UBS

Relevance Date Difficulty

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Stamford, CT

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at UBS in September 2010.

Interview Details – It took a long time for the process

Interview Question – why are you looking to move   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – No negotiation occurred

Very Easy Interview

Operations Intern Interview

Operations Intern
Stamford, CT

I applied through college or university and interviewed at UBS.

Interview Details – Had an in person interview at a career event, followed by a phone interview. The phone interview was entirely fit questions and very informational. The first interview was harder, with a few more technical questions. I did not receive an invite for the superday.

Interview Question – Explain how macros on excel work   Answer Question

Wealth Management Associate Interview

Wealth Management Associate
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at UBS in July 2013.

Interview Details – There were 3 rounds of interview. Some were 1:1 but most were 2:1. Each time I went in for an interview I was there for about 1.5-2 hours. There were lots of fit questions and some technical questions, but nothing too crazy. Lots of questions about UBS Private Wealth Management and why they are different from other PWM shops.

Interview Question – What makes us different from our competitors and why did you chose to interview with us?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There isn't room for negotiation on salary. I tried but to no avail.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Investment Banking Analyst

Interviewed at UBS

Interview Details – Received an interview after speaking with current employees. The interview was conducted in brackets with 3 people. Questions were standard and all interviewees were quite nice.

Interview Question – Why UBS? (I have always struggled with this type of question)   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Sales
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UBS in March 2014.

Interview Details – 20 minutes interview

Interview Question – Why sales? Why UBS? Extracurricular activities? Pitch a stock   Answer Question

Director, Investment Banking Interview

Director, Investment Banking
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at UBS in February 2010.

Interview Details – Interview process was smooth but they negotiated to bring me a year behind given slow market, highlighting their transanctional nature. Not something you look for in an ideal employer.

Interview Question – Technical question from a smart Exec Director   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Be firm in your demands and having an alternate offer helps.

Wealth Management Intern Interview

Wealth Management Intern

Interviewed at UBS

Interview Details – First there is a phone screening. Then first round of interviews. Then second round with the Financial Advisor and the whole team. I was told it would take 1-2 weeks to hear back but they called back 2 days later. But the hiring process took a very long time. 4-5 weeks to fill the application, background check, drug test, finger prints, etc.

Interview Question – Why UBS? Why Wealth Management?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Financial Advisor

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at UBS in March 2014.

Interview Details – I attended an Open House by invitation from a recruiter after I applied online. It was a panel presentation by management in that department and current financial advisors. I found out it was a call center environment.

Interview Question – Recruiter asked "Why UBS", also "Tell me about your background". These are common questions, but I didn't expect a telephone interview. She asked if we could "connect" in an email and I replied that would be fine. She said she would call at a certain time, and called 15 minutes late so I was not expected an interview. I had to take another call and the recruiter hung up. That was actually fine with me, because during the panel presentation, and even during the phone conversation, I'd decided I did not want to go back to a call center environment.   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Associate Director

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at UBS in September 2010.

Interview Details – HR was incredibly professional. When UBS is ready to hire, they will interview immediately and expect and answer immediately. The whole process was less than a week, but I know for others it can take months...until they need head count in the hiring area, then it is important to be in the right place.

Interview Question – Do you know what we do here? (The answer is hardly ever yes, but show that you did some homework)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I accepted what was offered which was what I requested in my application.

Wealth Management Intern Interview

Wealth Management Intern
Tysons Corner, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at UBS in April 2011.

Interview Details – Two round interview conducted by the regional President and Vice President. Round one was a one-on-one with the Vice President. After the standard, two-minute, verbal resume walk through, I was asked a series of behavorial questions.Round two with the President followed a similar ebb and flow and didn't consist of any technical questions. It is essential to have a holistic understanding of industry trends and their implications on the macro-economy.

Interview Question – Why go into wealth management instead of investment banking?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I managed to leverage my professional experience into a paid internship, whereas the majority of my peers were interning for academic credit.