UBS Investment Bank Interview Questions in New York City, NY

3.2

25 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Valuation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at UBS Investment Bank in July 2014.

I applied through the company website and received an email from a recruiter within week with a phone interview details. Two guys with a one year experience at UBS contacted me at the scheduled time. The interview was for about 15-20 min. Not a difficult one but one of the guys tried to get me tricked. They asked questions about my experience, my knowledge of investment banking, valuation, Excel.

Human Resources Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at UBS Investment Bank.

Seemed a little unorganized. Were helpful and communicative if I had any questions, but every step of the process seemed last minute on their part, from scheduling interviews to scheduling flights. Seemed inconsistent. Some interviewers warm, friendly, and welcoming, while others were not too receptive. This made it difficult to get a good read on their culture and the type of candidate the organization was seeking.

Interview Questions
    • Asked a lot of "yes or no", which seemed a little odd. For example, "would you be comfortable firing someone?"   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UBS Investment Bank in March 2014.

Got a phone call from the recruiter one month after I applied. Met onsite with two senior managers. Talked for almost 1.5 hours. Then got no feedback.

Emerging Talents Program Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UBS Investment Bank.

Phone screen with HR, final round Superday with three interviewers in different groups at the company

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source – interviewed at UBS Investment Bank in November 2013.

Was fast tracked to an accelerated Superday specifically for previous sophomore interns. Superday with 3 groups meant to focus on specific areas (technical, behavioral, etc). Last interview went 15 minutes over allotted time and I was grilled on technicals I did not know (coming from liberal arts school - had glanced over vault/WSJ before but they asked total tossups). Two of the interviews were group interviews with 2 interviewers. A couple of the interviewers were nice, the rest were not.

Interview Questions
    • Your resume screams x, so why don't you want to go into x instead of banking?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at UBS Investment Bank in October 2013.

Applied through recruiter, took about a week

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at UBS Investment Bank in September 2013.

Applied online; following a phone screen was invited in for face to face interview at fairly sr level. Was asked to continue to next steps and had 3rd round as a phone interview with Sr leader in different location than first meeting. Discussions went well, but very little communication ...then told requisitions were still not officially approved and "stand by". Never heard back.

Interview Questions
    • Very simple, straight forward questioning. Nothing difficult or challenging about the interview process with very pleasant, sr folks.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weehawken, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weehawken, NJ

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at UBS Investment Bank in May 2013.

No department for onboarding process. Took three weeks for everything to setup and be able to start doing my job. The position for London was much better conducted and organized because they had a process. For the US positions it was cut throat no one wanted to take the time

Not Applicable

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at UBS Investment Bank in February 2013.

First round phone interview followed by superday at NY office. First round consisted of fit questions, accounting questions and questions about current macro economy. Superday consisted of 4 20-30 minutes interviews. All fit questions, nothing technical, although that could be because I came from a non-business school. Could be different for business students.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at UBS Investment Bank in February 2013.

Flew into the New York office for super day. Had 3 interviews back to back. 2 of the 3 were with pairs of Associates at the firm. One was with VP. Interviewers were very friendly, genuine people. They were not 'cut-throat' at all as what people think of at major investment banks. Asked me to run through a DCF, speak about how to value a coffee shop on the corner of two busy streets in manhattan, and run through how depreciation is adjusted in the financial statements. The rest of the questions were really trying to gauge if I was truly interested in IB and had my story straight/could speak fully about my past experiences.

Interview Questions
    • The hardest would have been to speak about how depreciation affects the 3 financial statements..which was really not hard at all.   Answer Question