UBS Investment Bank Interview Questions

Updated Jun 15, 2015

3.1

Interview

First round was a phone interview with two bankers. It consisted of mostly technical questions with very few behavioral questions. Most of the technical questions are fairly standard from 400 questions.

Sales and Trading Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at UBS Investment Bank.

Interview

College application. 30 minutes Phone interview, but in fact just 15 minutes. Campus Interview including 2 30-minutes interviews. One is with a department manager or VP. The other is with 2 associates.

Interview Questions

• The VP asked me behavorial questions, such as why you want to do something. He also asked many mental math questions and brain teasers. I am stuck in the brain teasers. The other interview is more about resume. They almost asked all experience in my resume. If they are interested, they may continue to ask.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

Made cold calls, no finance background needed. Was given a spreadsheet of numbers for a huge firm and dialed up and down. Had no success initially but they just wanted to see if I was comfortable on the phone.

Got a phone call from them later in the day for an offer and sat on it for 2 days before I countered via email. Very open and understanding.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

min wage, countered with $12, settled at $10

Interview

This is my first round of interview, so everything went smooth. Just basic questions like going through the resume and behavioral questions. No big deal. Wish everyone the best of luck and happy holiday.

Interview

This is my first round of interview, so everything went smooth. I was asked to go through my resume for her and then I was asked some behavioral questions regarding leadership. No big deal. Wish everybody the best of luck.

Interview

I was a part of the accelerated cycle. It was not too challenging; two behavioral interviews and one technical interview. Just try your best to be personable as well as professional.

Financial Services Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at UBS Investment Bank.

Interview

Received Interview opportunity through family friend. Interviewed by 3 employees at once. Very friendly, just asked basic questions about my resume and knowledge of the financial industry. Then was given a tour of the building and met with the branch manager. Was Hired a few days later. Whole process took about 3-4 weeks.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UBS Investment Bank.

Interview

Nothing too complicated or out of the ordinary. Received a phone interview or two in which they asked general questions about UBS, banking, my resume and a few questions about the market. The superday consisted of a group discussion component, a presentation and two interviews. Interviews a little more technical. The presentation was like a case study from consulting interviews. The group discussion was aimed at getting us to work together, but I don't think we did too well on that.

Went to grad school.

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at UBS Investment Bank.

Interview

Took several months due to summer lull. They came back with all their internal approvals and made a very strong offer when they were ready to move. It all came down to supply and demand. They need the skills I had and liked my strong background personality and presence.

Interview Questions

• None, pretty typical questions regarding the area I specialize in.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They came in 5% higher what I was asking. I believe to make up for the fact they have a very costly benefits platform.

Application

interviewed at UBS Investment Bank (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview was the most absurd thing I have experienced especially from a large firm like UBS. I was only told vague details about the role and what it included, even after multiple attempts to contact the in-house UBS recruiter.

Upon arrival I was told that the person interviewing me just got their lunch and would be a while; and also that they did this frequently. I asked again more detail about the role so I could discuss it, and was told not to worry and only mention that the interviewer was on the Barons top 100 and they like to hear people talk about it.

I then took a seat in a conference room and waited thirty minutes and nobody showed up; so I left. Over an hour past that the recruiter left a voice mail wondering where I went; meaning they did not know I left until almost two hours past the original interview time.

I have never seen anything like this before, and was warned prior to the interview to avoid this position,person, and UBS. I wanted to form my own opinion therefore ignored the advice and discovered this.