UBS Interview Questions in New York, NY

Updated Apr 7, 2015

2.8

UBS Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at UBS (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Was referred by current intern whose position was opening up. Went to UBS offices and interviewed with financial adviser for about an hour and a half. Contacted me 2 weeks later to say she was making her decision soon. Contacted me again via phone a week later with her final decision.

Interview Questions

• How did your interest in finance start?   1 Answer

PWM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at UBS (New York, NY).

Interview

The people were really nice and walk you through the interview. The questions were mostly behavioral and they made sure hard questions were more of a dialogue than sitting there silently while you struggle through it. Very nice people, both sales and product development. This was their first time hiring an intern for their department so I'm not sure they had a concrete process. Fun interview.

UBS Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at UBS (New York, NY).

Interview

I received an an interview through a referral at my college I am studying at. The first interview I had with UBS was just a phone screening. The second interview I had with UBS asked about what my goals were for my career in finance and why I wanted to be with Wealth Management at UBS.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The process took very long, I accepted the offer in early May and didn't start working until mid June.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UBS (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

20 minutes interview

Interview Questions

• Why sales? Why UBS? Extracurricular activities? Pitch a stock   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UBS (New York, NY).

Interview

I was referred by a close contact of the lead of the group. Overall it was one phone interview and one large group interview.

Wealth Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at UBS (New York, NY).

Interview

I was contacted by an Associate of the firm to come in for an interview in mid December 2013. They were in crisis mode when I had arrived and there was no shaking the interviewers mind off of what was happening outside of the interview. It lasted 10 minutes. She clearly was trying to finish as quickly as possible so she could get back to work.

Executive Director - Asset Management Interview

Application

Interview

Series of interviews with peer group, MD's and eventually the division head. All very standard questions. No real surprises. Asked about industry contacts, time spent in different areas, technical aspects of various classes. How I felt about relocation, how would I feel about European travel, etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Direct, although it was with HR, which was strange. Ultimately, I had to explain to the MD what the "deal" was and s/he was not pleased with aspects of it.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at UBS (New York, NY).

Interview

Online application, background check, simulated three hour working day.

Interview Questions

• "I don't get it. Why are you here at this interview?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

Rigid corporate structure.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at UBS (New York, NY).

Interview

2 Rounds of interview. 1st Round is phone interview with one or two analysts, 2nd round is AC.

Production Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at UBS (New York, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

Had a phone interview first than a face to face a week later

Interview Questions

• What are our greatest weaknesses.   1 Answer