UBS Investment Bank

Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Advisor Interview

Financial Advisor
Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at UBS Investment Bank in June 2014.

Interview Details – Met with the Senior Vice President and First Vice President to discuss a potential position. I knew them both well before the process and the interview was light and direct. Very personable and enjoyable people to be around. I did not have any technical or analytical questions to answer. It was a positive experience and something that I would recommend for some one who has no problem with risk or a good group of wealthy contacts.

Interview Question – What makes you a good fit as a financial planner? Do you already have a client-base in place?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had another opportunity with higher pay and more stability in salary.

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Weehawken, NJ

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at UBS Investment Bank in May 2013.

Interview Details – No department for onboarding process. Took three weeks for everything to setup and be able to start doing my job. The position for London was much better conducted and organized because they had a process. For the US positions it was cut throat no one wanted to take the time

Negotiation Details – Not Applicable

Associate Equity Research Associate Interview

Associate Equity Research Associate

I applied through college or university and interviewed at UBS Investment Bank.

Interview Details – Good, to rounds, one HR one technical. They asked about valuation and DCF, sector knowledge.
It was not too difficult. Pretty straight forward process. received offer on the spot. UBS was very prompt with the hiring process.

Interview Question – Why UBS   View Answer

Human Resources Analyst Interview

Human Resources Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at UBS Investment Bank.

Interview Details – Seemed a little unorganized. Were helpful and communicative if I had any questions, but every step of the process seemed last minute on their part, from scheduling interviews to scheduling flights. Seemed inconsistent. Some interviewers warm, friendly, and welcoming, while others were not too receptive. This made it difficult to get a good read on their culture and the type of candidate the organization was seeking.

Interview Question – Asked a lot of "yes or no", which seemed a little odd. For example, "would you be comfortable firing someone?"   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at UBS Investment Bank in September 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online; following a phone screen was invited in for face to face interview at fairly sr level. Was asked to continue to next steps and had 3rd round as a phone interview with Sr leader in different location than first meeting. Discussions went well, but very little communication ...then told requisitions were still not officially approved and "stand by". Never heard back.

Interview Question – Very simple, straight forward questioning. Nothing difficult or challenging about the interview process with very pleasant, sr folks.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Stamford, CT

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at UBS Investment Bank in January 2010.

Interview Details – This was a phone hire

Interview Question – Ranking, Analytical functions and Partitioning tables, some of the more suitable for DBA quesitons where put forth for a developer position   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Since it was a contract/consulting position, the intermediate agency was the one to negotiate with , and managed to get a few tens of dollars increased in the daily rate.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Quantitative Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at UBS Investment Bank in March 2014.

Interview Details – Got a phone call from the recruiter one month after I applied. Met onsite with two senior managers. Talked for almost 1.5 hours. Then got no feedback.

Interview Question – Everything is basic.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst At UBS IB Interview

Summer Analyst At UBS IB

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at UBS Investment Bank.

Interview Details – Got a call from Associate Director for phone interview, but was not selected for Super Day.

Interview Question – Why only you?   Answer Question

Equity Research Associate Interview

Equity Research Associate

Interviewed at UBS Investment Bank

Interview Details – Brought me in on three different occasions. Got along well with hiring manager, but they opted for the candidate with more developed credentials. Fairly transparent, but no final notification that I did not receive the job?

Interview Question – Easy exam.   Answer Question

Full Time Analyst Interview

Full Time Analyst

Interviewed at UBS Investment Bank

Interview Details – I submitted my resume through an employee I know at the bank. I then was contacted a couple of weeks later by HR asking if I could do an interview with one of the analysts. I scheduled the interview by emailing him directly. The interview itself included two different analysts from two different groups. One male and one female. It was mostly fit questions and didnt really touch on technicals as much. I unfortunately did not get asked to proceed to final round.

Interview Question – If the enterprise value of company is X, what would I pay for it in a LBO transaction?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at UBS Investment Bank

Worked for UBS Investment Bank? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at UBS Investment Bank interview questions and advice. All 108 interview reviews posted anonymously by UBS Investment Bank employees and interview candidates.