UBS

Relevance Date Difficulty

UBS Wealth Management Interview

UBS Wealth Management
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UBS in April 2012.

Interview Details – Applied through university career services. Was put in touch with a client service representative who conducted a single phone interview. Interview consisted of a few fit questions - mainly why I was interested in the position, and what about my post experiences made me a good candidate for the position.

Interview Question – Pitch me a stock..   Answer Question

UBS Wealth Management Interview

UBS Wealth Management
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at UBS.

Interview Details – I received an an interview through a referral at my college I am studying at. The first interview I had with UBS was just a phone screening. The second interview I had with UBS asked about what my goals were for my career in finance and why I wanted to be with Wealth Management at UBS.

Interview Question – n/a   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The process took very long, I accepted the offer in early May and didn't start working until mid June.

Strategist Interview

Strategist
New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at UBS in September 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring process is notoriously slow and a very frustrating process. So be prepared! You will have to go thru many interview rounds and meet many individuals, including those that are not well-prepared to interview ... and not so interested in being there.

Sales Interview

Sales
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UBS in March 2014.

Interview Details – 20 minutes interview

Interview Question – Why sales? Why UBS? Extracurricular activities? Pitch a stock   Answer Question

Director, Investment Banking Interview

Director, Investment Banking
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at UBS in February 2010.

Interview Details – Interview process was smooth but they negotiated to bring me a year behind given slow market, highlighting their transanctional nature. Not something you look for in an ideal employer.

Interview Question – Technical question from a smart Exec Director   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Be firm in your demands and having an alternate offer helps.

Very Easy Interview

Analyst Interview

Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at UBS.

Interview Details – I was referred by a close contact of the lead of the group. Overall it was one phone interview and one large group interview.

Interview Question – Nothing was unexpected   Answer Question

Wealth Management Intern Interview

Wealth Management Intern
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at UBS.

Interview Details – I was contacted by an Associate of the firm to come in for an interview in mid December 2013. They were in crisis mode when I had arrived and there was no shaking the interviewers mind off of what was happening outside of the interview. It lasted 10 minutes. She clearly was trying to finish as quickly as possible so she could get back to work.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Executive Director Interview

Executive Director
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at UBS in April 2013.

Interview Details – Started with a phone interview with HR. About a half hour in length. After I passed that screening, I went into the office and spent several hours there interviewing with 6 Executive Directors and Managing Directors.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Be sure to ask what the target range will be for your bonus. They will tell you that bonuses are discretionary, but don't take that for an answer. Make them specify what a high performing employee in their job title might expect. If they won't give you a target range in writing, ask for it verbally. If they won't give you any idea, walk away.

Very Easy Interview

Executive Director - Asset Management Interview

Executive Director - Asset Management
New York, NY

Interview Details – Series of interviews with peer group, MD's and eventually the division head. All very standard questions. No real surprises. Asked about industry contacts, time spent in different areas, technical aspects of various classes. How I felt about relocation, how would I feel about European travel, etc.

Interview Question – As I said, there really were no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Direct, although it was with HR, which was strange. Ultimately, I had to explain to the MD what the "deal" was and s/he was not pleased with aspects of it.

Emerging Talents Program Intern Interview

Emerging Talents Program Intern
New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at UBS in April 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online with resume, cover letter, and an essay answering a prompt. Given a phone screen, then a Superday style interview with three different groups and a presentation to HR about your essay. Questions were all behavioral.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to persuade someone to do something   Answer Question

Worked for UBS? Contribute to the Community!