UBS

3.5

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at UBS in June 2009.

One phone interview that was very technical in nature. Once that was passed, I was flown from California to the east coast for the in-person interview. That was about 8 hours of pure technical questions on C++ and quant finance. I did well on most of it, but since I had a pure math background which involves little to no programming, my programming was weak and was only whaty I could get from reading a book with noi actual programming experience. They gave me a chance to brush up and then sent be a take home programmign exam that I did well at. Then they offered me a specially set up "inter' positions that was actually a very well paid consulting role that lasted about 9 months. I was then offered a full time role. There was also a take home quant finance exam that needed to be returned the next day, but that is no longer done there.

Interview Questions
  • Now I consider it trivial, but at the time I had not studied enough quant finance to have come across Breeden-Litzenberger results for constructing the pdf for the terminal value of an asset at some point in the future.   Answer Question
entry-level, so I took it!

Other Interview Reviews for UBS

Quantitative Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UBS in February 2013.

They Focus a lot on problem solving skills. Think out loud, they want to see how you go about a matter, not if you know the answer. Be honest. UBS employees, management included, tend to be quite normal and approachable people.

Interview Questions
    • Why should you want to come work at UBS given all the bad press?   View Answer
    I did not negotiate enough. Getting promoted is tougher these days, so push hard to get hired at a good rank. Speak to the line managers, HR is rather inflexible.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at UBS.

I'll be short, and try to only state facts. I was given an offer within a week of the first interview because they I knew I had another pending offer, and UBS successfully convinced me that their position is amazing. I turned the other one down, arrange my PhD defense date, purchased the literature and software they suggested me to practice with before the start. Kept getting positive emails from them. And then got a call that they no longer need me, right after my defense.

Interview Questions
    • Standard reasonable questions about c++, stochastic calculus, probability, volatility.   View Answer
    Got an offer, which was taken back. Wasted my time, money, other offer.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at UBS in December 2010.

A paper-based test comes first, covers programming, probability and stochastic calculus.

Then get interviewed by two professionals, each 40 minutes. Questions are all technical or brainteasers, no behavourial ones.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at UBS in May 2010.

HR contact me several days before to fix the date for the interview, and i talked to two people in turn during the process of the phone interview. it took about an hour. we first went through my resume and he asked questions about my background, and then they described the job roles.