UBS Investment Bank Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

2 interviews

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at UBS Investment Bank in December 2011.

Submitted my resume/cover letter through school's career page, but I don't think that's how I got the interview. They were on campus and I went out with a few of their reps to dinner and bars after an information session; I was told that night I'd get an interview.

There were two phone interviews, mostly behavioral with one or two markets related questions. I was then invited to the Superday, which consisted of six 30-minute interviews, back to back. Again, the interviews were mostly behavioral but a little bit more geared toward market-based questions. One guy asked me what stocks I was following, to which I had no good answer. Luckily the next interviewer came in just in time to interrupt us. I also got a really easy probability question from one of the interviewers.

Interview Questions
  • This wasn't difficult, but it's the only specific question I can remember.

You're playing basketball and you're down by 2. You know you can hit a 2-pointer to tie the game with 28% probability, and then go on to win the game in overtime with 50% probability. Alternatively, you know you can hit a 3-pointer and win with 15% probability. Which do you take?
      View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for UBS Investment Bank

Summer Analyst Sales and Trading Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Hongguangnongchang (China)
    Anonymous Employee in Hongguangnongchang (China)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at UBS Investment Bank in October 2010.

The guy just asked a few questions related to my resume. Other than that there were two Probability based questions. And also a few questions on Statistics.

Interview Questions

Worked for UBS Investment Bank? Contribute to the Community!