UBS Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 24, 2014
527 interviews

2.9

Analyst Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at UBS.

Went through three rounds of interviews. HR was very friendly and accommodating. Hiring managers were not hard to talk to and easy going. Heard back within 2 days after the first interview. The second and third in person interview was further apart. Total time was about 2 months. Overall enjoyed the experience.

Wealth Strategy Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Century City, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Century City, CA

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at UBS in March 2014.

Be prepared to work with a recruiter who works with UBS, but not for them. Telephone interview process was initially difficult and tedious. I followed up regularly; however, very little communication from either UBS or the recruiter. In the end, I was strung along, only to not receive an interview.

UBS Wealth Management Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UBS.

Visited campus and had 2 30 minute interviews. Both were pretty direct, a few technical questions but more fit questions, asking about past experiences. Made decisions that day which was nice to hear back.

Interview Questions
    • Asked a lot about current events, know WSJ, what stocks are doing good and bad.   Answer Question

Manager Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Weehawken, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Weehawken, NJ

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at UBS in May 2014.

Hiring for a manager due diligence analyst to research and monitor mutual fund managers to be included on UBS's platform. After an initial phone interview, the next step is an in-person interview with the head of the group and the HR hiring manager. A written sample is the next step in the process.

Interview Questions
    • They ask about how passionate you are are about stocks. Walk through an example of a mutual fund you recommended and how you evaluated that fund. They asked if my fund example was a typical type of fund that I would recommend, but wasn't sure what they were trying to find out with that question.   View Answer

UBS Wealth Management Intern Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at UBS.

I was interviewed by an HR director. The interview was pretty general, though they asked extensively about my extra-curricular activities. The interviewer was friendly and really was interested in getting to know who I was. She also asked about the courses I was enrolled in and what I was learning.

Global Asset Management Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Base in Chicago. 3 phone interviews.
    1st Interview: with the team leader. Mostly questions on the resume, some questions on stock pitch. Easy and straightforward. Assigned a web-scraping project and due in a week.
    2nd and 3rd interviews: one with a junior analyst and one with the managing director, back to back. Still mostly questions on resume, and some questions on the project they are doing (big data in equity selection). They were looking for someone who was tech-savvy and interested in investment. No technical questions at all.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stamford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at UBS in September 2010.

It took a long time for the process

No negotiation occurred

Operations Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Stamford, CT
    Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at UBS.

Had an in person interview at a career event, followed by a phone interview. The phone interview was entirely fit questions and very informational. The first interview was harder, with a few more technical questions. I did not receive an invite for the superday.

Wealth Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at UBS in July 2013.

There were 3 rounds of interview. Some were 1:1 but most were 2:1. Each time I went in for an interview I was there for about 1.5-2 hours. There were lots of fit questions and some technical questions, but nothing too crazy. Lots of questions about UBS Private Wealth Management and why they are different from other PWM shops.

Interview Questions
    • What makes us different from our competitors and why did you chose to interview with us?   Answer Question
    There isn't room for negotiation on salary. I tried but to no avail.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Received an interview after speaking with current employees. The interview was conducted in brackets with 3 people. Questions were standard and all interviewees were quite nice.

Interview Questions
    • Why UBS? (I have always struggled with this type of question)   Answer Question