UBS

Updated Dec 16, 2014
Updated Dec 16, 2014

2.9

Graduate Trainee Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UBS.

Very nice people and comfortable conversations. Highly approachable and encouraging. Went through 5 rounds of interviews, no technical questions but they really want to make sure they you can fit well in the team and do contribute to the work.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you choose UBS?
      Why this position?
      What is your strength and weakness?

Answer Question
    Took the offer right away. The compensation is quite nice and there is nothing to negotiate about.

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at UBS.

Assessment Centre

1) Technical Thinking Exercise (Individual)
    - think individually then present to interviewer

2) Numerical Exercise (Individual)
    - 20 min

3) Group Discussion Exercise
    - 15 min thinking
    - 20 min group exercise

4) Competency Interview (Individual)
    - 40 min ~ interview

Interview Questions
    • What is a current business news that caught your attention?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at UBS.

It started with a standard application for Summer 2013. I was then invited to take a Phone interview with HR then an Assessment Centre.

The phone call was bog standard competencies as well as some UBS based questions.

The AC had a presentation based on information, a group assessment & an interview. The process was really friendly and the questions certainly weren't too taxing. It's a shame I messed up the group exercise by not inputting.

Interview Questions
    • Can you give an example of a product/service we provide?   Answer Question

CSA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at UBS in August 2014.

one phone interview and met with everyone on the team same day, interview was pretty simple with all behavioral questions. received phone offer within a few hours after my in person interview and took a few weeks to sign my offer letter.

Interview Questions
    • no difficult question, mainly about pass experiences and language experience   Answer Question
    used offer from Morgan Stanley to negotiate salary

UBS Wealth Management Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at UBS.

Applied through program with the help of connections, and as a result was a pretty easy process. Most applicants tend to be entering their junior year so the questions tend to not be too technical. This is a very good program though that is helpful to anyone who wants to get introduced to the both the financial world and, obviously, mainly the wealth management world.

Equity Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UBS in February 2013.

Interviewed with Equity Research Intern position at Seoul Office. After the numerical/logical reasoning exams, I had two interviews in a row with one associate and one MD. They were really kind and they asked both behavioral and technique questions. The technique questions were very straightforward- such as explaining how is income statement comprised of.... and so on.

Non-negotiable.

Sales and Trading Interview

focus more on market than other firms
    everyone at the firm is focused because of the recent downsizing/ However, they are a good group of people trying to do the most they can.

Investment Management Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UBS.

the usual recruiting scheme. first the phone interview and then went to the office for the back to back interviews. the interview was not difficult and a mix of tech and behavior questions.

Interview Questions
    • the interview was quite technical and team based. knowing the market would be a plus but running through the resume with a sound story would be a must.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UBS.

only 3 steps of the process
    1.online 2.telephone 3.ac
    the process is not difficult until the ac. pay attention to the last part of ac which is the group discussion of a case. you don't need to present for it!!
    The competency and tech parts are really easy.

Corp Cash Management Group Interview

I had one in-office interview with three different people. The questions were very straightforward and simple. I was asked about my work history and what I knew about the company. Each individual I talked to seemed interested in the conversation they were all easy to converse with. Overall, the process was quite simple and quick.