UBS Investment Bank

3.1

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at UBS Investment Bank in October 2013.

Interview took place a week after submitting cover letter/resume through school career website. The interview was on their office in San Diego, 1 on 1. You will be simply working under a financial manager.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really difficult or unexpected. Simple interview so the interviewer can see more of your personality.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at UBS Investment Bank in October 2013.

Applied through recruiter, took about a week

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at UBS Investment Bank in September 2013.

Applied online; following a phone screen was invited in for face to face interview at fairly sr level. Was asked to continue to next steps and had 3rd round as a phone interview with Sr leader in different location than first meeting. Discussions went well, but very little communication ...then told requisitions were still not officially approved and "stand by". Never heard back.

Interview Questions
    • Very simple, straight forward questioning. Nothing difficult or challenging about the interview process with very pleasant, sr folks.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weehawken, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weehawken, NJ

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at UBS Investment Bank in May 2013.

No department for onboarding process. Took three weeks for everything to setup and be able to start doing my job. The position for London was much better conducted and organized because they had a process. For the US positions it was cut throat no one wanted to take the time

Not Applicable

Software Developer Interview

1 round oncampus interview + half day onsite. first round was only very basic question, and onsite has 2 round of tech coding and 1 round of behavior and a group discussion. I got this as a internship offer, after internship they will give some full time offer, which is very good.

Summer Analyst At UBS IB Interview

phone interview

Interview Questions
    • talking about a recent deal, technical finance questions   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at UBS Investment Bank in February 2013.

First round phone interview followed by superday at NY office. First round consisted of fit questions, accounting questions and questions about current macro economy. Superday consisted of 4 20-30 minutes interviews. All fit questions, nothing technical, although that could be because I came from a non-business school. Could be different for business students.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at UBS Investment Bank in February 2013.

Flew into the New York office for super day. Had 3 interviews back to back. 2 of the 3 were with pairs of Associates at the firm. One was with VP. Interviewers were very friendly, genuine people. They were not 'cut-throat' at all as what people think of at major investment banks. Asked me to run through a DCF, speak about how to value a coffee shop on the corner of two busy streets in manhattan, and run through how depreciation is adjusted in the financial statements. The rest of the questions were really trying to gauge if I was truly interested in IB and had my story straight/could speak fully about my past experiences.

Interview Questions
    • The hardest would have been to speak about how depreciation affects the 3 financial statements..which was really not hard at all.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at UBS Investment Bank in February 2012.

Was referred by current analyst in the team outside of the regular recruiting cycle when a slot opportunistically opened up. The process consisted of one phone interview that was mostly behavioral oriented, and one in-person interview at UBS' office in new york with 4 interviewers and a mix of behavioral and technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions about interest in the job, background, and valuation methodologies   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at UBS Investment Bank in January 2012.

The communications and interview set up with the company were very professional. The interview was a 30 minute interview. They started out asking about myself and my resume and what classes I liked and didn't like in college. Then they went on to ask technical questions. They were helpful and explained if I didn't get an answer completely right. They also did a great job of explaining their roles at UBS and why they liked their jobs.

Interview Questions
    • How would you value a coke machine?   Answer Question
    • If a company purchase a bike, how would it affect the three main financial statements?   Answer Question