UBS

Updated Nov 12, 2014
Updated Nov 12, 2014

2.9

I applied through college or university – interviewed at UBS.

It can be a long process for minimal rewards. Research what you are getting into before go this route. There is a large difference between Wealth , and Investment culture

Interview Questions
    • Question are straight forward commonly used through the financial world   Answer Question

Senior Wealth Strategy Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at UBS.

Mostly driven by individual teams. I was recruited through my university. Members of the team flew out and interviewed me on campus and then flew me out to LA for a final round.

Network Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at UBS.

Tiered interview process. Depending on the department you are in, 1) The first interview is personality based, 2) the second interview is technical 3) The third interview is background, drug testing, etc.

Interview Questions
    Offer, take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at UBS.

I received an an interview through a referral at my college I am studying at. The first interview I had with UBS was just a phone screening. The second interview I had with UBS asked about what my goals were for my career in finance and why I wanted to be with Wealth Management at UBS.

Interview Questions
    The process took very long, I accepted the offer in early May and didn't start working until mid June.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at UBS.

Initially, they contacted me via phone after I submitted a resume through my school's career center. They have you come to their office, and for the most part it was your run of the mill interview questions. They then had me speak with a guy who had graduated recently from my school, he had similar questions for me. From their discussions with me, it was obvious that they were proud of their AUM, but I didn't get the sense that their clients were a priority. The office was beautiful with polite staff.

Interview Questions
    • What differentiated this position (wealth management) from one in other financial services, like investment banking or consulting?   Answer Question

I wanted to intern with a group that cared about their clients, not just their money. This may sound counterintuitive for wealth management, but my internship now has shown me that those firms exist.

Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at UBS.

Went through three rounds of interviews. HR was very friendly and accommodating. Hiring managers were not hard to talk to and easy going. Heard back within 2 days after the first interview. The second and third in person interview was further apart. Total time was about 2 months. Overall enjoyed the experience.

UBS Wealth Management Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UBS.

Visited campus and had 2 30 minute interviews. Both were pretty direct, a few technical questions but more fit questions, asking about past experiences. Made decisions that day which was nice to hear back.

Interview Questions
    • Asked a lot about current events, know WSJ, what stocks are doing good and bad.   Answer Question

UBS Wealth Management Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UBS.

I was interviewed by an HR director. The interview was pretty general, though they asked extensively about my extra-curricular activities. The interviewer was friendly and really was interested in getting to know who I was. She also asked about the courses I was enrolled in and what I was learning.

Global Asset Management Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Base in Chicago. 3 phone interviews.
    1st Interview: with the team leader. Mostly questions on the resume, some questions on stock pitch. Easy and straightforward. Assigned a web-scraping project and due in a week.
    2nd and 3rd interviews: one with a junior analyst and one with the managing director, back to back. Still mostly questions on resume, and some questions on the project they are doing (big data in equity selection). They were looking for someone who was tech-savvy and interested in investment. No technical questions at all.

Manager Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weehawken, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weehawken, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UBS in May 2014.

Hiring for a manager due diligence analyst to research and monitor mutual fund managers to be included on UBS's platform. After an initial phone interview, the next step is an in-person interview with the head of the group and the HR hiring manager. A written sample is the next step in the process.

Interview Questions
    • They ask about how passionate you are are about stocks. Walk through an example of a mutual fund you recommended and how you evaluated that fund. They asked if my fund example was a typical type of fund that I would recommend, but wasn't sure what they were trying to find out with that question.   View Answer