UBS

Getting the Interview

502 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at UBS.

Interview Details – On campus recruiting. Two 1 on 1 interviews.

Interview Question – Basic Behavioral   Answer Question

Wealth Management Internship Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UBS in January 2013.

Interview Details – Completely behavioral and two very comfortable phone conversations. Tell your story well and weave your interest in Wealth Management into it. Ask good questions and be sure to do your research beforehand. If you can have at least one conversation with someone who has worked there or in the WM industry, you will have a much better idea of what you're talking about and whether or not you are genuinely interested.

Interview Question – In response to a question I asked, the interviewer proceeded to tell me about her day to day tasks and how that fits in to the two internship tracks. She then asked me which one I thought would suit me better. I was too worried about what I was going to say next that I failed to completely pay attention to what she was saying. I somewhat stumbled to answer the question. Lesson learned: ALWAYS LISTEN WELL.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 3 weeks to review the offer

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and interviewed at UBS.

Interview Details – 2 Rounds of interview. 1st Round is phone interview with one or two analysts, 2nd round is AC.

Interview Question – Stock pitch(not usual for IBD)   Answer Question

Production Support Interview

New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at UBS in September 2013.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview first than a face to face a week later

Interview Question – What are our greatest weaknesses.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Sales Assistant Interview

Darien, CT

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at UBS.

Interview Details – brokers assistant,handled day to day daily trades and all back office work

Interview Question – dealing with rude clients   View Answer

Negotiation Details – based on my experience

UBS Wealth Management Intern

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at UBS in May 2012.

Interview Details – I had only one interview on location with a Client Service representative. The CSA asked general questions about my resume and interests. After that I had a one-on-one interview with 3 different Financial Advisors and they asked more job specific and technical questions.

Interview Question – None of the questions were unexpected.   Answer Question

Director - Senior Java Developer Interview

Jersey City, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UBS in September 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through recruiter. Interview consisted of very technical phone screening, then I was given coding exercise - write thread safe word count function (the solution had to include bunch of unit tests). After the hiring manager had reviewed the solution I was asked to come for face to face interview. There were 2 people in the room including the hiring manager going over my background. After a background discussion I was asked to do pair-programming exercise.

Interview Question – There weren't difficult questions, however, the team was oriented towards test driven development so you have to have right experience and mindset.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Intern Interview

San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at UBS in May 2011.

Interview Details – Brief phone interview followed by filling out some forms and going in for a meeting which was them telling me the job description etc.

UBS Wealth Management Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at UBS.

Interview Details – You go in and take a very basic personality type interview. Basic tell me about yourself type questions. Eventually they throw a curve ball and all you have to do is just answer without over thinking.

Interview Question – Why are sewer manholes round?   View Answer

Interviewed at UBS

Interview Details – Started with applying through my school's career website. After sending in the resume, I received a phone call for an interview at the office. The position switched to a paid one, so the interview consists of two rounds instead of one like before. The first one is with the associate; the next round is with the MD.

Interview Question – Tell me about your proficiency in Excel   Answer Question