UBS Investment Bank
www.ibb.ubs.com London, United Kingdom 5000+ Employees

UBS Investment Bank Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at UBS Investment Bank in December 2011.

Interview Details – Submitted my resume/cover letter through school's career page, but I don't think that's how I got the interview. They were on campus and I went out with a few of their reps to dinner and bars after an information session; I was told that night I'd get an interview.

There were two phone interviews, mostly behavioral with one or two markets related questions. I was then invited to the Superday, which consisted of six 30-minute interviews, back to back. Again, the interviews were mostly behavioral but a little bit more geared toward market-based questions. One guy asked me what stocks I was following, to which I had no good answer. Luckily the next interviewer came in just in time to interrupt us. I also got a really easy probability question from one of the interviewers.

Interview Question – This wasn't difficult, but it's the only specific question I can remember.

You're playing basketball and you're down by 2. You know you can hit a 2-pointer to tie the game with 28% probability, and then go on to win the game in overtime with 50% probability. Alternatively, you know you can hit a 3-pointer and win with 15% probability. Which do you take?
  View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Summer Analyst Sales and Trading Interview

Summer Analyst Sales and Trading
Hongguangnongchang (China)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at UBS Investment Bank in October 2010.

Interview Details – The guy just asked a few questions related to my resume. Other than that there were two Probability based questions. And also a few questions on Statistics.

Interview Question – What is India's GDP for 2009-10?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at UBS Investment Bank

Worked for UBS Investment Bank? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at UBS Investment Bank Sales and Trading Summer Analyst interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by UBS Investment Bank employees and interview candidates.