Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at UBS
- Intern (64)
- Wealth Management Intern (18)
- UBS Wealth Management (18)
- Summer Analyst (17)
- Analyst (16)
- Wealth Management (15)
- Business Analyst (15)
- Software Engineer (12)
- Operations Analyst (11)
- Financial Advisor (11)
- Client Service Associate (8)
- UBS Wealth Management Intern (8)
- Investment Banking Analyst (7)
- Financial Advisor Trainee (7)
- Financial Analyst (7)
- Software Developer (6)
- Summer (6)
- Operations (6)
- Associate Director (5)
- IT Business Analyst (5)
- Summer Intern (5)
- Quantitative Analyst (5)
- Data Analyst (5)
- Director (5)
- Registered Client Service Associate (5)
- GTP (4)
- Client Advisor (4)
- IT Manager (4)
- Wealth Management Internship (4)
- PWM (3)
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks – interviewed at UBS (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2015.
Good first interview amd OK second. Second interview was a bit random and disjointed. But it was good to meet the wider team. First interviewed went well with both a good inquiry into knowledge and fit, whilst providing good insights into culture, workflow and overall fit.
- Fair. good combination of 'standard structured' questions and some nice more probing personal and career orientated questions Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at UBS (Singapore (Singapore)).
Two rounds of interview. Basic question about self and how this role will help u . Need to understand their processes and demonstrate that you can hit the ground running
- Basic entry level questions Answer Question
- Declined OfferAverage Interview
I applied online – interviewed at UBS.
Assessment Centre 1) Technical Thinking Exercise (Individual) - think individually then present to interviewer 2) Numerical Exercise (Individual) - 20 min 3) Group Discussion Exercise - 15 min thinking - 20 min group exercise 4) Competency Interview (Individual) - 40 min ~ interview
- What is a current business news that caught your attention? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ months – interviewed at UBS (Singapore (Singapore)) in December 2014.
Assessment center consists of 1 case study, 1 group discussion, 1 numerical test(simple, the same as the online one), 1 presentation based on the case and 1 interview with 1 interviewer. it took about 6 hours in total. Interviewer was very nice and gentle.
- Behavioral questions and some basic accounting knowledge. Answer Question
- Declined Offer
There was only one interview, with one MD and one ED. Interview was friendly, but it depends on who the interviewer is. Some prefer technical questions, some prefer culture fit questions. Networking and referral clinched the interview.
Reasons for Declining
Already took up another job. Offer took 2 months due to headcount issues.
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at UBS in March 2014. Face to face interview with the manager. Typical interview questions were asked during the interview such as your past work experience and the challenges faced. There was discussion on the work requirements and the objectives of the project they were handling. The whole Interview process took about 30 minutes.
- Have you make any suggestions that improve the work process and how did you come up with that suggestion? Answer Question
- No Offer
5 rounds of interviews with the team as well as the COO office. the team is small but people are very nice. the rest are senior people with loads of experience and will try to test on your technical knowledge.
- Valuing a forest industry Answer Question
Helpful (7)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week – interviewed at UBS (Singapore (Singapore)) in July 2013.
1 round of face-to-face interview with the team leader and manager. Interview was straight to the point, asking for past work experience. Few of the typical interview questions. Explained briefly on the work requirements. Took about 20 minutes.
- What difficulties did you face in your previous in your previous job and how you deal/ overcome it? Answer Question
- Declined OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at UBS (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2013.
After applying online, I had to do 3 SHL online tests: Maths (basic graph/chart interpretation), Logical Reasoning (guessing the next shape based on patterns), Programming (basic logical testing). The first interview is a phone interview lasting 30-40 mins. Basic competency questions and also further exploration of stated experiences on resume. The second round is the Assessment Centre. It comprises of two 1:1 interviews. The first one will have a technical case study. But they're generally a repetition of the phone interview. You'll have to retake the Numerical Test. Finally, there'll be a Group Exercise where you'll have to do a Business Case Study.
- 1) Present key considerations when deciding to outsource services to offshore locations. 2) Develop a product for Amazon for the next 5-10 years. Answer Question
Reasons for Declining
Awaiting another offer. Small decision window.
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review