UBS

520 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer Intern-Sales Interview

Summer Intern-Sales

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at UBS.

Interview Details – 15 Minute Phone Call

Interview Question – What do you think the markets will do this year?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Wealth Management Intern Interview

Wealth Management Intern
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at UBS in November 2013.

Interview Details – I received a call from one of the managers and was scheduled for the interview right away. The interview was held in downtown corporate office. Interviewers were extremely nice and chill. Questions were easy. They asked me about my background, previous job experience, school projects, short and long term goals. A day later I received a job offer. The whole hiring process took more than one month. The office who is responsible for a background check is slow.

Interview Question – Have you every had problems with a co-worker? And how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

UBS ECM Summer Analyst Interview

UBS ECM Summer Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at UBS.

Interview Details – I had two rounds, the first one was 2 on 1, on campus. The final round was at their NY office, where I was interviewed by 5 people.
The first round wasn't bad. People were nice and easy to talk to. The only question I should have prepared better for was "tell me about a recent IPO you follow."
After the first interview in the second round, I started to notice that this may not be the best fit for me. The atmosphere on the ECM floor didn't seem as attractive to me as some other places I interviewed with. Also, there was a very heavy focus on markets and what I thought market trends were going to be. Since I wasn't very interested in markets, and was more interested in retail coverage, I didn't do very well on this portion. After the interviews, I think it was a mutual consensus that I would be much happier in retail investment banking.

Interview Question – Some questions from my interview included.
-tell me about yourself
-what's your view on the market in 3-6 months
-what is a risk factor to the ____industry
-tell me about a stock I should invest in
  Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern

Interview Details – in process

Interview Question – It was an on campus interview. All the questions were about my past experiences.   Answer Question

Intern Analyst Interview

Intern Analyst

Interviewed at UBS

Interview Details – College Recruiting, On-campus Interviews, On-site Interviews, Offer.

Interview Question – Group Interviews. Need to stand out. Ask questions when others are quiet.   Answer Question

Fixed-Income Trading Intern Interview

Fixed-Income Trading Intern

Interviewed at UBS

Interview Details – Contacted me when I was still working my summer internship. Had a phone interview on the spot and was invited to interview at their office in Chicago. When I came to their office a 4 weeks later, I waited for half an hour for the interviewer to show. She sounded very apathetic and was clearly not interested. The second interviewer was nicer, and we actually had a pleasant conversation about the stressful environment in the trading industry. I wasn't too surprised, as the culture was exactly like the reviews here, e.g. staff don't even know their interns' names.

Interview Question – Tell me what you know about fixed-income trading   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at UBS.

Interview Details – One round of interviews for fit with Private Wealth Team.

Interview Question – biggest weakness   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation

Wealth Management Intern Interview

Wealth Management Intern
Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at UBS in November 2012.

Interview Details – I emailed the branch manager and he brought me in for an interview. It was pretty straight forward he wanted to get a feel for who I was and if I would be a good employee. I was applying for an internship during a semester of classes so I was only available Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I was asked a lot of questions based on my resume and why I was interested in wealth management...things like that. I was also asked about UBS as a company and what I knew about the current market.

Interview Question – Why Wealth Management?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Financial Advisor Trainee
Fort Worth, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at UBS in October 2013.

Interview Details – Through my network I was referred to the branch manager. I did my interview and was told that he wanted to hire me. I then took an assessment exam that was identical to Morgan Stanley's test. After that there was a business plan assessment (personal). I passed all exams and after a while an offer letter was produced.

Interview Question – Why do you want to be a financial advisor personally? Is it the money? Do you like numbers? What is it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I had a verbal offer from Morgan Stanley so I knew what to expect. I also knew that I came into the bargaining position as an underdog due to lack of experience and education (my degrees are in other subjects). The branch manager stated the offer will be enough to where I will not need to worry about money again. He was right. I actually was shooting for under the amount he offered me based off analyzing my bargaining factors.

Associate Director Interview

Associate Director
Nashville, TN

I applied through other source and interviewed at UBS.

Interview Details – Long hiring process - took over 3 months for a decision

Interview Question – no unusual interview questions - although has to interview with 5+ people in a group type interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – HR contacted me to see if salary level was ok