UBS

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015

2.9

IB Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at UBS in March 2010.

You should dress well. Be confident. Review your econ stuff. valuations technique. the process is pretty basic, like most other IB interviews. make sure you review all your notes. first round was mostly fit and situational. it just sucks that they get back to people so late.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at UBS in September 2010.

Process -
     A full day consisting of a test followed by several interviews and a personnel interview.
    Test & most of the interviews went very well, but 1 or 2 questions came up during the day that I couldn't answer and I was not made an offer.

Advice -
     1) Know *your* stuff. They will grill you in the general areas and you need to provide accurate answers.
     2) Know *their* stuff or be prepared to defend your boundaries. They will also expect you to be expert in the job you are applying for. Either make sure you have all the answers or, where that's not possible, do not be afraid to say that some areas will doubtless be new to you and you are not yet at their level in those areas.

Interview Questions
    • Be conscious of the group you are entering and research their particular skills/priorities.   Answer Question

S&T Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at UBS in January 2011.

First interview is 2-on-1. They pair you up with what they think is your expertise level. I got two MDs both specializing in stuff I was interested in.

Completely unnecessary vernacular used. Seemed very coarse and harsh. Questions such as "Why the F are you even here?." Not sure if it was a stress interview because these two never let me speak. Others described having the same interviewers and having a good time. They seemed completely biased against me from the first place. The others I described were girls, though.

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UBS in August 2009.

I went through several face to face interviews. The second required a "public" presentation to several UBS employees. This was intended to simulate a public seminar, questions from the attendees made this a challenging event. The final hurdle was a test. It consisted of lots of math and problem questions. Very challenging and a tight time constraint.

Interview Questions
    • The interviews and presentation were pretty standard stuff, but the test was a monster. I'm not sure I was intended to finish. I started estimating when I realized of the time crunch and still left one question unanswered.   Answer Question
    Trainee position didn't allow much room, but I managed to get a five grand bump to the base.

Senior Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at UBS in February 2013.

There was one interview with a representative of HR and two fund accounting managers. Initially HR did all the speaking just doing a quick run through of my CV and then it was over to the two managers. There were a lot of competency based questions and then one manager was particularly brutal with lots of very technical questions which took me by surprise. He asked about how to make specific postings and which ledgers they would hit. My impression overall was that if they were going to be this difficult in the interview, then I wouldn't really like to work for them.

Interview Questions
    • How would you post a fee and what ledgers would it hit?
      Can you explain a master feeder structure?

Answer Question

Graduate Training Program (GTP) Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UBS.

Wealth management retail and corporate China and Hongkong desk.

I applied online, after about a month UBS HR called me to arrange two interviews:

first one is with HR. It lasted for 2 hours, which include a 35 minutes numerical test.
    second one is with the line manager and another future colleague. It lasted 1.5 hours, which includes countless questions.

Interview Questions
    • I prepared for almost all the typical questions but I missed out these one:
      "If you are interested in the financial industry, what financial newspaper do you follow at the moment?"

View Answer

Sales and Trading Placement Interview

Initially filled in online application which was followed by a phone interview - mainly competencies based(with HR) and one question "How would you invest 1 mln GBP"
    Then followed by Assessment Centre where we had a case study, a presentation and two rounds of interviews plus numerical test. Both interviews were commercial awarenesss even though the fist was supposed to be competencies I was only asked one competency. Was also asked a brain teaser which was a basic maths question.

Wealth Management Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at UBS in July 2014.

Day 1 - 3 interviews with 2 or 3 people per interview
    Day 2 - 3 interviews with 1 or 2 people per interview

As a professional rather than a graduate applying, the questions were base solely on my experience within financial services and wealth management areas.

5 of the 6 interviews were with the Wealth Management hierarchy and 1 was with a dedicated in-house recruiter - this interview was the most typical - going through my CV / strengths / weaknesses etc.

The others were more casual and felt more like general chats about why I wanted the job, what I would bring to the role and how I would fit in at UBS.

Equity Analyst Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at UBS.

First give a behavioral interview and then process to an online test.The behavioral questions are about your basic mathematical intuition and may be give you a tiny case to solve. However, the online test seems very strict. I believed I finished them all correctly however I still did not meet the minimum requirement.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at UBS in December 2014.

There was a campus visit/interview, then I applied online. A few weeks later, I got emailed for a short phone interview with two junior analysts, very casual. They mostly just asked about your resume and a few brainteasers. A week later, I got emailed about the Superday. The Superday consisted of three back-to-back 30 minute interviews (2 fit, 1 technical). The two fit interviews were by the MD and AD. The technical interview was two junior analysts.

Interview Questions
    • $10 in depreciation - what happens to the three financial statements.   Answer Question