UBS

Updated Dec 15, 2014
Updated Dec 15, 2014

2.9

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at UBS in March 2014.

I attended an Open House by invitation from a recruiter after I applied online. It was a panel presentation by management in that department and current financial advisors. I found out it was a call center environment.

Interview Questions
    • Recruiter asked "Why UBS", also "Tell me about your background". These are common questions, but I didn't expect a telephone interview. She asked if we could "connect" in an email and I replied that would be fine. She said she would call at a certain time, and called 15 minutes late so I was not expected an interview. I had to take another call and the recruiter hung up. That was actually fine with me, because during the panel presentation, and even during the phone conversation, I'd decided I did not want to go back to a call center environment.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

The hiring process was fairly simple and quick.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

I applied through college or university – interviewed at UBS in March 2014.

Overall the interview process was very nice and everyone was very polite. The recruiters were very helpful in dealing with conflicts and were responsive and very timely. Even my most difficult interviewer was polite. They also had people come in to sit with us while we waited who were very open and willing to answer questions (and share correct answers to keep us from being nervous). The group task was not difficult--you don't need any technical knowledge for it.

Interview Questions
    • My resume was a bit unrelated and I was asked why, given my different experience, I wanted to work there. This might have been due to my previous experience dealing with feminist issues though. No one else seemed to have this issue.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UBS in March 2014.

20 minutes interview

Interview Questions
    • Why sales? Why UBS? Extracurricular activities? Pitch a stock   Answer Question

Wealth Strategy Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Century City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Century City, CA

I applied through other source – interviewed at UBS in March 2014.

Be prepared to work with a recruiter who works with UBS, but not for them. Telephone interview process was initially difficult and tedious. I followed up regularly; however, very little communication from either UBS or the recruiter. In the end, I was strung along, only to not receive an interview.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UBS.

I was referred by a close contact of the lead of the group. Overall it was one phone interview and one large group interview.

Wealth Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at UBS.

I was contacted by an Associate of the firm to come in for an interview in mid December 2013. They were in crisis mode when I had arrived and there was no shaking the interviewers mind off of what was happening outside of the interview. It lasted 10 minutes. She clearly was trying to finish as quickly as possible so she could get back to work.

Quantitative Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at UBS.

Phone interview taking one hour. Mostly questions about my career path/objectives, academic background. General Programming questions about threads, data structures and trading system architecture. A lot of technical questions about how my code would react to a given trading situation. Unfortunately they were looking for someone with more experience for the role.

Interview Questions
    • Very detailed questions about the research I did for my masters thesis, which apparently was the interviewer's area of expertise.   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Technical quant finance questions as well as behavioral.

Summer Intern-Sales Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at UBS.

15 Minute Phone Call