UBS Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

2.9

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UBS.

Interview

General question about background, school experience and plans for the future. Talked around 40 minutes. My friend referred me to the company and a person there. So, the interview was just a formality. I guess, they just wanted to check if I am sane person and can operate in a corporate environment. Though, it wasn't the summer internship or anything like that. I was an intern during Winter semester and just helping in a local office where several financial advisors are reside.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Executive Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (Stamford, CT).

Interview

Flew to Stamford and interviewed with 3 senior lawyers. I bended up reporting to two of the interviewers. I also interviewed with local head of the business in Chicago.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about previous experience and interactions with industry committees in several regulated areas. I was also asked about previous management experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Reasonable offer. Accepted.

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Weehawken, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (Weehawken, NJ).

Interview

I appreciate interviews that feel more like a conversation than a test. This was not that kind of interview. They didn't seem to want to get to know me or my background, instead they asked many scripted questions. I understand that this is how it works at some places, but I left feeling like they didn't really gave me a chance to express my talents.

Interview Questions

• What's your greatest strength? What's your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Compliance Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY).

Interview

A professional interview process with friendly staff and managers who asked questions that were fair to the interviewees. Managing Directors took a lot of their time to interview you to make sure they were getting the right person from a professional and personal standpoint. HR was great and communicated well throughout process.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to leave your current job? What do you envision you will look to achieve in your first 30 days? Describe a project you recently worked on?   Answer Question

Business Risk Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at UBS (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Everything went pretty smoothly. Applies for job on a Saturday, did phone screening on a Tuesday, had onsite interview the next week and was told I would be a good candidate for the position the next day after the interview. After that hiring process took several weeks but I was kept informed throughout the whole process.

Wealth Management Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UBS.

Interview

Started off with a phone interview. Mostly behavioral and the basic phone interview questions. Asked about school, major, background, experience, etc. Pretty easy phone interview. Next I was invited into the office for an in-person interview. Met with the senior vice president of the specific office I was applying for and the client service associate. Was asked some technical questions regarding wealth management and my overall finance background. Overall the interview process was pretty easy.

Interview Questions

• Why wealth management? Do you invest? What do you think of today's market? What is your opinion on ____ stock?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UBS.

Interview

I worked hard to get the interview because the company is so widely recognized. Initially, I was supposed to go in for an in person interview but the team could not schedule a date that worked with both of us so I turned to a phone interview. The phone call led to an in person interview. I talked to an employee for about 20 minutes. The person I talked to on the phone did not even take the time to talk to me after he was the person that invited me to come in in the first place.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a work load with various deadlines?   1 Answer

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UBS (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

Good experience. I applied online and was contacted via phone from their HR department and was able to schedule an interview the next week. I met with about 6-7 people in a span of a few hours and had a positive overall experience. Everyone was very straight forward and did not beat around the bush in terms of the corporate culture and what is expected of you in that role.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle high stress environments?   1 Answer

UBS Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied through college career website. Received an e-mail from an associate a week later to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview was for 20-25 min asking simple questions about my resume, university and background. 3 days later, i received another e-mail to schedule a interview at UBS offices. The interview was with the same associate, it seemed to be more of a conversation rather than an interview. Asked more detail of current work, previous coursework, and a couple of technical questions and short term goals. Good experience overall

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose your university? What do you plan to do after you graduate? What is the one thing you feel the most proud of? Tell me of a project where you have to be in a team, and what was your role in it? If I called your supervisor, what will be 3 good things he would say about you?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UBS.

Interview

After I submitted the application, I was asked to do a survey. Survey asked why I wanted the role, what I'd bring to the question, locations I preferred, etc. Then, had a follow-up call with an executive director and was later brought in to Superday. It's been more than 3 weeks and I haven't heard a word. Clearly, I didn't get it, but closing the loop would be nice.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to change careers and go into financial services?   Answer Question