UBS Interview Questions

Updated Jul 2, 2015

2.9

UBS Wealth Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at UBS.

Interview

The interview did not take very long and it was very easy and straight forward. Very unstructured and really just wants to see how one would be at cold calling and client relations. It depends on the team that you interview with as all teams are different.

Interview Questions

• Do you enjoy talking on the phone   1 Answer

Negotiation

Firm

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at UBS in November 2014.

Interview

1. Resume submission
    2. Phone interview with a WM recruiter. He asked, "How would you define integrity" and "How have you seen a breach of integrity in one of your organizations." It was a 30 minute phone interview on all behavioral and "Why UBS/ Wealth Management."
    3. Super Day in their office. Three 30 minute interviews with Executive Directors. They mainly asked behavioral questions and a few scripted questions that HR provided

Interview Questions

• Please elaborate on the riskiness of UBS's Wealth Management practice in relation to the whole bank/ other divisions.   Answer Question

HR was not at all accommodating when I told them I had an outstanding offer and needed to know my decision sooner.

Branch Examiner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UBS (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

After applying for the position, I received an email to set up a phone interview. My phone interview was conducted by a member of the company's New Jersey office and consisted of general interview questions, starting out with "tell me about yourself". This interview lasted about 25 minutes. About a week after the phone interview, I received another email to schedule an in-person interview. This interview focused more on interpersonal and teamwork skills and called for recalling a specific situation that utilized each skill discussed (or how I reacted in the past to certain situations). This interview lasted about half an hour, about ten minutes of which consisted of the interviewer answering my questions about the position.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question I had to answer was why I was applying for this job instead of traditional legal jobs and whether I was comfortable with sticking with this route while giving up the opportunity to pursue the traditional litigation route.   Answer Question

Group Technology Interview

Interview

The interview process was very enjoyable. There were no curveball questions, mostly behavioral and getting to know me. They just wanted to see if I'd be a good fit at the company based on personality and obvious work ethic.

Negotiation

No negotiation

UBS Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Interview

Interview was very informal, not technical at all. Conversation was very laid back, they explained the job and went over when they would need me to work. Ended up getting the job and have learned alot

Interview Questions

• How well do you work in teams? was also asked to go into detail about my prior work experience   Answer Question

PWM Interview

Interview

Got in touch with a few people working at firm, lucky to have my resume passed up to the Branch Director within a few days. Phone interview was easy and two days later was offered

Group Technology Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at UBS.

Interview

First Interview was a typical on campus interview. Lots of behavioral and fit type questions to see how one would interact if given a position within the company. Second interview was a superday at UBS. The only technical questions that were asked dealt with the technology used in previous work experience.

Investment Banking Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UBS in October 2014.

Interview

Was reached out to via email saying I had a first round interview on campus, got to the interview and sat down with an MD. He was kind and informal but did not ask me one investment banking question. Instead we just discussed life goals and any questions I had. I asked a few relevant questions and was told I would hear back in a few weeks. Heard back and then declined in lieu of a better offer.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 10 years? Was told to say literally anything; he would not judge me...   1 Answer

Had a better offer that I accepted.

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at UBS (Boston, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

Sent resume through school recruiter and they visited campus for one day a week later. 30 minute one on one with a Credit Officer who works in NYC office. Very nice conversation with him introducing himself and his team's work and how the intern gets to support that team. HR called next day with offer.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 metrics that could be used for credit analysis?   1 Answer
    • What is the basic difference between traditional lending and asset based lending?   1 Answer

Wealth Strategy Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at UBS (Miami, FL).

Interview

Applied online, received an email for a phone interview two weeks later. Long turn around time between application and next steps. be patient. Phone interviews are difficult, be sure to be in a quiet room with no distractions and headphones to make it easier to listen. questions were based mostly going over your resume so be prepared to discuss any and all points in further detail.