UBS Investment Bank Interview Questions in City of London, England

3.5

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Director - IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at UBS Investment Bank in July 2010.

A phone interview with the hiring manager, followed by a face to face interview with the hiring manager then face to face with one or more senior people from Operations and/or other areas of IT. Finally, an interview with HR. If successful, HR & the agency negotiate - HR are given salary limits and Office Title limits by the Hiring Manager or their Manager. Offer is typically take it or leave it - there is no further negotiation at this stage.

Interview Questions
    • At the end of a log, drawn out discussion about how to handle the situation where someone in my team has made an error that had a significant impact, we arrived at the "Ultimately, I carry the can" there was the "How would you feel if we were either going to fire you or you had to sacrifice the employee that made the error" bit... that is a bit tricky without the full background and actually "being there" so you have to take a gamble.   View Answer
    Negotiation was brief for me and was done with HR. It was then handed over to the agent to do further with HR (you can be more candid with the agent). Once the offer is through, though, there is no further negotiation. It is a take it or leave it offer.

GSE Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at UBS Investment Bank in February 2012.

Assessment test was a paper based one from SHL direct. Interview was competency based - tell me about a time you did 'x' etc. Interview also included a brain-teaser - 9 balls, each weighs the same except one, how do you find the one that weighs differently in one measure with a balance/scales.

Interview Questions
    • 9 production lines in a factory making pills, each pill should weigh 1 gram but one line has a defect and is producing pills of 1.1 grams; how do you find the line with the defect with only one chance of using a weighing scales?   View Answer

Operations Graduate Training Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at UBS Investment Bank in January 2011.

The interviewer was a line manager, he was quite nice and friendly. He asked typical questions, like why UBS, why Operations etc. After one day I got a call from HR telling me that I passed the first round will have my assessment centre one month later.

Technology Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England (UK)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at UBS Investment Bank in November 2009.

It was challenging experience as many people were not accepted. At the beginning of the interview day we had numerical test and programming aptitude test. Later only best performers were allowed for interviews with line managers. There were three tasks. First was Group interview (board meeting), later we had direct interview with line manager and finally a presentation on a given topic. All tasks were evaluated by different people. Impression after visiting UBS was downright positive.

Interview Questions

Worked for UBS Investment Bank? Contribute to the Community!