UBS Investment Bank Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

3.1

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at UBS Investment Bank (Madison, WI).

Interview

I found out about the job through my school employer, I emailed my resume and signed up for an interview time.
    The interview date came, I drove to Madison and meet one of the owners and last years intern. The woman was nice, told about herself and her husband and how the company came to be and about the company. Then asked me to tell her about myself and explain my resume.

Interview Questions

• She gave a scenario question that I didn't know how to answer   Answer Question

Spring Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at UBS Investment Bank in February 2014.

Interview

The only interview required was a 20 minute phone interview. The interviewer was very clear the formulation of her questions, which was very helpful. As someone with little banking experience, it was fairly intimidating and there was a level of detail in the questions about the banking industry that made the process difficult.

Interview Questions

• If you were given 1 million pounds what would you invest it it? What do you think has been the most significant event in the banking industry in the last 2 years?   Answer Question

Emerging Talents Program Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UBS Investment Bank (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone screen with HR, final round Superday with three interviewers in different groups at the company

Ops - Non Officer (Before the Mortgage Crisis) Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at UBS Investment Bank (Stamford, CT).

Interview

Phone, and then in person with HR and hiring managers

Interview Questions

• It's been a while since my interview, don't quite recall so couldn't have been that bad!   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary, moving expenses

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at UBS Investment Bank (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

Was fast tracked to an accelerated Superday specifically for previous sophomore interns. Superday with 3 groups meant to focus on specific areas (technical, behavioral, etc). Last interview went 15 minutes over allotted time and I was grilled on technicals I did not know (coming from liberal arts school - had glanced over vault/WSJ before but they asked total tossups). Two of the interviews were group interviews with 2 interviewers. A couple of the interviewers were nice, the rest were not.

Interview Questions

• Your resume screams x, so why don't you want to go into x instead of banking?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at UBS Investment Bank (San Diego, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Interview took place a week after submitting cover letter/resume through school career website. The interview was on their office in San Diego, 1 on 1. You will be simply working under a financial manager.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really difficult or unexpected. Simple interview so the interviewer can see more of your personality.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at UBS Investment Bank (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied through recruiter, took about a week

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at UBS Investment Bank (New York, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

Applied online; following a phone screen was invited in for face to face interview at fairly sr level. Was asked to continue to next steps and had 3rd round as a phone interview with Sr leader in different location than first meeting. Discussions went well, but very little communication ...then told requisitions were still not officially approved and "stand by". Never heard back.

Interview Questions

• Very simple, straight forward questioning. Nothing difficult or challenging about the interview process with very pleasant, sr folks.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at UBS Investment Bank (Weehawken, NJ) in May 2013.

Interview

No department for onboarding process. Took three weeks for everything to setup and be able to start doing my job. The position for London was much better conducted and organized because they had a process. For the US positions it was cut throat no one wanted to take the time

Negotiation

Not Applicable

Software Developer Interview

Interview

1 round oncampus interview + half day onsite. first round was only very basic question, and onsite has 2 round of tech coding and 1 round of behavior and a group discussion. I got this as a internship offer, after internship they will give some full time offer, which is very good.