UBS Investment Bank Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Mar 9, 2015

3.1

Summer Interview

Online application followed by automatic SHL Numerical/Logic tests
    Was called about setting up a phone interview soon after taking tests (under 2 weeks)
    Short 10 minute HR interview, nothing too difficult or unusual
    Why UBS
    What would you invest in if you had 1million
    Recent news story that you found interesting

Sales and Trading Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at UBS Investment Bank in January 2015.

Phone Interview.

I applied online. The process took weeks. The interview was bod standard, and so too was the aptitude tests. :)

Just know your own competencies inside out and you should be fine.

Summer Analyst At UBS IB Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at UBS Investment Bank.

Had a guaranteed telephone interview from a female networking event. At the beginning of the interview I was told that I couldn't ask any questions and that she had a set list of questions to ask. I couldn't understand her accent so had to ask her to repeat a lot, she wasn't happy to repeat. She asked why investment banking/why ubs/recent transaction/why chose to talk about that transaction/most complicated project I had led/tell me about a time where you didn't meet a deadline/a recent time when I had to make a tough decision. She didn't ask any additional questions from my responses and at the end just said bye and hung up, very rude lady.

Graduate Program Interview

I applied online – interviewed at UBS Investment Bank.

This was last year. I applied online and i did the online tests. They got back to me after two weeks to schedule a telephone interview. It feels like speaking to an answer machine because the HR just asks and keeps quite waiting for you to finish

Summer Analyst At UBS IB Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UBS Investment Bank in December 2014.

You first have to apply online. Then if your application is selected, they send you numerical and logical test. The first round is a phone interview, here are some basical questions:

- walk me through your resume
    - can you describe a recent deal ?
    - Tell me about a time you worked in a team

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer is like a robot. He has his list of questions and won't follow up.   Answer Question

Trading Interview

interviewed at UBS Investment Bank in December 2014.

I got through to the assessment centre in london. There were 4 parts to the day. First, given a folder of data about Toyota and had half hour to prepare presentation including SWOT analysis and 5 year plans. Then a competancy based interview, a more finance and technical based interview and finally a group exercise.

Risk Interview

I applied online – interviewed at UBS Investment Bank.

Telephone interview. Competency based.Asked about risk and how I apply it in my daily life.Why ubs?. The interview lasted 15min. asked about tell me about yourself. The lady was very friendly

Summer Analyst At UBS IB Interview

Really chilled out and easy! Nothing to be worried about, all members of the bank were really friendly and interviews were much more like a conversation about myself rather than anything else. No trick questions, they genuinely just want to spend time talking to you and meeting you, keep calm!

Sales & Trading Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

First round interview on the phone with competency-based questions. Then I went to their super-day with numerical test, group interview, case study (kind of strategy consulting), and final interview. No challenging questions if you are prepared. Friendly atmosphere, want you to ask questions and qhow your motivation

Applications Support Interview

I was initially contacted by an agent for an the above role, was called in for a written test initially on very basic stuff, the second interview was face to face and was more questions on past work experience and scenario based questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about and very critical incident that you handled and what lessons were learnt   Answer Question