UBS

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Interview

Sales
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UBS in March 2014.

Interview Details – 20 minutes interview

Interview Question – Why sales? Why UBS? Extracurricular activities? Pitch a stock   Answer Question

Director, Investment Banking Interview

Director, Investment Banking
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at UBS in February 2010.

Interview Details – Interview process was smooth but they negotiated to bring me a year behind given slow market, highlighting their transanctional nature. Not something you look for in an ideal employer.

Interview Question – Technical question from a smart Exec Director   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Be firm in your demands and having an alternate offer helps.

Very Easy Interview

Analyst Interview

Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at UBS.

Interview Details – I was referred by a close contact of the lead of the group. Overall it was one phone interview and one large group interview.

Interview Question – Nothing was unexpected   Answer Question

Wealth Management Intern Interview

Wealth Management Intern
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at UBS.

Interview Details – I was contacted by an Associate of the firm to come in for an interview in mid December 2013. They were in crisis mode when I had arrived and there was no shaking the interviewers mind off of what was happening outside of the interview. It lasted 10 minutes. She clearly was trying to finish as quickly as possible so she could get back to work.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Executive Director Interview

Executive Director
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at UBS in April 2013.

Interview Details – Started with a phone interview with HR. About a half hour in length. After I passed that screening, I went into the office and spent several hours there interviewing with 6 Executive Directors and Managing Directors.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Be sure to ask what the target range will be for your bonus. They will tell you that bonuses are discretionary, but don't take that for an answer. Make them specify what a high performing employee in their job title might expect. If they won't give you a target range in writing, ask for it verbally. If they won't give you any idea, walk away.

Very Easy Interview

Executive Director - Asset Management Interview

Executive Director - Asset Management
New York, NY

Interview Details – Series of interviews with peer group, MD's and eventually the division head. All very standard questions. No real surprises. Asked about industry contacts, time spent in different areas, technical aspects of various classes. How I felt about relocation, how would I feel about European travel, etc.

Interview Question – As I said, there really were no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Direct, although it was with HR, which was strange. Ultimately, I had to explain to the MD what the "deal" was and s/he was not pleased with aspects of it.

Emerging Talents Program Intern Interview

Emerging Talents Program Intern
New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at UBS in April 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online with resume, cover letter, and an essay answering a prompt. Given a phone screen, then a Superday style interview with three different groups and a presentation to HR about your essay. Questions were all behavioral.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to persuade someone to do something   Answer Question

Executive Director Interview

Executive Director
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 months - interviewed at UBS in February 2009.

Interview Details – Interview process was 5 months with several layers

Interview Question – How will you deal with complex stakeholders in various countries that might be hostile to global representatives?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 30 days. HR ruled

Financial Advisor Interview

Financial Advisor
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at UBS.

Interview Details – Online application, background check, simulated three hour working day.

Interview Question – "I don't get it. Why are you here at this interview?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Rigid corporate structure.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Quantitative Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at UBS in June 2009.

Interview Details – One phone interview that was very technical in nature. Once that was passed, I was flown from California to the east coast for the in-person interview. That was about 8 hours of pure technical questions on C++ and quant finance. I did well on most of it, but since I had a pure math background which involves little to no programming, my programming was weak and was only whaty I could get from reading a book with noi actual programming experience. They gave me a chance to brush up and then sent be a take home programmign exam that I did well at. Then they offered me a specially set up "inter' positions that was actually a very well paid consulting role that lasted about 9 months. I was then offered a full time role. There was also a take home quant finance exam that needed to be returned the next day, but that is no longer done there.

Interview Question – Now I consider it trivial, but at the time I had not studied enough quant finance to have come across Breeden-Litzenberger results for constructing the pdf for the terminal value of an asset at some point in the future.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – entry-level, so I took it!

Interviews for Top Jobs at UBS

Worked for UBS? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at UBS interview questions and advice in New York, NY. All 67 interview reviews posted anonymously by UBS employees and interview candidates.