UBS Investment Bank

Updated Dec 9, 2014
Updated Dec 9, 2014

3.1

Financial Services Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at UBS Investment Bank.

Received Interview opportunity through family friend. Interviewed by 3 employees at once. Very friendly, just asked basic questions about my resume and knowledge of the financial industry. Then was given a tour of the building and met with the branch manager. Was Hired a few days later. Whole process took about 3-4 weeks.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UBS Investment Bank.

Nothing too complicated or out of the ordinary. Received a phone interview or two in which they asked general questions about UBS, banking, my resume and a few questions about the market. The superday consisted of a group discussion component, a presentation and two interviews. Interviews a little more technical. The presentation was like a case study from consulting interviews. The group discussion was aimed at getting us to work together, but I don't think we did too well on that.

Went to grad school.

Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at UBS Investment Bank.

Took several months due to summer lull. They came back with all their internal approvals and made a very strong offer when they were ready to move. It all came down to supply and demand. They need the skills I had and liked my strong background personality and presence.

Interview Questions
    • None, pretty typical questions regarding the area I specialize in.   Answer Question
    They came in 5% higher what I was asking. I believe to make up for the fact they have a very costly benefits platform.

Corporate Cash Management (Investment Associate) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

interviewed at UBS Investment Bank in October 2014.

The interview was the most absurd thing I have experienced especially from a large firm like UBS. I was only told vague details about the role and what it included, even after multiple attempts to contact the in-house UBS recruiter.

Upon arrival I was told that the person interviewing me just got their lunch and would be a while; and also that they did this frequently. I asked again more detail about the role so I could discuss it, and was told not to worry and only mention that the interviewer was on the Barons top 100 and they like to hear people talk about it.

I then took a seat in a conference room and waited thirty minutes and nobody showed up; so I left. Over an hour past that the recruiter left a voice mail wondering where I went; meaning they did not know I left until almost two hours past the original interview time.

I have never seen anything like this before, and was warned prior to the interview to avoid this position,person, and UBS. I wanted to form my own opinion therefore ignored the advice and discovered this.

Intern Interview

The interview process took a great deal of legwork from the student side. This included many emails and follow up phone calls just to get a sit down interview with an employee. I think the experience was good overall, but it definitely was a stress interview...somewhat technical.

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at UBS Investment Bank.

Pretty straightforward. First, behavioral interview on campus with a HR lady (super nice!). There were some technical questions like "What does GC mean?" etc. and other really easy ones. Then on the super day two interviews back to back with different Software Engineers. They asked technical questions and stuff, very easy coding stuff.

No negotiation

Analyst Interview

Phone interview and 3 rounds of interviews with other analysts and directors. It was quite the experience. Extremely rigorous format with what seemed like consecutive interviews for an entire work day. The final interviews were more about personality and ability to converse and interact with others in the work place.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult questions were involving the analysis of the financial statements. They expected you to be able to come up with a detailed analysis within minutes of seeing the data.   Answer Question

Associate Equity Research Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at UBS Investment Bank.

Good, to rounds, one HR one technical. They asked about valuation and DCF, sector knowledge.
    It was not too difficult. Pretty straight forward process. received offer on the spot. UBS was very prompt with the hiring process.

Valuation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at UBS Investment Bank in July 2014.

I applied through the company website and received an email from a recruiter within week with a phone interview details. Two guys with a one year experience at UBS contacted me at the scheduled time. The interview was for about 15-20 min. Not a difficult one but one of the guys tried to get me tricked. They asked questions about my experience, my knowledge of investment banking, valuation, Excel.

Human Resources Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at UBS Investment Bank.

Seemed a little unorganized. Were helpful and communicative if I had any questions, but every step of the process seemed last minute on their part, from scheduling interviews to scheduling flights. Seemed inconsistent. Some interviewers warm, friendly, and welcoming, while others were not too receptive. This made it difficult to get a good read on their culture and the type of candidate the organization was seeking.

Interview Questions
    • Asked a lot of "yes or no", which seemed a little odd. For example, "would you be comfortable firing someone?"   Answer Question