UBS Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

2.9

Internship Interview

Interview

The interview was about 30 minutes long. The questions that we asked were mainly about the resume and the skills (particularly Excel). There were no unexpected/difficult questions. Overall the experience and the impression of the management/company was positive. One has to be prepared to answer standard questions and know Excel really well.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY).

Interview

2 rounds in total First round on campus, interviews with 2 people 1-1, both associates, 30min each, no technical questions Second round at headquarter, also 2 interviews, with Executive Directors, fit question HR organized dinner before 2nd round interviews

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume; what's your strength and weakness; standard interview questions   Answer Question

IT Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at UBS in June 2015.

Interview

Employee referral. The recruiter contacted me and I submitted a resume as well as applied online. The recruiter then took two weeks to get back to me and scheduled a phone screen with one of the managers. Had one phone call with the manager. After two weeks I heard back from the recruiter that I got the job, The process took one month.

Interview Questions

• The manager asked me about past experience on my resume and what I was interested in.   Answer Question

Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Weehawken, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UBS (Weehawken, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview, itself, took approximately 10 minutes. The interview questions were very standard. It was a 2 on 1 interview process. It consisted of the hiring manager along with the HR representative.

Fund Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Walked into office, met with 2 people, lasted 1.5 hours. Asked about experience, strengths, what value you bring to the company. The first person I interviewed was the hiring manager and we basically walked through my resume and chatted about the company. He asked about how well I work with others and the overall quality of my work. The second person was the supervisor and we just had a casual conversation. They want to get a sense that you're a good fit for the role and if you will fit in withthem.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at UBS (Nashville, TN) in May 2015.

Interview

Contacted by HR by applying for another job, HR is really helpful by setting up the interview time. Talked to two of their associate manager by the phone, they are really nice and easy to work with.

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Horrible. Came in for what was supposed to be a second round interview to the Philadephia office, and I sat in the lobby for about 15 minutes. Eventually, met with both financial advisers and they asked about two questions each before saying they had seen enough and sent me on my way. Probably talked to me about five minutes total and to be honest was an absolute joke of a process. Would not even bother applying.

Interview Questions

Interview

First round was a phone interview with two bankers. It consisted of mostly technical questions with very few behavioral questions. Most of the technical questions are fairly standard from 400 questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UBS.

Interview

Received a phone call asking to set up an in person interview. Scheduled for the following week. Very casual interview. Had a very casual conversation for the majority of the interview, with some minor questions about some things on my resume. Felt like it went very well.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weehawken, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UBS (Weehawken, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

Fairly easy interview process. Interviewed with three executive directors. One in person, one from London, and one from Switzerland. UBS was very aggressive with interview process and offer was received three days after interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Be sure to stand firm when negotiating salary and bonus. Do not provide your current salary during the interview process.