UBS Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

2.9

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at UBS.

Interview

1...Contact by complex director and regional manager. Brief 15 minute interview over the phone, then scheduled an in person meeting one month later. 2...Meeting in branch with director for 30 minutes, discussing the three teams I would be interviewing with. Interviewed with three teams, approximately 45 minutes a piece. Final meeting with director at end of day. Director suggested I would hear back from all teams by end of week, likely getting three offers. 3. Received three offers. Discussed options with director over the phone, then scheduled 30 minute conference call with each team to discuss vision and roles. Selected team over weekend.

Interview Questions

• How will you handle moving to Columbus knowing only your girlfriend?   1 Answer

Group Technology Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at UBS.

Interview

Very well organized even ( Superday ) . I had two rounds of one - on - one technical & behavioral interview ( both very easy and professional ).

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UBS.

Interview

one phone interview and one AC with numerical test, presentations and one on one interview. Not too hard but time for numerical test was really tight. Better to be prepared ahead of time. I attended the information session so I think it might be crucial for getting the first round interview

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UBS.

Interview

The interview was pretty straightforward and comfortable. My interviewer began by telling me about her background and then asked me to do the same. Next came questions about why I wanted to work for UBS, along with questions about my past work experience. The interviewer then gave me a brief description of the position and gave me time to ask questions.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at UBS (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied through my school and received a phone call the next day. There was a phone interview and then 2 rounds of in person interviews. Very casual first interview and the next was a little more intense and skill based type of questions.

Interview Questions

• What was one of your greatest challenges, and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Administrative Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at UBS (Long Beach, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume online and was contacted via email 2 months later. There was no phone screen interview. I met with the complex operation manager a week later. We discussed the position and the requirements for about an hour. She then explained that I was missing one required license and could not be hired to this role without it. That was it.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about UBS? And why did you want to apply for this position?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Typical first round phone interview and then a 3-round superday in the office. Since I was a sophomore, the interview questions were mostly behavioral. Everyone was very friendly so it was a little hard to gauge how well you did.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to make a difficult decision.   Answer Question

S&T Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at UBS.

Interview

Applied through school career center and got an internship. I had the first round interview, and one other at super day 30 minutes phone interview, and in person interview with MD, and other associates/analysts

Equity Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at UBS.

Interview

First give a behavioral interview and then process to an online test.The behavioral questions are about your basic mathematical intuition and may be give you a tiny case to solve. However, the online test seems very strict. I believed I finished them all correctly however I still did not meet the minimum requirement.

Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at UBS.

Interview

Experienced hire interview. I thought everyone I met was really nice. They mostly asked me about my experience and tested on some light technical knowledge. I was very impressed with everyone I interviewed with. It took some time to get back to me with a second round interview and decision.