UBS

UBS Investment Banking Analyst Interview Questions

3.7

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Received an interview after speaking with current employees. The interview was conducted in brackets with 3 people. Questions were standard and all interviewees were quite nice.

Interview Questions
  • Why UBS? (I have always struggled with this type of question)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for UBS

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at UBS in February 2009.

There were two people in the interview, one seemed to play the good cop, one seemed to play the bad cop. Overall a standard IB interview, they asked for DCF cash flow, and everything on your resume. Be prepared to know your resume inside and out, because if you BS something, they will ask you indepth questions which I was not prepared to answer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at UBS in October 2008.

Phone interview consisted of fit questions. The face to face interviews were in one superday of 5 rounds. Asked why finance, etc. Explain credit crisis. Some logic questions - dice/probability. Then two guys who quizzed me on valuation. Asked me about internship previous summer with BoA. BoA gave me an offer but I said I'd take UBS over it. Obviously they didnt believe me.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at UBS in October 2011.

2 online test and was then invited to a interview day where many participants took a maths test in the morning. We then all had different interviews. I had 3, all with 2 people asking me questions. All very friendly and were more focused on practical things such as work experience and university participation as opposed to academic studies.

Interview Questions
    • When have you worked in a bad team and what steps did you take to make it better?   View Answer

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at UBS in December 2009.

9 1:1 interviews in-a-row consisting of motivation questions, past experience and general investment banking questions on products, markets and recent deals.
    Interview day ending with 2:1 interviews with head of experienced hire HR consisting of commenting CV, career path, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Are you conscious of the real challenge that UBS is facing at that time? We will all have to work very hard, are you ready for this?   View Answer
    No negotiation possible

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at UBS in November 2009.

Non target school. Had phone interview with HR which lasted about 30 minutes. Then was moved on to phone interview which was supposed to be with 2 analysts but only one made it to the conference call.Consisted mostly of behavioral questions. Then flew to New York for Super Day which consisted of 3 one on one interviews. Mostly behavioral with a couple of technical questions mixed in.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you would be a good analyst?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you lead a team and how it has impacted you?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at UBS in November 2009.

Applied online and got directly invited to pass two online tests. The first one was logical reasoning and the second numerical reasoning. You have to pass both to go to the interview. The minimum pass grade is 30% of the test right, but they actually rank your performance and give you a percentile. I scored 97th percentile and 95th percentile for logical and numerical respectively I got all the numbers, results, etc. by chatting with the women at HR.
    Tests passed, got phone call for interview: morning numerical test and HR interview, afternoon two interviews with managers.
    Aced the numerical test. HR interview was competence/character based and in a really chilled atmosphere. Made it to the line managers and then it got complicated: swiss german... not my best language. Turned out pretty ok. Should have not tried to negotiate on the dates, I saw a grim on their faces.
    Got a phone call two weeks later saying they chose the other guy cause he could start immediately and for 6 straight months.