UBS Investment Bank

3.1

35 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at UBS Investment Bank.

This was last year. I applied online and i did the online tests. They got back to me after two weeks to schedule a telephone interview. It feels like speaking to an answer machine because the HR just asks and keeps quite waiting for you to finish

Risk Interview

I applied online – interviewed at UBS Investment Bank.

Telephone interview. Competency based.Asked about risk and how I apply it in my daily life.Why ubs?. The interview lasted 15min. asked about tell me about yourself. The lady was very friendly

Summer Analyst At UBS IB Interview

Really chilled out and easy! Nothing to be worried about, all members of the bank were really friendly and interviews were much more like a conversation about myself rather than anything else. No trick questions, they genuinely just want to spend time talking to you and meeting you, keep calm!

Sales & Trading Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

First round interview on the phone with competency-based questions. Then I went to their super-day with numerical test, group interview, case study (kind of strategy consulting), and final interview. No challenging questions if you are prepared. Friendly atmosphere, want you to ask questions and qhow your motivation

Applications Support Interview

I was initially contacted by an agent for an the above role, was called in for a written test initially on very basic stuff, the second interview was face to face and was more questions on past work experience and scenario based questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about and very critical incident that you handled and what lessons were learnt   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UBS Investment Bank in November 2014.

Online application, invited to tests and then phone interview after 1 month.
    My interviewer was a director in the CCS group, he was very busy on that day, the call lasted for jusr 10 minutes. Very hard to say how it went, but my overall experience was negative.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me two companies that should merge - give me your outlook on M&A market   Answer Question

CCS Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UBS Investment Bank in November 2014.

Loved the interview. Not technical at all for me, they seemed really want to know their candidate on a personal level than anything else. Very nice and approachable people, and the team of candidate I was with were simply amazing - fun, smart, prepared and professional. Got the offer 1.5hr after the assessment centre - super efficient.

Summer Analyst At UBS IB Interview

interviewed at UBS Investment Bank in November 2014.

1.On-line application form. Included a lot of fit questions.
    2. Psychometric tests-standard
    3. Phone Interview- only competency based no technical questions. You should show genuine interest in the field and describe your skills in relation to the job. The telephone connection was awful.

CCS Graduate Training Programmer 2014/15 UK Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UBS Investment Bank in November 2014.

I applied via the website after attending the 2014 APAC Information and Networking Session.

Afterwards there was ONLY the SHL Numerical Reasoning test (2013 ver.).

Recieved a Telephone Interview a few weeks later conducted by a graduate trainnee from a year ago. Questions given were the following (4 questions):

1) Why you and not the other candidates?
    2) Have you been interviewed by other banks so far?
    3) What problems would there be for merging firms.
    4) Propose a realistic merger of two firms.

Final words were - Do you have any questions for me?

I was promised a 30min - 1 hour interview via the email. However the telephone interview lasted for a total of 24 min.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at UBS Investment Bank.

Completed the online application questions and psychometric tests. Was invited for a telephone interview a couple of weeks later. The telephone interview had a few commercial awareness questions in addition to some competency questions. Got invited to the next stage which was an assessment centre. The day consisted of a numerical exercise, individual presentation, competency interview, commercial interview and a group exercise. The numerical test was harder than the online one. The individual presentation was for 10 mins about apple and how it should deal with competition. We were given about 30 mins to read the documents and prepare our slides for a flipboard. It is important to not just read off your slides but make a good presentation and engage with the assessor. The interviewer in the competency interview quizzed me in great detail about my experience and education. The commercial interview was a bit technical and required good commercial awareness. The final group exercise was once again about Apple and we were supposed to decide how the company should invest 1 million. In the middle of the group exercise you get an urgent email stating we need to come up with a new apple business line.

Interview Questions
    Offer was in line with what I expected. Did not negotiate.