UBS Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 24, 2014
527 interviews

2.9

IB Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 6 days - interviewed at UBS in March 2010.

You should dress well. Be confident. Review your econ stuff. valuations technique. the process is pretty basic, like most other IB interviews. make sure you review all your notes. first round was mostly fit and situational. it just sucks that they get back to people so late.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at UBS in September 2010.

Process -
     A full day consisting of a test followed by several interviews and a personnel interview.
    Test & most of the interviews went very well, but 1 or 2 questions came up during the day that I couldn't answer and I was not made an offer.

Advice -
     1) Know *your* stuff. They will grill you in the general areas and you need to provide accurate answers.
     2) Know *their* stuff or be prepared to defend your boundaries. They will also expect you to be expert in the job you are applying for. Either make sure you have all the answers or, where that's not possible, do not be afraid to say that some areas will doubtless be new to you and you are not yet at their level in those areas.

Interview Questions
    • Be conscious of the group you are entering and research their particular skills/priorities.   Answer Question

S&T Summer Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at UBS in January 2011.

First interview is 2-on-1. They pair you up with what they think is your expertise level. I got two MDs both specializing in stuff I was interested in.

Completely unnecessary vernacular used. Seemed very coarse and harsh. Questions such as "Why the F are you even here?." Not sure if it was a stress interview because these two never let me speak. Others described having the same interviewers and having a good time. They seemed completely biased against me from the first place. The others I described were girls, though.

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at UBS in August 2009.

I went through several face to face interviews. The second required a "public" presentation to several UBS employees. This was intended to simulate a public seminar, questions from the attendees made this a challenging event. The final hurdle was a test. It consisted of lots of math and problem questions. Very challenging and a tight time constraint.

Interview Questions
    • The interviews and presentation were pretty standard stuff, but the test was a monster. I'm not sure I was intended to finish. I started estimating when I realized of the time crunch and still left one question unanswered.   Answer Question
    Trainee position didn't allow much room, but I managed to get a five grand bump to the base.

Senior Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at UBS in February 2013.

There was one interview with a representative of HR and two fund accounting managers. Initially HR did all the speaking just doing a quick run through of my CV and then it was over to the two managers. There were a lot of competency based questions and then one manager was particularly brutal with lots of very technical questions which took me by surprise. He asked about how to make specific postings and which ledgers they would hit. My impression overall was that if they were going to be this difficult in the interview, then I wouldn't really like to work for them.

Interview Questions
    • How would you post a fee and what ledgers would it hit?
      Can you explain a master feeder structure?
        Answer Question

Debt Capital Markets Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at UBS in February 2013.

applied through website, was scheduled for phone interview with associate but ended up being a director. Very technical asked about why capital markets why not M&A. Asked me to pitch a stock. Walk me through an IPO process. Didn't seem like in the mood to interview me. Didn't really care about my background, liked to talk about himself.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at UBS in September 2012.

Had 2 interviews before being hired. The first interview lasted about 5 minutes, after which I felt thoroughly shaken. However they contacted me again a few weeks later, very much to my surprise, and asked me to come in again to interview with a specific team.

Interview Questions
    • This is not the typical resume we receive, explain to me why you would make a good intern at UBS despite your untraditional background.   Answer Question

UBS Financial Advisor Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at UBS in April 2009.

Math test, then interview with branch manager, then 2 day event in Cleveland.

Interview Questions
    • 2 hour simulation with computer and phone, had to pretend you were an advisor, making cold calls and answering emails.   Answer Question
    Set, no negotiation.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at UBS in January 2009.

I was recruited within college, and had an intership. The process was a two step process, on two different dates. I had an interview with a senior at the main office location, and a follow-up with a principal. Questions were both theoretical, and though driven. There were two interviews that lasted, each 2 hours.

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Stamford, CT
    Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at UBS in May 2012.

Through a recruiting agency

Interview Questions

Worked for UBS? Contribute to the Community!