UBS Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2015

2.9

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UBS.

Interview

The process was pretty straightforward. I applied online through my University, and was contacted a few weeks later. After a phone screen, I went into the office for an in-person interview that was fairly short, maybe 30 min-1 hr. The in-person interview was conversational; I first met with the Office Manager, and then the Financial Advisor I would be working with. Mostly behavioral questions. After the in-person interview I was notified almost immediately.

Summer S&T Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UBS.

Interview

Applied through college and get a phone interview from an alumnus, which doesn't take long 15mins. Got the final round on campus, 3 MD total and last an hour total. The first one is not very friendly, more focus on behavior. The other two is more focus on conversation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?   1 Answer
    • Can you describe this course to me?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UBS.

Interview

Had a direct interview with the financial advisor. She made the position clear. I was a little disappointed that the financial advisor was looking for a somewhat marketing intern. She pretty much asked me behavioral questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Interview was with 2 employees. I was referred by a client and the interview was very comfortable. The interviewers were very professional but also welcoming. Standard questions asked. Didn't expect much experience as I am a college student looking for a summer internship. Somewhat slow follow up. Still waiting for the next steps in the process.

Interview Questions

• What do you think you will be doing as an intern in wealth management at UBS?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Was referred by current intern whose position was opening up. Went to UBS offices and interviewed with financial adviser for about an hour and a half. Contacted me 2 weeks later to say she was making her decision soon. Contacted me again via phone a week later with her final decision.

Interview Questions

• How did your interest in finance start?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

The whole process took about two weeks and consisted of three interviews. Overall great experience and interview had few technical questions. One round, I was interviewed with the assistants so treat them with respect.

Interview Questions

• If you were given $10,000 to invest what would invest in.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at UBS (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was longer than I was expecting. I did not think that it would take over 3 months to complete a background check. The interview itself was difficult, but the rest of the process was rather painless. There was no drug test or any other type of testing required for this job.

Anonymous Employee in Century City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UBS (Century City, CA).

Interview

Great experience, friendly people, and great location. Not a high stress interview. Had initial phone interview then in-person interviews at their offices. Total interview consisted of meetings with 3 people. Process was very pleasant.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UBS.

Interview

3 phone interview, super day with a 45 minute desk shadow and 5 20-min interview, one on one. It's a sales and trading summer analyst position, so why trading why ubs and what's going on in the market.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UBS.

Interview

very lengthy process, it took 2 months, first with HR, ask typical HR questions, then serveral phone interviews for java questions, then onsite interview one on one, and with a group of people.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

did not negotiate, I wish I did, everyone is associate director, if you don't ask, you don't get it. very micro management company, does not like it.