UBS Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

2.9

Sales & Trading Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UBS.

Interview

Phone interview with MD (few questions on markets and some brainteasers) followed by super day (five interviews and a desk shadow). Overall, the process took about two and a half weeks. Not too bad at all.

Interview Questions

• Some tough brainteasers and stat questions, wasn't grilled on markets   1 Answer

Graduate Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UBS.

Interview

Very nice people and comfortable conversations. Highly approachable and encouraging. Went through 5 rounds of interviews, no technical questions but they really want to make sure they you can fit well in the team and do contribute to the work.

Interview Questions

• Why do you choose UBS?
      Why this position?
      What is your strength and weakness?

Answer Question

Negotiation

Took the offer right away. The compensation is quite nice and there is nothing to negotiate about.

Sales and Trading Interview

Interview

focus more on market than other firms
    everyone at the firm is focused because of the recent downsizing/ However, they are a good group of people trying to do the most they can.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at UBS in December 2014.

Interview

There was a campus visit/interview, then I applied online. A few weeks later, I got emailed for a short phone interview with two junior analysts, very casual. They mostly just asked about your resume and a few brainteasers. A week later, I got emailed about the Superday. The Superday consisted of three back-to-back 30 minute interviews (2 fit, 1 technical). The two fit interviews were by the MD and AD. The technical interview was two junior analysts.

Interview Questions

• $10 in depreciation - what happens to the three financial statements.   Answer Question

UBS Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at UBS (Minneapolis, MN) in December 2014.

Interview

Sent in resume by referral. Went into office for interview. He talked a lot about the business in terms of what they did and how they did it. He talked far more than I did, it was very unexpected. He even talked about things that were completely irrelevant, it was almost a little uncomfortable. Overall it was a easy interview. He said we would talk soon after.

Interview Questions

• The typical, tell me about yourself (things not on resume)   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UBS.

Interview

the usual recruiting scheme. first the phone interview and then went to the office for the back to back interviews. the interview was not difficult and a mix of tech and behavior questions.

Interview Questions

• the interview was quite technical and team based. knowing the market would be a plus but running through the resume with a sound story would be a must.   Answer Question

Corp Cash Management Group Interview

Interview

I had one in-office interview with three different people. The questions were very straightforward and simple. I was asked about my work history and what I knew about the company. Each individual I talked to seemed interested in the conversation they were all easy to converse with. Overall, the process was quite simple and quick.

UBS Wealth Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at UBS.

Interview

The interview did not take very long and it was very easy and straight forward. Very unstructured and really just wants to see how one would be at cold calling and client relations. It depends on the team that you interview with as all teams are different.

Interview Questions

• Do you enjoy talking on the phone   1 Answer

Negotiation

Firm

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at UBS in November 2014.

Interview

1. Resume submission
    2. Phone interview with a WM recruiter. He asked, "How would you define integrity" and "How have you seen a breach of integrity in one of your organizations." It was a 30 minute phone interview on all behavioral and "Why UBS/ Wealth Management."
    3. Super Day in their office. Three 30 minute interviews with Executive Directors. They mainly asked behavioral questions and a few scripted questions that HR provided

Interview Questions

• Please elaborate on the riskiness of UBS's Wealth Management practice in relation to the whole bank/ other divisions.   Answer Question

HR was not at all accommodating when I told them I had an outstanding offer and needed to know my decision sooner.

Branch Examiner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UBS (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

After applying for the position, I received an email to set up a phone interview. My phone interview was conducted by a member of the company's New Jersey office and consisted of general interview questions, starting out with "tell me about yourself". This interview lasted about 25 minutes. About a week after the phone interview, I received another email to schedule an in-person interview. This interview focused more on interpersonal and teamwork skills and called for recalling a specific situation that utilized each skill discussed (or how I reacted in the past to certain situations). This interview lasted about half an hour, about ten minutes of which consisted of the interviewer answering my questions about the position.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question I had to answer was why I was applying for this job instead of traditional legal jobs and whether I was comfortable with sticking with this route while giving up the opportunity to pursue the traditional litigation route.   Answer Question