UBS Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UBS (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Interview was with 2 employees. I was referred by a client and the interview was very comfortable. The interviewers were very professional but also welcoming. Standard questions asked. Didn't expect much experience as I am a college student looking for a summer internship. Somewhat slow follow up. Still waiting for the next steps in the process.

Interview Questions

• What do you think you will be doing as an intern in wealth management at UBS?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at UBS (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Was referred by current intern whose position was opening up. Went to UBS offices and interviewed with financial adviser for about an hour and a half. Contacted me 2 weeks later to say she was making her decision soon. Contacted me again via phone a week later with her final decision.

Interview Questions

• How did your interest in finance start?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at UBS.

Interview

Had a direct interview with the financial advisor. She made the position clear. I was a little disappointed that the financial advisor was looking for a somewhat marketing intern. She pretty much asked me behavioral questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Century City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at UBS (Century City, CA).

Interview

Great experience, friendly people, and great location. Not a high stress interview.

Had initial phone interview then in-person interviews at their offices. Total interview consisted of meetings with 3 people. Process was very pleasant.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UBS.

Interview

3 phone interview, super day with a 45 minute desk shadow and 5 20-min interview, one on one. It's a sales and trading summer analyst position, so why trading why ubs and what's going on in the market.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UBS.

Interview

very lengthy process, it took 2 months, first with HR, ask typical HR questions, then serveral phone interviews for java questions, then onsite interview one on one, and with a group of people.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

did not negotiate, I wish I did, everyone is associate director, if you don't ask, you don't get it. very micro management company, does not like it.

UBS Wealth Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at UBS.

Interview

Met with the Senior Advisors and they asked me about my professional experience as well as what I knew about Wealth Management. They were more interested in me being passionate about helping them than my experience.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what makes me different from all of the other candidates.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at UBS.

Interview

Applied through online and had a phone interview before being invited to AC. Had to take one numercial test (paper, 20 questions in 20 min). Also had a case study (30 minutes to prepare). Had just one interview all the questions were behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were behavioral so guess the most difficult question was what are the recent trends in the market?   Answer Question

Sales & Trading Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UBS in January 2015.

Interview

Recruiter and traders came to campus first for an info session. Invited a select few to dinner that night. Then came to campus a few weeks later and selected students to have informational interviews (which were sort of first round interviews). They selected a few from that pool to ask to dinner that night. Then a month later in January they did a phone interview and three on campus interviews and gave an offer that night.

Interview Questions

• In response to my stock pitch asked which large institutional investors held the stock.
      Square root of 3?
      What will happen when interest rates increase?
      I have a cake, I want eight equal sized pieces and you can only slice three times, how do you slice?

Answer Question

Negotiation

3 Week decision period no negotiation

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at UBS (Nashville, TN) in January 2015.

Interview

After applying online, I was given a coding assignment after being contacted via email. Rather than any sort of phone screening, I was asked to complete a coding exercise first before being allowed to interview on campus. Pending a good review with properly written test cases, I would be contacted for the interview. The assignment consisted of programming a HashMap in Java.

Interview Questions

• Here's the gist: you are to write a program to parse sentences into words and then keep track of the occurrence of each word. So, if the program is fed, "The cow jumped of the moon," every word but 'the' would be given a key of 1, while 'the' would be given a key 2.   Answer Question