UBS Investment Bank Interview Questions

Updated Apr 26, 2015

3.1

Intern Interview

Interview

The interview process took a great deal of legwork from the student side. This included many emails and follow up phone calls just to get a sit down interview with an employee. I think the experience was good overall, but it definitely was a stress interview...somewhat technical.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at UBS Investment Bank.

Interview

Pretty straightforward. First, behavioral interview on campus with a HR lady (super nice!). There were some technical questions like "What does GC mean?" etc. and other really easy ones. Then on the super day two interviews back to back with different Software Engineers. They asked technical questions and stuff, very easy coding stuff.

Negotiation

No negotiation

Analyst Interview

Interview

Phone interview and 3 rounds of interviews with other analysts and directors. It was quite the experience. Extremely rigorous format with what seemed like consecutive interviews for an entire work day. The final interviews were more about personality and ability to converse and interact with others in the work place.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult questions were involving the analysis of the financial statements. They expected you to be able to come up with a detailed analysis within minutes of seeing the data.   Answer Question

Associate Equity Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at UBS Investment Bank.

Interview

Good, to rounds, one HR one technical. They asked about valuation and DCF, sector knowledge.
    It was not too difficult. Pretty straight forward process. received offer on the spot. UBS was very prompt with the hiring process.

Valuation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at UBS Investment Bank (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied through the company website and received an email from a recruiter within week with a phone interview details. Two guys with a one year experience at UBS contacted me at the scheduled time. The interview was for about 15-20 min. Not a difficult one but one of the guys tried to get me tricked. They asked questions about my experience, my knowledge of investment banking, valuation, Excel.

Human Resources Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at UBS Investment Bank (New York, NY).

Interview

Seemed a little unorganized. Were helpful and communicative if I had any questions, but every step of the process seemed last minute on their part, from scheduling interviews to scheduling flights. Seemed inconsistent. Some interviewers warm, friendly, and welcoming, while others were not too receptive. This made it difficult to get a good read on their culture and the type of candidate the organization was seeking.

Interview Questions

• Asked a lot of "yes or no", which seemed a little odd. For example, "would you be comfortable firing someone?"   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UBS Investment Bank (Atlanta, GA) in June 2014.

Interview

Met with the Senior Vice President and First Vice President to discuss a potential position. I knew them both well before the process and the interview was light and direct. Very personable and enjoyable people to be around. I did not have any technical or analytical questions to answer. It was a positive experience and something that I would recommend for some one who has no problem with risk or a good group of wealthy contacts.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good fit as a financial planner? Do you already have a client-base in place?   Answer Question

I had another opportunity with higher pay and more stability in salary.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at UBS Investment Bank.

Interview

Got a call from Associate Director for phone interview, but was not selected for Super Day.

Interview Questions

Interview

Brought me in on three different occasions. Got along well with hiring manager, but they opted for the candidate with more developed credentials. Fairly transparent, but no final notification that I did not receive the job?

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UBS Investment Bank (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Got a phone call from the recruiter one month after I applied. Met onsite with two senior managers. Talked for almost 1.5 hours. Then got no feedback.