UBS Investment Bank Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

3.1

Compliance Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at UBS Investment Bank (New York, NY).

Interview

A professional interview process with friendly staff and managers who asked questions that were fair to the interviewees. Managing Directors took a lot of their time to interview you to make sure they were getting the right person from a professional and personal standpoint. HR was great and communicated well throughout process.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to leave your current job? What do you envision you will look to achieve in your first 30 days? Describe a project you recently worked on?   Answer Question

Business Risk Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at UBS Investment Bank (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Everything went pretty smoothly. Applies for job on a Saturday, did phone screening on a Tuesday, had onsite interview the next week and was told I would be a good candidate for the position the next day after the interview. After that hiring process took several weeks but I was kept informed throughout the whole process.

Interview Questions

Interview

First round was a phone interview with two bankers. It consisted of mostly technical questions with very few behavioral questions. Most of the technical questions are fairly standard from 400 questions.

Sales and Trading Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at UBS Investment Bank.

Interview

College application. 30 minutes Phone interview, but in fact just 15 minutes. Campus Interview including 2 30-minutes interviews. One is with a department manager or VP. The other is with 2 associates.

Interview Questions

• The VP asked me behavorial questions, such as why you want to do something. He also asked many mental math questions and brain teasers. I am stuck in the brain teasers. The other interview is more about resume. They almost asked all experience in my resume. If they are interested, they may continue to ask.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

Made cold calls, no finance background needed. Was given a spreadsheet of numbers for a huge firm and dialed up and down. Had no success initially but they just wanted to see if I was comfortable on the phone. Got a phone call from them later in the day for an offer and sat on it for 2 days before I countered via email. Very open and understanding.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

min wage, countered with $12, settled at $10

Interview

This is my first round of interview, so everything went smooth. Just basic questions like going through the resume and behavioral questions. No big deal. Wish everyone the best of luck and happy holiday.

Interview

This is my first round of interview, so everything went smooth. I was asked to go through my resume for her and then I was asked some behavioral questions regarding leadership. No big deal. Wish everybody the best of luck.

Interview

I was a part of the accelerated cycle. It was not too challenging; two behavioral interviews and one technical interview. Just try your best to be personable as well as professional.

Financial Services Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at UBS Investment Bank.

Interview

Received Interview opportunity through family friend. Interviewed by 3 employees at once. Very friendly, just asked basic questions about my resume and knowledge of the financial industry. Then was given a tour of the building and met with the branch manager. Was Hired a few days later. Whole process took about 3-4 weeks.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UBS Investment Bank.

Interview

Nothing too complicated or out of the ordinary. Received a phone interview or two in which they asked general questions about UBS, banking, my resume and a few questions about the market. The superday consisted of a group discussion component, a presentation and two interviews. Interviews a little more technical. The presentation was like a case study from consulting interviews. The group discussion was aimed at getting us to work together, but I don't think we did too well on that.

Went to grad school.