UBS

Updated Nov 12, 2014

2.9

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UBS.

I was referred by a close contact of the lead of the group. Overall it was one phone interview and one large group interview.

Wealth Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at UBS.

I was contacted by an Associate of the firm to come in for an interview in mid December 2013. They were in crisis mode when I had arrived and there was no shaking the interviewers mind off of what was happening outside of the interview. It lasted 10 minutes. She clearly was trying to finish as quickly as possible so she could get back to work.

Quantitative Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at UBS.

Phone interview taking one hour. Mostly questions about my career path/objectives, academic background. General Programming questions about threads, data structures and trading system architecture. A lot of technical questions about how my code would react to a given trading situation. Unfortunately they were looking for someone with more experience for the role.

Interview Questions
    • Very detailed questions about the research I did for my masters thesis, which apparently was the interviewer's area of expertise.   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Technical quant finance questions as well as behavioral.

Summer Intern-Sales Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at UBS.

15 Minute Phone Call

UBS ECM Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at UBS.

I had two rounds, the first one was 2 on 1, on campus. The final round was at their NY office, where I was interviewed by 5 people.
    The first round wasn't bad. People were nice and easy to talk to. The only question I should have prepared better for was "tell me about a recent IPO you follow."
    After the first interview in the second round, I started to notice that this may not be the best fit for me. The atmosphere on the ECM floor didn't seem as attractive to me as some other places I interviewed with. Also, there was a very heavy focus on markets and what I thought market trends were going to be. Since I wasn't very interested in markets, and was more interested in retail coverage, I didn't do very well on this portion. After the interviews, I think it was a mutual consensus that I would be much happier in retail investment banking.

Interview Questions
    • Some questions from my interview included.
      -tell me about yourself
      -what's your view on the market in 3-6 months
      -what is a risk factor to the ____industry
      -tell me about a stock I should invest in
        Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

in process

Interview Questions
    • It was an on campus interview. All the questions were about my past experiences.   Answer Question

Intern Analyst Interview

College Recruiting, On-campus Interviews, On-site Interviews, Offer.

Interview Questions
    • Group Interviews. Need to stand out. Ask questions when others are quiet.   Answer Question

Fixed-Income Trading Intern Interview

Contacted me when I was still working my summer internship. Had a phone interview on the spot and was invited to interview at their office in Chicago. When I came to their office a 4 weeks later, I waited for half an hour for the interviewer to show. She sounded very apathetic and was clearly not interested. The second interviewer was nicer, and we actually had a pleasant conversation about the stressful environment in the trading industry. I wasn't too surprised, as the culture was exactly like the reviews here, e.g. staff don't even know their interns' names.

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at UBS.

One round of interviews for fit with Private Wealth Team.

No Negotiation