UBS Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.9

Senior Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UBS.

Interview

very lengthy process, it took 2 months, first with HR, ask typical HR questions, then serveral phone interviews for java questions, then onsite interview one on one, and with a group of people.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

did not negotiate, I wish I did, everyone is associate director, if you don't ask, you don't get it. very micro management company, does not like it.

UBS Wealth Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at UBS.

Interview

Met with the Senior Advisors and they asked me about my professional experience as well as what I knew about Wealth Management. They were more interested in me being passionate about helping them than my experience.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what makes me different from all of the other candidates.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at UBS.

Interview

Applied through online and had a phone interview before being invited to AC. Had to take one numercial test (paper, 20 questions in 20 min). Also had a case study (30 minutes to prepare). Had just one interview all the questions were behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were behavioral so guess the most difficult question was what are the recent trends in the market?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at UBS in January 2015.

Interview

The interview went well but could have gone better if I had been better prepared. I hadn’t interviewed for a finance position in a while. First off I was wearing business casual, and the interview was more formal. Second, they asked me some quant and game questions that I was very rusty on.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what WACC stood for.   1 Answer

Sales & Trading Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UBS in January 2015.

Interview

Recruiter and traders came to campus first for an info session. Invited a select few to dinner that night. Then came to campus a few weeks later and selected students to have informational interviews (which were sort of first round interviews). They selected a few from that pool to ask to dinner that night. Then a month later in January they did a phone interview and three on campus interviews and gave an offer that night.

Interview Questions

• In response to my stock pitch asked which large institutional investors held the stock. Square root of 3? What will happen when interest rates increase? I have a cake, I want eight equal sized pieces and you can only slice three times, how do you slice?   Answer Question

Negotiation

3 Week decision period no negotiation

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at UBS (Nashville, TN) in January 2015.

Interview

After applying online, I was given a coding assignment after being contacted via email. Rather than any sort of phone screening, I was asked to complete a coding exercise first before being allowed to interview on campus. Pending a good review with properly written test cases, I would be contacted for the interview. The assignment consisted of programming a HashMap in Java.

Interview Questions

• Here's the gist: you are to write a program to parse sentences into words and then keep track of the occurrence of each word. So, if the program is fed, "The cow jumped of the moon," every word but 'the' would be given a key of 1, while 'the' would be given a key 2.   Answer Question

Sales & Trading Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UBS.

Interview

Phone interview with MD (few questions on markets and some brainteasers) followed by super day (five interviews and a desk shadow). Overall, the process took about two and a half weeks. Not too bad at all.

Interview Questions

• Some tough brainteasers and stat questions, wasn't grilled on markets   1 Answer

Graduate Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UBS.

Interview

Very nice people and comfortable conversations. Highly approachable and encouraging. Went through 5 rounds of interviews, no technical questions but they really want to make sure they you can fit well in the team and do contribute to the work.

Interview Questions

• Why do you choose UBS? Why this position? What is your strength and weakness?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Took the offer right away. The compensation is quite nice and there is nothing to negotiate about.

Sales and Trading Interview

Interview

focus more on market than other firms everyone at the firm is focused because of the recent downsizing/ However, they are a good group of people trying to do the most they can.

UBS Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at UBS (Minneapolis, MN) in December 2014.

Interview

Sent in resume by referral. Went into office for interview. He talked a lot about the business in terms of what they did and how they did it. He talked far more than I did, it was very unexpected. He even talked about things that were completely irrelevant, it was almost a little uncomfortable. Overall it was a easy interview. He said we would talk soon after.

Interview Questions

• The typical, tell me about yourself (things not on resume)   1 Answer