UBS Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Aug 16, 2015

2.9

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Weehawken, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (Weehawken, NJ).

Interview

I appreciate interviews that feel more like a conversation than a test. This was not that kind of interview. They didn't seem to want to get to know me or my background, instead they asked many scripted questions. I understand that this is how it works at some places, but I left feeling like they didn't really gave me a chance to express my talents.

Interview Questions

• What's your greatest strength? What's your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Compliance Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY).

Interview

A professional interview process with friendly staff and managers who asked questions that were fair to the interviewees. Managing Directors took a lot of their time to interview you to make sure they were getting the right person from a professional and personal standpoint. HR was great and communicated well throughout process.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to leave your current job? What do you envision you will look to achieve in your first 30 days? Describe a project you recently worked on?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY).

Interview

2 rounds in total First round on campus, interviews with 2 people 1-1, both associates, 30min each, no technical questions Second round at headquarter, also 2 interviews, with Executive Directors, fit question HR organized dinner before 2nd round interviews

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume; what's your strength and weakness; standard interview questions   Answer Question

Fund Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Walked into office, met with 2 people, lasted 1.5 hours. Asked about experience, strengths, what value you bring to the company. The first person I interviewed was the hiring manager and we basically walked through my resume and chatted about the company. He asked about how well I work with others and the overall quality of my work. The second person was the supervisor and we just had a casual conversation. They want to get a sense that you're a good fit for the role and if you will fit in withthem.

Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Weehawken, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UBS (Weehawken, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview, itself, took approximately 10 minutes. The interview questions were very standard. It was a 2 on 1 interview process. It consisted of the hiring manager along with the HR representative.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weehawken, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UBS (Weehawken, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

Fairly easy interview process. Interviewed with three executive directors. One in person, one from London, and one from Switzerland. UBS was very aggressive with interview process and offer was received three days after interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Be sure to stand firm when negotiating salary and bonus. Do not provide your current salary during the interview process.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Typical first round phone interview and then a 3-round superday in the office. Since I was a sophomore, the interview questions were mostly behavioral. Everyone was very friendly so it was a little hard to gauge how well you did.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to make a difficult decision.   Answer Question

UBS Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Was referred by current intern whose position was opening up. Went to UBS offices and interviewed with financial adviser for about an hour and a half. Contacted me 2 weeks later to say she was making her decision soon. Contacted me again via phone a week later with her final decision.

Interview Questions

• How did your interest in finance start?   1 Answer

PWM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY).

Interview

The people were really nice and walk you through the interview. The questions were mostly behavioral and they made sure hard questions were more of a dialogue than sitting there silently while you struggle through it. Very nice people, both sales and product development. This was their first time hiring an intern for their department so I'm not sure they had a concrete process. Fun interview.

CSA/NFA Wealth Advice Center Interview

Anonymous Employee in Weehawken, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (Weehawken, NJ).

Interview

Initially got in contact through employee referral. Got an email scheduling a phone interview with 5 different people of various positions, each to last 30 minutes (around 2.5 hours total). Some were personable, others were very blunt with questions and just wanted to get straight to the point. Asked questions about background and experience, with some people asking the same questions as others; spent a lot of time telling me about the position. Asked if I knew what some characteristics of basic investment vehicles were (Mutual fund, fixed income. Not many curveballs, but the interview was very long.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest personal weakness? How does your experience prove you will be able to effectively communicate with people via phone?   Answer Question