UBS Sales and Trading Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2015

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at UBS (Stamford, CT) in February 2010.

Interview

I did an on campus interview for the first round, and headed to the final round in Stamford, CT, as that's where the main trading floor is. The interview experience was pretty mixed- some of the interviewers were very friendly and gave a lot of advice, while others just looked really tired. A lot of brain teasers and math questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you were selected for the final round of interviews?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for UBS

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

It's a on campus interview. The interviewer was an experienced trader.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and why you became interested in sales and trading.   Answer Question
    • If 80% of Ford's sales is in Europe, what would happen to company's annual revenue if the exchange rate decline from 1.5 to 1.   2 Answers

Sales and Trading Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UBS.

Interview

College application. 30 minutes Phone interview, but in fact just 15 minutes. Campus Interview including 2 30-minutes interviews. One is with a department manager or VP. The other is with 2 associates.

Interview Questions

• The VP asked me behavorial questions, such as why you want to do something. He also asked many mental math questions and brain teasers. I am stuck in the brain teasers. The other interview is more about resume. They almost asked all experience in my resume. If they are interested, they may continue to ask.   1 Answer

Sales and Trading Interview

Interview

focus more on market than other firms everyone at the firm is focused because of the recent downsizing/ However, they are a good group of people trying to do the most they can.

Sales and Trading Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UBS (London, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview. I applied online. The process took weeks. The interview was bod standard, and so too was the aptitude tests. :) Just know your own competencies inside out and you should be fine.

Sales and Trading Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at UBS in January 2010.

Interview

I went to UBS Sales and Trading Superday for their internship position. The day started off with a written test. We were given a practice test beforehand but the actual test was much easier than the practice one (surprisingly). Then, we all had five 20 minute interviews in a row. Each interviewer started off with the same 'tell me about yourself' question, then some asked brainteasers, some asked math questions, and some just grilled you on why you wanted to be in S&T.

Sales and Trading Interview

Anonymous Employee in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (Zürich (Switzerland)) in April 2013.

Interview

The whole process, from the very beginning until the end, was very friendly and highly professional. As an applicant I was kept up to date on the process, and was contacted when something took longer than previously indicated.

Sales and Trading Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UBS (London, England (UK)) in September 2014.

Interview

Application with questions, testing, telephone interview, Assessment Centre. Application had questions such as 'Why UBS?', 'Why this division?' etc..... Online testing included numerical reasoning and logical reasoning. Telephone interview was a mixture of motivational questions, competency questions, and one technical (see below).

Interview Questions

• How would you invest 1m dollars?   1 Answer