UBS Operations Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 2, 2015
Updated Mar 2, 2015

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at UBS.

The interview was pretty straightforward and comfortable. My interviewer began by telling me about her background and then asked me to do the same. Next came questions about why I wanted to work for UBS, along with questions about my past work experience. The interviewer then gave me a brief description of the position and gave me time to ask questions.

Other Interview Reviews for UBS

Operations Analyst Interview

interviewed at UBS in June 2012.

The interview was very good. There was a two step process involving different people from senior management. Very detailed and helpful. The members of upper level management were very in tune with what they wanted from the potential employee. I would recommend the company to anyone trying to get into the financial industry and expand their knowledge

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UBS in October 2011.

I met a recruiter at a conference and later forwarded along my resume because I was impressed by their poise and interest in me. They called me to schedule a phone interview about a week later. It was rescheduled once but they were very professional about it. The phone interview was pretty standard with a lot of questions about my resume and interest in operations. I was called the next day and informed that I was invited to their superday for college students. I went and was very impressed with their facility and their employees. It consisted of three interviews with managers and more questions about my resume and interest in operations. There were no tricky business questions or cases. I found most people pretty engaging and interesting, and almost everyone was friendly, including the other recruits. They called me a week later and made an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about an article you read today   Answer Question
    • If your supervisor had to say one bad thing about you, what would it be?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at UBS in July 2011.

I was prescreened through a phone call with the head of HR. They then set me up for an interview in Jersey City a few days later. I interviewed with a total of 5 people each one on one. The first interview was by far the most difficult. The HR manager came in wearing pink pajamas and sneakers. The questions she asked were not difficult, but her ice cold demeanor made it difficult or impossible to create rapport. I would compare the first interview with an interrogation. The next four 1:1 interviews were much more pleasant and generally assessed whether we could comfortably work together.

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at UBS.

Had a telephone interview with member of HR, very relaxed and overall lasted about 20 mins. All competency based questions and a few about why UBS and why operations.

Heard back about two months later and was invited to an Assessment Centre. I was to have 3 interviews and a numeracy test. Numeracy was fairly basic but everyone felt like they'd struggled in the time allowed but we all passed. Then the interviews with different teams within operations. All informal and relaxed. They started off with a brief outline of the what the team did and what we should expect to do daily.

Did not get a role in operations but was invited to another assessment centre with a different division.

Operations Analyst Interview

The Hiring Process was extremely quick. I was referred to the hiring manager through an employment agency. After sending out my CV, I was asked to go in for an interview. I have only seen 2 people at UBS. I was offered a few days after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Surprisingly, no difficult questions were asked at all.   View Answer

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at UBS.

It really depends. Some managers are more easy going. Mainly hiring manager and HR.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing much technical. More about how to handle situation of your past experience.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Phone Call interview, Assessment Centre (Interview + Presentation + Group study on Amazon portfolio)

Interview Questions
    • Could you tell me about the market shares on Amazon (based on material provided for presentation)   View Answer

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at UBS in November 2011.

Applied online via the website. Filled up the online application form which required personal particulars, work experience, academic history. Completed a numeric test and logical reasoning test online after the online application was completed.

Interview Questions
    • What are the qualities you think is required for someone in Operations?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at UBS in November 2011.

I sent my resume and transcript and there is an interview with two department managers. They ask me about UBS, what do they do and what departments they have. They ask about my working experience. The whole process took 15 mins.