerland.

UBS was very aggressive with interview process and offer was received three days after interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Be sure to stand firm when negotiating salary and bonus. Do not provide your current salary during the interview process.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at UBS.

Interview

1...Contact by complex director and regional manager. Brief 15 minute interview over the phone, then scheduled an in person meeting one month later.
    2...Meeting in branch with director for 30 minutes, discussing the three teams I would be interviewing with. Interviewed with three teams, approximately 45 minutes a piece. Final meeting with director at end of day. Director suggested I would hear back from all teams by end of week, likely getting three offers.
    3. Received three offers. Discussed options with director over the phone, then scheduled 30 minute conference call with each team to discuss vision and roles. Selected team over weekend.

Interview Questions

• How will you handle moving to Columbus knowing only your girlfriend?   1 Answer