UBS Interview Questions

Updated Oct 15, 2014
Updated Oct 15, 2014

2.9

Summer Intern-Sales Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at UBS.

15 Minute Phone Call

UBS ECM Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at UBS.

I had two rounds, the first one was 2 on 1, on campus. The final round was at their NY office, where I was interviewed by 5 people.
    The first round wasn't bad. People were nice and easy to talk to. The only question I should have prepared better for was "tell me about a recent IPO you follow."
    After the first interview in the second round, I started to notice that this may not be the best fit for me. The atmosphere on the ECM floor didn't seem as attractive to me as some other places I interviewed with. Also, there was a very heavy focus on markets and what I thought market trends were going to be. Since I wasn't very interested in markets, and was more interested in retail coverage, I didn't do very well on this portion. After the interviews, I think it was a mutual consensus that I would be much happier in retail investment banking.

Interview Questions
    • Some questions from my interview included.
      -tell me about yourself
      -what's your view on the market in 3-6 months
      -what is a risk factor to the ____industry
      -tell me about a stock I should invest in
        Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

in process

Interview Questions
    • It was an on campus interview. All the questions were about my past experiences.   Answer Question

Intern Analyst Interview

College Recruiting, On-campus Interviews, On-site Interviews, Offer.

Interview Questions
    • Group Interviews. Need to stand out. Ask questions when others are quiet.   Answer Question

Fixed-Income Trading Intern Interview

Contacted me when I was still working my summer internship. Had a phone interview on the spot and was invited to interview at their office in Chicago. When I came to their office a 4 weeks later, I waited for half an hour for the interviewer to show. She sounded very apathetic and was clearly not interested. The second interviewer was nicer, and we actually had a pleasant conversation about the stressful environment in the trading industry. I wasn't too surprised, as the culture was exactly like the reviews here, e.g. staff don't even know their interns' names.

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at UBS.

One round of interviews for fit with Private Wealth Team.

No Negotiation

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied through other source – interviewed at UBS.

Long hiring process - took over 3 months for a decision

Interview Questions
    • no unusual interview questions - although has to interview with 5+ people in a group type interview   Answer Question
    HR contacted me to see if salary level was ok

Executive Director - Asset Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UBS.

Series of interviews with peer group, MD's and eventually the division head. All very standard questions. No real surprises. Asked about industry contacts, time spent in different areas, technical aspects of various classes. How I felt about relocation, how would I feel about European travel, etc.

Interview Questions
    Direct, although it was with HR, which was strange. Ultimately, I had to explain to the MD what the "deal" was and s/he was not pleased with aspects of it.

Wealth Management Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at UBS.

Initial interview was set up through the phone. Came in to interview a week later. Interview was very relaxed and some what casual. Lasted around 30 minutes. Interviewed with one individual and then a separate interview with another employee. Got my offer in a month's time.

No negotiation. $8/hr as an intern

IT Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weehawken, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weehawken, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UBS in January 2014.

first round at campus second round at the super day in office in New jersey.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly behavioral question like what do you like about ur college ,why did u choose this course , why do u want to join ubs etc, Technical :1)what is used case 2) difference in non functional and function requirements and 3)what are high level and low level requirement 4) what is RACI matrix and tractability matrices etc.   Answer Question

i got a higher paid offer from different company